• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
VM1138

RBK Jersey Question

Rate this topic

All my jerseys have been CCM except for my Winter Classic.

I recently walked into a store to look at their jerseys for the first time in a long time and was really not happy with them. They were RBK, naturally, but they had a very spongy, soft, smooth fabric. It looked like the numbers were glued on and then sewn and the name was sewn onto a nameplate and really poorly glued on.

Please tell me these are some cheap version of the jerseys and not what is widely available? I was going to ask my fiancee for a Datsyuk jersey this year, but not if the jersey's are like this now. I assume there's some ridiculous 300 dollar authentic version out there, but with CCM there was always a good quality replica available for abotu 150. Do these mid-range jersey's exist for RBK?

Edited by VM1138

There are easy ways to get cheaper jerseys—especially the RBK.

SportsK has great deals, and when they customize jerseys, they actually sew everything on; I've gotten two jerseys thus far from them (with a third authentic Winter Classic jersey on their way to them right now to get customized), and I've never been unhappy with the numbers/name.

They have pretty low prices as well.

But yes, the $150 "Premier" jerseys are a bit of a ripoff, especially if you get the NHL.com or commercial customization.

I find that they're better than the CCM ones though, if you do your own customization. They just run smaller than their CCM brothers (I normally wear a large CCM but I wear an XL or XXL in the RBK).

Here's a size chart for the RBK jerseys.

Guest VAL FILPPULA
There are easy ways to get cheaper jerseys—especially the RBK.

SportsK has great deals, and when they customize jerseys, they actually sew everything on; I've gotten two jerseys thus far from them (with a third authentic Winter Classic jersey on their way to them right now to get customized), and I've never been unhappy with the numbers/name.

They have pretty low prices as well.

But yes, the $150 "Premier" jerseys are a bit of a ripoff, especially if you get the NHL.com or commercial customization.

I find that they're better than the CCM ones though, if you do your own customization. They just run smaller than their CCM brothers (I normally wear a large CCM but I wear an XL or XXL in the RBK).

Here's a size chart for the RBK jerseys.

Co-sign. Sportsk is a great place to get jerseys from.

Looking closely at the names/numbers on the jerseys from SportsK, they look slightly different from the actual jerseys. Does anyone else see this, or am I just crazy?

It sort of looks like the letters for the names are a bit narrower than they should be, or am I just crazy?

Edited by WMUCarGuy

Looking closely at the names/numbers on the jerseys from SportsK, they look slightly different from the actual jerseys. Does anyone else see this, or am I just crazy?

It sort of looks like the letters for the names are a bit narrower than they should be, or am I just crazy?

You're crazy. I compared my Helm custom from Sportsk with my Chelios and my wife's Cleary, and they're stitch for stitch the same.

I wonder if I could get Zetterberg without the "A" on the front because I have a sneaking suspicion he'll be wearing a "C" before long!

Has anyone replaced the A with a C on their Lidstrom jersey? Are the holes where the old letter was stitched in very visible?

I'm going to agree with the others and say that sportsk is the way to go as far as the best prices and products. Also, the new Premier jerseys are very cheaply made. If you're looking for a nice jersey spend the extra money and get an Edge, you won't be disappointed. I bought my husband an authentic Lidstrom jersey from sportsk last year and it's awesome.

I will repeat, don't waste your money on the RBK premier jerseys... they are nothing like the KOHO and CCM replicas from a few years ago. I still wonder why Reebok would put out such a low quality product such as the premier and still have a $150+ price tag for a personalized jersey.

Edited by tiff_luvs_homer

I'm going to agree with the others and say that sportsk is the way to go as far as the best prices and products. Also, the new Premier jerseys are very cheaply made. If you're looking for a nice jersey spend the extra money and get an Edge, you won't be disappointed. I bought my husband an authentic Lidstrom jersey from sportsk last year and it's awesome.

I will repeat, don't waste your money on the RBK premier jerseys... they are nothing like the KOHO and CCM replicas from a few years ago. I still wonder why Reebok would put out such a low quality product such as the premier and still have a $150+ price tag for a personalized jersey.

Anyone else agree with tiff?

I don't wanna be disappointed with my jersey!

Does the "fight strap" get in the way of things at all if you're just wearing the jersey as clothing and not using it for hockey?

Mildly uncomfortable if you're not used to it. Maybe uncomfortable is too strong. Maybe annoying. Or noticible.

Doesn't hurt to strap it on to something. Just in case you get in a fight.