• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest VAL FILPPULA

Datsyuk Frustration

Rate this topic

Guest VAL FILPPULA

Did anyone else notice Datsyuk's body language tonight? Like when they showed him sitting on the bench and he looked, i dont even know what word to use, maybe sad? Another time I saw him deep in our offensive zone, he saw the puck was given away and he didn't even want to skate back. He hesitated for a second or two then started to skate back. Someone on this board said he is "calmly frustrated", still frustrated none the less. IMO I don't think he likes playing with Bertuzzi or Holmstrom. Who knows though. I dont talk to the guy (someday...haha). I just think given his style of play as the pure set up man, he needs someone who can atleast skate and create some chances. Why not put Leino with him? Or Cleary? What do you guys think?

Did anyone else notice Datsyuk's body language tonight? Like when they showed him sitting on the bench and he looked, i dont even know what word to use, maybe sad? Another time I saw him deep in our offensive zone, he saw the puck was given away and he didn't even want to skate back. He hesitated for a second or two then started to skate back. Someone on this board said he is "calmly frustrated", still frustrated none the less. IMO I don't think he likes playing with Bertuzzi or Holmstrom. Who knows though. I dont talk to the guy (someday...haha). I just think given his style of play as the pure set up man, he needs someone who can atleast skate and create some chances. Why not put Leino with him? Or Cleary? What do you guys think?

It's fitting you posted this b/c I believe that the key to Datsyuk's frustration and slump is Filppula. When we get him back we now have a legit 2nd line center. With that, we can put ZDH back together and hopefully create some offense.

On a sidenote, does anyone think that this offense funk is due to our defenseman? It seems as though guys like Zetterberg and Datsyuk thrived when we had puck moving D-men who did tape to tape passes. It seems as though are players are skating in mud and I think the lack of crisp passes from the D-men are slowing are forwards down leading to frustration.

Guest VAL FILPPULA
It's fitting you posted this b/c I believe that the key to Datsyuk's frustration and slump is Filppula. When we get him back we now have a legit 2nd line center. With that, we can put ZDH back together and hopefully create some offense.

On a sidenote, does anyone think that this offense funk is due to our defenseman? It seems as though guys like Zetterberg and Datsyuk thrived when we had puck moving D-men who did tape to tape passes. It seems as though are players are skating in mud and I think the lack of crisp passes from the D-men are slowing are forwards down leading to frustration.

Obviously a lot can be credited to injuries. As for the d-men, Kronwall going down killed us as it seemed he was the only who could put the puck in haha. But what do you expect when you gave two players like Lebda and Meech.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Tomas Holmstrom is killing Pavel Datsyuk. GET 96 OFF OF 13's LINE NOW, BABCOCK.

It's not just holmstrom, it's the other guy as well. Datsyuk is stuck on a line with two big bodies and it's not working. Datsyuk needs a shooter to make something happen, but neither of his wingers are giving that to him. Z and Cleary once worked well together, is it a bad idea to put cleary and datsyuk together?

Maybe...

21-40-44

11-13-96

33-43-17

24-8-18 (who's the centre?)

Sorry for any mistakes with positions.

I definitely agree with a Leino/Datsyuk line. Leino is in the process of finding his game and I think that he will have a style similar to him. Plus maybe with the right person setting him up we will see some points from Leino this season. Him and Pav played well last year together for those few regular season games so we need to try it again.

When I first saw this thread I was like "nah, that's just how Dats looks", but after replaying the finals intro vid (

) I realized just how much he really has changed emotionally this year. I know the whole team is upset from these losses, espcially Dats, but I think the key difference between the way they played last year and the way they are playing now is that most of them seem to be out there trying win but without the drive they once had. By "drive" I mean that they are playing like they have nothing to lose and nothing to gain. They score a goal "yeah!" but not "YAAAH!1!!11!". The wings seem to be playing like stanley cup defenders; the way I expected them to play during the regular season last year. They should be playing like blood thirsty animals seeking revenge on the people who struck them down last year (Crosbitch and Malkin) and who are trying to keep them them down (Bettman). But they're not...which is concerning.

However! The year is still young. Just wait until January everyone ;)

Datsyuk just seems pretty disinterested right now. I mean even when he scored the other night, he didn't celebrate or anything. He was just like "eh" and then they all went back to the bench. I don't know what's going on with him but he doesn't look like he's having any fun whatsoever like he used to.

They haven't been dominating the past 8 games. And they've been the first PP.

I don't see the problem everyone has with Homer. We all know his weakenesses, but he's doing what he's always done. But with Bertuzzi doing absolutely nothing, the puck is having a harder time getting to Homer, so there's not much he can do.

I agree about Datsyuk's attitude, though, I don't get it.

I don't see the problem everyone has with Homer. We all know his weakenesses, but he's doing what he's always done. But with Bertuzzi doing absolutely nothing, the puck is having a harder time getting to Homer, so there's not much he can do.

I agree about Datsyuk's attitude, though, I don't get it.

Holmstrom isn't scoring. Bertuzzi is getting it to the net plenty of times and Homer is not producing.

It's not just holmstrom, it's the other guy as well. Datsyuk is stuck on a line with two big bodies and it's not working. Datsyuk needs a shooter to make something happen, but neither of his wingers are giving that to him. Z and Cleary once worked well together, is it a bad idea to put cleary and datsyuk together?

Maybe...

21-40-44

11-13-96

33-43-17

24-8-18 (who's the centre?)

Sorry for any mistakes with positions.

I agree that Dats is on the wrong line. I am sure he is frustrated as hell with not scoring, as is the team, coach, fans ect BUT that doesnt excuse his defensive play. To me, Dats and Z and the 2 most complete players in the game and he has looked awful on both sides of the ice. This isnt a "Pavel bash" thread but honestly, uncharacterist turnovers, a dismal backcheck, blatent giveaways as of late and absolutely no fire to takeaway the puck from someone who just took his from him. He doesnt look hungry or willing.

Last night on the second goal when he tried to dipsy in front of Ozzy and ended up pretty much causing the goal, I thought "who is THAT???" only to see #13.

If his play was coming from anyone else, there would be a ton of hater threads but most ppl are reluctant to call out Dats. Even if he is not scoring, or putting the puck in the net, he HAS TO BE BETTER in the neutral and defensive zones.

I don't see how this is homer's fault... Datsyuk needs a shooter, so homer can do his thing in front of the net. Unfortunately, bert has been struggling...

Bertuzzi is 2nd on the team in shots. Holmstrom isn't finishing.

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom is the first PP how is that Bertuzzi's fault?

Bertuzzi is 2nd on the team in shots.

Arguably more detrimental than beneficial when the majority of such are right into the chest (and even more so considering all the uncounted ones wide or off the post). Bert's got a bad case of Sammy Syndrome, which is a shame, because he's seemed to be working hard all year.

Edited by Datsyerberger

Homer cant skate or puck handle, and Bertuzzi's confidence is at suicidal levels. What do you expect? Babcock needs to put Datsyuk with Zetterberg and Cleary and mix and match 2-4 with whoever. Play that 1st line alot and hope for goals, all we can do right now.

Arguably more detrimental than beneficial when the majority of such are right into the chest (and even more so considering all the uncounted ones wide or off the post). Bert's got a bad case of Sammy Syndrome, which is a shame, because he's seemed to be working hard all year.

He is only 5th on the team in missed shots. Although I agree he isn't placing them the best, but I still think he is doing fine considering the circumstances. I feel his faults are being exaggerated too much because people are looking to blame an easy target for the Red Wing's struggles.