• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

How is this team going to look going into the playoffs, healthy?

Rate this topic

Guest blueadams

I've edited the original post here in response to some of the responses. First, I realize that there's a slim chance of the entire team being healthy by the playoffs (it did happen last year?). Second, I've split up the lines into two categories: those with pav and hank split up, and those with them together.

...pav and hank split (more likely):

Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Cleary-Zetterberg-Williams

Leino-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Draper-Helm-Eaves

Abdelkader

Maltby

May

Miller

...in this scenario, i think that there are some general rules. #1) pav and homer will be together. #2) hank and clears will be together. #3) flip and leino together. #4) the 4th line will be helm centering draper and eaves/maltby/abby or may. placing mule, j-will and bert is the toughest thing to figure out. i like putting bert on the third line bc there is already a net presence on the first two with homer and clears. then i like putting mule on pav's line because he needs more help (homer) than hank (clears).

...pav and hank together (less likely):

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Filppula-Cleary

Bertuzzi-Helm-Williams

Draper-Abdelkader-Eaves

Leino

Maltby

May

Miller

...these lines are easier to figure out. i suppose that there 'could' be some mixing and matching to balance out the second and third lines, but i just don't see it happening. stinks to have leino out of the lineup, but with pav and hank together, you need a 4th center, and i don't see leino beating out the likes of bert or j-will on the third line, and i don't see him beting out draper or eaves on the fourth line.

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-Lilja

Kindl

Lebda

Meech

...its somewhat doubtful that lilja returns this season, but some people have been mentioning it as possible, so i included him. if he's not able to return, i would like to see kindl get some action before the playoffs. if ready, he could give us a big boost.

Osgood

Howard

Edited by blueadams

In the playoffs I'd definititely run ZD hopefully H or C we have enough depth down the center when healthy to play them together.

The second line should be very responsible defensively and have net presence, passer, and scorer. Very very good second line

The 3rd and 4th lines are pretty much equal both have a good mix of speed and pkers. Bertuzzi and Helm both create plenty of chances, Eaves can shoot, Bertuzzi has good net presence and can make some passes.

I don't see us having one set line-up once fully healthy, depending on the opponet May can step in for toughness, Miller for better speed and PK, Maltby for veteran experience and PK, and Leino for added offense(Hopefully he can start to play better, but if the playoffs started today and we had no injuries I doubt Babcock would play him right now). We have plenty of options.

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Franzen-Flippula-Cleary

Bertuzzi-Helm-Eaves

Draper-Abdelkader-Williams

Leino

May

Miller

Maltby

Defense is pretty much set now, hopefully Lilja is back but I'm not holding my breath. Janik has been very very solid in GR this year and I would trust him much more then Kindl. The only way I see Kindl going down is if Rafalski cannot play that's the only real role he could fit in right now on the Wing's.

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-Janik HOPEFULLY LILJA =P

Kindl

Lebda

Meech

And goaltending is set up per usual. Osgood-Howard Osgood is the playoff master.

Overall if we can get into the playoffs 90-100% healthy we can surely do a lot of damage no matter what seed we are. There is not going to be a team looking at the schedule and see they are versing the Red Wing's and feel safe. The experience and talent on this team is enough to win a playoff series, and anything can happen in that 24ish game stretch.

We have 4 months of INJURIES to go!!!!

Do you really think the injuries are just going to magically stop??????

You must be kidding..... waste of time to predict this..... cause it all depends on who gets injured and who can recover fully from their injuries.

Who could have predicted what is happening now???

bettman0130.jpg

EDIT: First, the Wings have to clinch a playoff spot.

But if everybody is healthy then this is what I would hope for.

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Cleary-Filppula-Franzen/Leino/Williams

Draper-Helm-Eaves

Bertuzzi-Abdelkader-Maltby/Miller/May

or

Cleary-Zetterberg-Leino/Williams

Helm-Filppula-Eaves

Bertuzzi-Draper-Abdelkader/Maltby/Miller/May

*The reason why Bert is on the 4th line is because with everybody healthy I just don't see him in the top-six and I really like how the third line has had three good skaters who have had an unquestionable (as in, more than a year) commitment to defense.

*Leino and Williams are on reserve for any unfortunate injuries to players within the top six while Abdelkader, Maltby, Miller and May are on reserve for injuries within the bottom six.

--Although, if Lilja is back in time then May and or Abdelkader might go to GR or Miller to waivers or whatever until the playoffs when the salary cap isn't restrictive.

As far as the back end goes, pretty much the usual:

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-Lilja

Lebda

Meech

Edited by titanium2

You're not going to see Dats and Z together on a line in the playoffs (with everyone healthy) unless we're desperate for a win. It breaks up too much of our depth both offensively and defensively to have them on one line.

You'll see something like this:

Leino-Zetterberg-Cleary

Bertuzzi-Filppula-Williams

Draper-Helm-Eaves (Maltby/May rotating at Draper/Eaves' spot)

Defense as usual, though I'd actually play Meech at this point over Lebda, with how he's played.

If Ozzie/Howard play how they are right now, I'd play Howard as #1, Ozzie as #2; we all know that Ozzie is a playoff beast though, so he'll be #1.

Edited by Theophany

One things for sure. Nomatter where we finish, no team is gonna wanna play a healthy DRW first round.

I'd gladly have the Flames play the healthy Wings in the first round, provided that the series is reffed properly.

I'd like to see:

Helm - Datsyuk - Cleary - Bertuzzi is not better than Helm and Helm is a lot more physical and faster

Franzen - Zetterberg - Holmstrom - The Swedish Line

Abdelkader - Filppula - Eaves - Average 3rd line

Maltby - Draper - May - experience, and May in just for kicks

Miller

Leino - he sucks

Bertuzzi - sucks too

Lidstrom - Ericsson

Kronwall - Stuart

Rafalski - Meech

Lebda - even worse than Leino

Osgood

Howard

I'd like to see:

Helm - Datsyuk - Cleary - Bertuzzi is not better than Helm and Helm is a lot more physical and faster

Franzen - Zetterberg - Holmstrom - The Swedish Line

Abdelkader - Filppula - Eaves - Average 3rd line

Maltby - Draper - May - experience, and May in just for kicks

Miller

Leino - he sucks

Bertuzzi - sucks too

Lidstrom - Ericsson

Kronwall - Stuart

Rafalski - Meech

Lebda - even worse than Leino

Osgood

Howard

No offense or anything but those might be the worst line combinations

No offense or anything but those might be the worst line combinations

Might be. But it might work too. Guess we'll never know. I'd hate to see Bertuzzi play with Dats, thats for sure.

Edited by Reds4Life

Given a healthy roster these would be the lines I'd like to see the team take into the playoffs:

1a: Leino-Zetterberg-Cleary

1b: Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

3: Bertuzzi-Filppula-Williams

4: Draper-Helm-Eaves (2nd Option: Maltby, 3rd Option: Miller or Abdelkader)

May

A top line that's been beyond solid before the past few games and a "2nd" unit that will easily put the puck in the back of the net and who's ice-time can be interchanged with the first unit as necessary. The third unit is extremely tough for almost any team to match up against, and the fourth line has been down-right great together.

Given a healthy roster these would be the lines I'd like to see the team take into the playoffs:

1a: Leino-Zetterberg-Cleary

1b: Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

3: Bertuzzi-Filppula-Williams

4: Draper-Helm-Eaves (2nd Option: Maltby, 3rd Option: Miller or Abdelkader)

May

A top line that's been beyond solid before the past few games and a "2nd" unit that will easily put the puck in the back of the net and who's ice-time can be interchanged with the first unit as necessary. The third unit is extremely tough for almost any team to match up against, and the fourth line has been down-right great together.

These are the lines I would have.

That's a pretty big "if" there.

Providing we get everyone back healthy, we'll have a pretty good team. However, Franzen will have been away from hockey for a while, so how long before he gets his full game back? Also, don't forget that injuries can always happen in the playoffs, as we found out last year.

In a perfect world, the Wings are maybe the best team in the league when healthy, but things haven't gone our way lately. Right now I just hope we can qualify for the playoffs and not have anymore injuries.

What's the point of posting if all you have to say is " if we even make it to the playoffs".... its not clever, and it is pretty negative... that wasn't the op's question, was it?

The line would be something like:

Clear-Zetterberg-Williams

Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmsotrom

Bertuzi-Filpula-Wiliams

Draper-Helm-Eaves

May

Abdelkader

Leino

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Krownwall-Stuart

Ericson-Lebda (hopefully not)

Janik

Kindl

We have 4 months of INJURIES to go!!!!

Do you really think the injuries are just going to magically stop??????

You must be kidding..... waste of time to predict this..... cause it all depends on who gets injured and who can recover fully from their injuries.

oh_noes.gif

Geez since when can we not theoretically talk about our team when fully healthy... Is there a rule on that or something? If you don't want to participate just don't post in the thread...

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Cleary-Filpulla-Franzen

Williams-Helm-Bertuzzi

Eaves-Draper-Abdelkader

Miller/May/Maltby

Lidstrom-Ericsson

Rafalski-Kronwall

Stuart-Lilja

Ozzie

I'd love to see those, espicially on defence, that's 3 fantastic pairings.

You mean "proper" like phantom interference and early whistles?

No I mean proper as in the Wings get called for all of their interference and the Flames don't get called on non-penalties when the refs do screw up.