i bet filppula can't blow bubbles like a boss :cool:

#602 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:49 PM

Horrible bump.

I think someone is trying to compensate for Flip having another mediocre season. Little misdirection can go a long way.

Whether this was his direct intention or not, who knows, but your blurb illustrates just how stubborn and annoying some people in here can be when it comes to their favorite players. And, on the flip side as well, with people in here having an obsessive disliking of certain players when those players aren't doing all that bad as they want to portray and so forth.

And Bertuzzi thinks that you all suck, so ha. *shrugs*

#603 hoogs

hoogs

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 403 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:19 PM

Too soon to bump this? lol :siren:

#604 DaWinger

DaWinger

Jr. Prospect

• 20 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:40 PM

Too soon to bump this? lol :siren:

LoL trying to start trouble? Either Bert is trying to be on top of the list of penalty minutes during one season, or the refs hate the guy.
A Yooper living in the Deep South

#605 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:46 PM

I like a lot of things about Todd Bertuzzi being on this team. However, he looks like he is pacing himself for a long season and a long post season, at a pace a younger guy would not have to do. This early season pace of his does not look good on him.

But it also looks like most of the team is doing the same thing.

They need to play all out for 60 minutes and get a winning rythym going, then rest guys by rotating others in every few games, not resting on the ice for most of a couple of periods during games.

Edited by T.Low, 02 November 2011 - 05:47 PM.

#606 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:18 PM

BERTUZZI IS LAZY AND HE SUCKS ™

Had to get that in there first, on this, the 2nd (or 3rd) time around for this thread.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#607 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:10 PM

I don't think it's a case of Bertuzzi sucks yet.. He's had a rough start as most of the team has, but I will admit he has probably had more glaring giveaways and errors than any other player. I have started paying attention to Bert play a lot more in the last few games and, not trying to whine about officiating, I think the majority of his bad penalties are reputation calls.. I am not saying they aren't new NHL "penalties" but he seems to have a really short leash as to what he can get away with compared to a lot of other players. <_<

Edited by GSBrooks13, 02 November 2011 - 08:11 PM.

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#608 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:31 PM

Reportedly, Derian Hatcher called Bertuzzi and told him he needs to stop taking so many penalties.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#609 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,625 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:46 PM

:zzz:

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#610 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:23 PM

He's finally starting to be physical. Quit yer bitchin'!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#611 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:08 PM

Thank god this is might be his last year here.

Edited by dragonballgtz, 04 November 2011 - 02:27 PM.

#612 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:32 AM

What the HELL is going on with all you people?? Just cause the Wings are going through a rough patch everyone start picking apart the team and trashing them. WTF????

#613 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:47 AM

He's become my "DAMMIT [insert player name here]!" go-to with stupid penalties this season. I like Bert, but it's either that the refs truly are out to get him or he's just taking stupid, lazy penalties...and conspiracy theories aside, it's gotta be the latter. Needs to work on his discipline either way because the refs aren't going to stop calling him for stuff, just like they're not going to stop calling Homer for goaltender interference even when he's nowhere near the goaltender.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#614 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:10 AM

I actually like Bertuzzi, a lot, but he has been absolutely horrendous this season. And as edi just said, he's got to realise the refs target him, so he's got to play smarter.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#615 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:53 AM

The way he is playing this season, someone needs to check the wording in his contract. From the looks of it, he's getting paid for each turnover and taxed by the stride, special bonus for playing with one hand on the stick and taking stupid penalties. I really don't understand how we can bench Hudler and Eaves, but never Bert. I felt for Nyquist, first big leagues game and he has to pull that sled around the rink. Completely negated that line all night.

Grab some pine, fella.

#616 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,458 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:31 AM

i like Bertuzzi as much as the next guy, but the start of this season he has been the undisputed king of offensive zone penalties.

#617 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:35 PM

I actually like Bertuzzi, a lot, but he has been absolutely horrendous this season. And as edi just said, he's got to realise the refs target him, so he's got to play smarter.

This season? Try 3 seasons.

#618 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:01 PM

What the HELL is going on with all you people?? Just cause the Wings are going through a rough patch everyone start picking apart the team and trashing them. WTF????

You didn't know that's how it works around here? Gotta blame somebody, there is no way we could be performing poorly as a TEAM, is there? I'd be lying if I didn't say I was concerned with our lackluster play, but this is the Detroit Motherf****** Red Wings. They gotta get it going, but they know that, we know that, Babs knows that, Holland knows that. It's not worth taking years off your life b/c they lose a few games. It's not a 16 game season, so everyone chill the f*** out.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#619 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:07 PM

I don't mind a thread like this, as it might get Bert playing the way he should be playing: PHYSICAL! Go see a psychologist and get Steve Moore out of your head, Bert, and start running people over again, like you used to do to poor Chelios. I mean, I doubt he visits this forum, but after he started getting criticism from fans last season, he came out and kicked the s*** out of Shane O'Brien...twice, and played better overall. Fans started chanting his name, remember. It'd be nice if he could chip in with a few goals, but if not he would better serve this team as a kind of enforcer...if Holland would allow that.

#620 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:35 PM

He bowled over somebody on Tuesday early in the first. Ever since the Shanabans I get nervous with our big(ger) hits, so I remember it clearly.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30