• Please log in to reply
639 replies to this topic

#621 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Beat Boston!

• Gold Booster
  • 4,991 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:59 PM

What the HELL is going on with all you people?? Just cause the Wings are going through a rough patch everyone start picking apart the team and trashing them. WTF????

No. Bertuzzi sucked in the five wins too. I'm an equal opportunity proponent of the bench Bertuzzi movement.

Seriously though, he has to stop taking stupid penalties. Using your stick as a sledge hammer to slash isn't a reputation call.

#622 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,252 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:08 PM

He just hasn't been the same player since the incident. Maybe he was using steroids before, I am not sure, nor am I accusing him of using. But, he just hasn't been the same, he is a shadow of his former self on the ice. He cannot turn it back on... a 50 goal scorer would be wonderful to see on this team again...

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

Money on the board: $30.00 plus immunity.

Franzen = 1.00 PPG

#623 PrairieDawg

PrairieDawg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:23 PM

He just hasn't been the same player since the incident. Maybe he was using steroids before, I am not sure, nor am I accusing him of using. But, he just hasn't been the same, he is a shadow of his former self on the ice. He cannot turn it back on... a 50 goal scorer would be wonderful to see on this team again...

Well I mean he was banned from the league for quite some time, I assume that was a big reason for his play declining.

#624 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:37 PM

Probably the biggest reason for his decline is he developed back problems.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#625 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:22 PM

Your right. He's not the same player that he was 8 seasons ago. Neither is Lidstrom. Should we start a Lidstrom Sucks thread because he doesn't pull 30 minutes a night without a single mistake anymore. Hell, Yzerman, Shanahan, Chelios, and Fedorov aren't the same players as they were, 8 years ago.

#626 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:45 PM

How is this even a topic of discussion? If you're going to start picking apart the team this early in the season, at least stick to the guys making double or triple Bertuzzi's salary who also haven't done jack s*** so far.

#627 PROBIE4PREZ

PROBIE4PREZ

In Holland I trust.

• PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:56 PM

How is this even a topic of discussion? If you're going to start picking apart the team this early in the season, at least stick to the guys making double or triple Bertuzzi's salary who also haven't done jack s*** so far.

Hasn't Bertuzzi been in the top 6 this season though? Thats mind boggling if he has been. Also the last game I watched against Min. his s***tyness really stood out.
"I mean, the best thing for my knee, for anyone's knee, is to never play again and retire. But I'm not going to do that." o-captain my captain

#628 hoogs

hoogs

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 403 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:17 PM

The 2 or 3 stupid penalties he takes a game are bad enough, but when you add on the RIDICULOUS s*** he tries to pull off on the ice as well you have a horrible, horrible hockey player. This guy is the king of behind the back, through the legs passes and shots that have ZERO chance of hitting his "target". I put that in quotes because for the most part he has his head down and just blindly throws it to an area hoping for it to go in or hit a teammate. f****** garbage! I am sick of this guy, and with the Wings thinning out in the talent department each year, his lack of talent shows through that much more.

Having Hudler and Bertuzzi in our top 6 makes me a sad Red Wings fan. These guys are not Red Wing caliber players at their current state.

#629 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:56 PM

Isn't Bert FINALLY sitting out tonight??? If he is THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!

#630 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,001 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:44 PM

Best game Bertuzzi has played in a while. :thumbup:

i bet filppula can't blow bubbles like a boss :cool:

Filppula's bubble blowing breakout season is coming, guaranteed.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#631 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:45 PM

5 goals without Bertuzzi? He can sit for the next few games.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#632 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:00 PM

come on guys this is TODDZILLA we are talking about. Big Bert is af****** beauty and should and will continue to play. because hes af****** boss with tons of swag

#633 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:02 PM

5 goals without Bertuzzi? He can sit for the next few games.

As I suggested in the GDT bench him for the month, make it Mo' Goal Movember. :)

come on guys this is TODDZILLA we are talking about. Big Bert is af****** beauty and should and will continue to play. because hes af****** boss with tons of swag

The way The Todd has been playing he can ride the pine and self high-five, imho.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#634 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:02 PM

I'm a juju kind of gal. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#635 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:08 PM

I really didn't miss him tonight. He has been horrid this season, and he's really not playing with "last chance to win a Cup" intensity.

#636 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,858 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:22 PM

Great tempo from every line tonight! What did they have in common? No Bertuzzi.

Replace a big sled with Filppula and look at that, Hank and Mule are just fine. I honestly don't see where Todd fits in, he is only physical with a slash or a free arm hold that puts him in the box. He is a pylon defensively and confused/disinterested offensively. Any line he has been on has had to deal with his slow ass and enough is enough.

This will be the real test. Usually Babcock hates to change a winning line-up, especially after a losing streak like that and great game like the last one. However, Babs also seems to have a soft spot for Big Bert, so we'll see where his bias lies.

Holmstrom-Datsyuk-Cleary
Filppula-Zetterberg-Franzen
Hudler-Helm-Abdelkader
Eaves-Emmerton-Brunnstrom
Miller Bertuzzi (scratch)

Make it so!... The Todd is dead, long live the Todd! Now if we can only get Cleary going...

#637 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:29 PM

Ok I really don't get the hate for Big Bert I wont lie. I get being annoyed with him but he's an aging player we picked up at a good price who does a lot more for his buck then most.

EDIT: I don't know anybody who ever thought Bertuzzi would ever score 50 goddamn goals here? Unless you live under a rock you would know of his injury problems, he did try to play here before after all, again I get the frustation that sometimes come with him from a dumb penalty standpoint but I still feel he does a lot more good then bad for this club. On the rink and off.

Edited by 13dangledangle, 05 November 2011 - 11:41 PM.

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#638 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:31 AM

Hehe. The Todd.

How about a "I have the flu and I have to sit out a game and suddenly my team wins" high five? (Raises hand)

#639 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:39 AM

Hehe. The Todd.

How about a "I have the flu and I have to sit out a game and suddenly my team wins" high five? (Raises hand)

Nice pickup on the scrubs reference. Cue Konnan's awesome photochop. :)
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#640 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,416 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:11 AM

Enjoy your stay in "The Leino Lounge".

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.