• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

How is this team going to look going into the playoffs, healthy?

Rate this topic

Guest Lidstromboli

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Cleary-Filpulla-Franzen

Bertuzzi-Abdelkader-Williams

Draper-Helm-Eaves

Miller

Lidstrom-Ericsson

Rafalski-Kronwall

Stuart-Janik

Meech

While, as someone pointed out, it's likely that there will be other injuries along the way, it's highly unlikely that there will be as many injuries to important players as there are now.

In my mind, if Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Filppula, Kronwall and Franzen are all healthy we should be fine to do without any other given player for a short period of time.

I think it would be terrifying for a top team to have to play the Wings in the first round (as I really don't believe the Wings are going to be too high up in the standings at the end of the season due to these injuries).

Edited by Zetts

If there's a bright side to injuries, its the opportunites they create for others, and the depth that is developed as a result. It's going to be a rough path to the playoffs this season, but it's going to pay off. We could be looking very strong at that point. Especially with an addition at the deadline. I think it's foolish to write us off as stanley cup contenders...

Franzen-Zetterberg-Cleary

Bertuzzi-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Leino-Filppula-Williams

Draper-Helm-Maltby

Eaves

Abdelkader

May

Miller

...If we keep Hank and Pav split up once Flip and co get back, this is how I see the lines panning out. Eaves has been playing very well though. If Leino doesn't get on his horse once people start getting back, he could be the odd man out.

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-Kindl

Lebda

Meech

...I think that Kindl makes the Ericsson-like move to the big league club for the post-season. He might be able to give us a significant boost on the blue line. Babs hasn't seemed pleased with either Lebda or Meech thus far this season.

Osgood

Howard

Unless you are a fortune teller or can predict the future, nobody knows how healthy or banged up this team will be for the playoffs, nor any team for that matter. Not 5 weeks away, and certainly not 5 months away like we are at present.

While, as someone pointed out, it's likely that there will be other injuries along the way, it's highly unlikely that there will be as many injuries to important players as there are now.

In my mind, if Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Filppula, Kronwall and Franzen are all healthy we should be fine to do without any other given player for a short period of time.

I think it would be terrifying for a top team to have to play the Wings in the first round (as I really don't believe the Wings are going to be too high up in the standings at the end of the season due to these injuries).

I wonder how San Jose would feel playing us in the first round in a 1 vs. 8 matchup?

:P

Datsyuk - Yzerman - Zetterberg

Robitaille - Federov - Hull

Shanahan - Franzen - Holmstrom

Bertuzzi - Helm - Eaves

Lidstrom - Chelios

Shneider - Larionov

Bykov - Fischer

Legace - Osgood

;)