• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NickA

Bertuzzi SUCKS

Rate this topic

Not directing this directly at you or anything, but Bertuzzi only has one more giveaway than Datsyuk. He is 3rd on the team in Takeaways, 4th in hits, 2nd in shots, 5th in missed shots, 16 minutes of TOI a game, 5th in forward points, and 16 PIM(which is bad, but not completely awful).

I really don't think that's bad considering the 1.5 million salary. Of course he is not playing great, but is he really the reason the Red Wing's are losing or even is he that big of deal? Or does it have more to do with the injuries, Lidstrom's offensive decline, the struggle of the PK(which he has nothing to do with), the struggle of the first PP unit(which he has nothing to do with), or the fact that both of our goalies are at the bottom of all the statistic categories?

Bertuzzi should be one of the least of our worries, if he had 20 more giveaways then everyone else, 50 more PIM, then everyone else, was a -10, had no goals, had no points, and missed everyone of his shots then we can start worrying about whether or not a secondary scorer is contributing a significant amount to a team's struggle.

Great post!

I'm very happy to see Bert get a sweet goal for the game winner.

Thats YOUR opinion. :rolleyes:

Yeah it is, but considering the numbers back me up I feel I have a more informed and legitimate opinion compared to a random opinion based on a fan's observation of a couple situations throughout the start of the season.

Yeah it is, but considering the numbers back me up I feel I have a more informed and legitimate opinion compared to a random opinion based on a fan's observation of a couple situations throughout the start of the season.

I agree....the numbers/stats are there to back it up.

Or... because you feel you have a more informed and legitimate opinion, you twist the numbers to back you up.

I'm the only one bringing numbers.

No, you're cherry picking numbers and ignoring the ones that show he's not playing like a top 6 forward. And i find it funny you defended Crosby in the hat trick thread by pointing to his shooting percentage. :D

No, you're cherry picking numbers and ignoring the ones that show he's not playing like a top 6 forward. And i find it funny you defended Crosby in the hat trick thread by pointing to his shooting percentage. :D

Crosby is paid just a bit more than Bertuzzi.

The fact is if a 1.5 million dollar player is up there in multiple categories he isn't hurting the team as much as some people here pretend he is. That's all I'm trying to get across.

I don't think Bertuzzi should be a top 6 forward, thing is we don't have another player that is more suited for the role without using our center depth which could be even worse than using Bertuzzi with Datsyuk. This is a side effect of injuries players are going to be placed in roles they shouldn't be in. Bertuzzi is doing all he can to fit into Franzen's shadow, and to say he isn't trying is just offensive and frankly pisses me off. :P

Crosby is paid just a bit more than Bertuzzi.

The fact is if a 1.5 million dollar player is up there in multiple categories he isn't hurting the team as much as some people here pretend he is. That's all I'm trying to get across.

I don't think Bertuzzi should be a top 6 forward, thing is we don't have another player that is more suited for the role without using our center depth which could be even worse than using Bertuzzi with Datsyuk. This is a side effect of injuries players are going to be placed in roles they shouldn't be in. Bertuzzi is doing all he can to fit into Franzen's shadow, and to say he isn't trying is just offensive and frankly pisses me off. :P

So shooting percentage only matters if you get paid a lot. Got it.

Look, I'm not saying he isn't trying- he is, and he's trying hard... maybe too hard. Look at all the shots and the lack of goals. If you want to say his production is fair given his salary, fine. I'm saying his production doesn't justify his line. He's not doing anything on the second line. He's painful on the PP. Whatever he brings to the table doesn't fit with Dats or Homer (I could see the Bert-Homer FAIL a mile away...). Basically, he's the 2009 Samuellson. Tries hard, shows glimpses, but gets time due to Babcock liking him.

Babcock thinks he is the best option right now, and I believe Babcock understands the situation thoroughly. We just don't have the depth on Winger's right now for the Datsyuk line to truly get back to top line form. That's it.

Babcock thinks he is the best option right now, and I believe Babcock understands the situation thoroughly. We just don't have the depth on Winger's right now for the Datsyuk line to truly get back to top line form. That's it.

But he spent time on the second line and the PP *before* the injuries.

Hey, I trust Babcock. But... Samuellson...

No he isn't. He is one of the leaders in hits and takeaways for our forwarsd. He is 2nd in terms of shots on goal and he isn't missing the net as much as zetterberg is. He is creating scoring chances that holmstrom is not capitalizing on. He is hardly the reason for the red wings trouble. I'd worry about datsyuk and zetterberg or lidsrrom or holmstrom or osgood before I'm worrying about a 3rd liner that isn't able to live up to unfair expectations of franzen or hossa.

Im not a Bert HATER persay. But with Franzen , Williams, and Fillpula out ( an entire line )

he is seeing more ice time and should be leading in something...

I thought the signing of Bert was desperate, and a waste of money. considering we could of re-signed Conklin and been more secure in the Goaltending dept. (tho with the injuries whos to say Conklin would be having a great year either)

It's hard to say he Sucks..... Buts it is also hard to say he should be on Line 1.