• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WMUCarGuy

Can't decide who to get on my Jersey!

Rate this topic

I'm planning on asking for a Jersey for Christmas and I cant decide who I want to get on it. I want someone that I'll get some use out of, so not someone who will retire soon, or who may be traded/sign with someone else. I'd kind of like to get someone a bit different though. Everyone has Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, etc.

I was thinking maybe Franzen or Cleary, or maybe Z since he'll be here forever, even though everyone has it.

Any thoughts?

If your debating between Franzen or Zetterberg and want to be a bit different Franzen is a less popular choice.

If you just cant make up your mind get both one at home and one away.

Dats, Z, and Franzen are all top end players and long term Red Wings, so you can't go wrong with any of those. I wouldn't be surprised if Cleary was a career Wing at this point, either. Homer, Lids, and Draper are all good picks too, but you won't get as much 'active longevity' out of your jersey in those cases. Rafalski buys you a handful of years.

If you want a d-man, I'd suggest that Kronwall is far and away your best choice.

I'm STILL trying to figure that out since Hudler left......haven't replaced it.....don't know if I will anytime soon either. Good luck on your choice......but of the two....I'd get Z's.....kinda what I was leaning towards........

I think I'm kind of debating between Franzen & Zetterberg at this point.

Can anyone swing me in 1 direction or the other?

they both will be staying for a while with the wings... Franzen jersey is definitely more original, but Hank is more future hall of fame... so do you want originality or a safer choice... that's what it comes down to

well zetterberg or franzen.. they are going to be around for awhile, but like you said everyone has zetterberg, which isn't a big deal because he has a long contract and will be a future captain, maybe.

i have filppula and ericsson but i didn't care how long they'd be around... lol. i go to the games and i'm the only one with their jerseys. plus i like them as players. :thumbup:

Edited by useyourillusion

I agree with all the posts so far . . . everyone has a Z jersey. I would say go with Franzen. He is still due to really break out, and I believe he will when he finally comes back and is here for a good length of time. If you do want to go with Z, maybe get a Winter Classic jersey to be a little different. I love how the number 40 looks on the back.

For myself, one day when I have some extra cash, I'm hoping to get Kronwall or Helm, although Abby isn't far behind either. :)

You want unique!! Go with Bret Lebda!! You'll be the only one with one!!

Back to reality! I would go with Z, Dats, Franzen, Ericcson, Kronwall, Abby or Helm

They'd be only the second person i was at a Kings game and a lady had a Winter Classic Lebda.

I'm planning on asking for a Jersey for Christmas and I cant decide who I want to get on it. I want someone that I'll get some use out of, so not someone who will retire soon, or who may be traded/sign with someone else. I'd kind of like to get someone a bit different though. Everyone has Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, etc.

I was thinking maybe Franzen or Cleary, or maybe Z since he'll be here forever, even though everyone has it.

Any thoughts?

I'd get a combination of player names just for goofiness and amusement like above, but that'd probably ruin the purpose of the jersey. :P

Edited by SouthernWingsFan