• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingzFan

Shocking news about Datsyuk..

Rate this topic

I was diagnosed with this yesterday, I asked how long I have and they said until posters on LGW stop giving kneejerk reactions to everything.

We'll go down together, brother! But if you start liking Filppula or Helm, too, I think I'll draw the line there! :P

The excuse last year for Zetterberg was his linemates. Now hes playing with better linemates and is producing. Same excuse cannot be used for Datsyuk?

Umm..Zetterberg playing with better linemates huh? Lenio has FIVE points and Cleary has 13. What an offensive dynamo this line is....comparitively, Dat's line has Bert with 10 and Homer with 14. Both guys on Dats line have 40 point seasons in their career....while Zetty is playing with a Rookie and a grinder so lets not point fingers about this line when Dats has more help

Umm..Zetterberg playing with better linemates huh? Lenio has FIVE points and Cleary has 13. What an offensive dynamo this line is....comparitively, Dat's line has Bert with 10 and Homer with 14. Both guys on Dats line have 40 point seasons in their career....while Zetty is playing with a Rookie and a grinder so lets not point fingers about this line when Dats has more help

Answer this honestly:

If you were on a playground picking teams as one of the captains, and you had those players you mentioned to choose from, you'd honestly pick Holmstrom over Cleary and Bertuzzi over Leino? HELL NO for me. Cleary is a machine. That guy is a great linemate for anyone. Fast, tough, corners, net, defense. He's a great player. Leino is soft right now, but he's got more upside than Bertuzzi and Holmstrom. I really think that Holmstrom playing so much 5 on 5 play is the cause of most of Datsyuk's, and the Red Wings for that matter, problems. Once they remove him from Pavel's line, Pavel will flourish again.

Answer this honestly:

If you were on a playground picking teams as one of the captains, and you had those players you mentioned to choose from, you'd honestly pick Holmstrom over Cleary and Bertuzzi over Leino? HELL NO for me. Cleary is a machine. That guy is a great linemate for anyone. Fast, tough, corners, net, defense. He's a great player. Leino is soft right now, but he's got more upside than Bertuzzi and Holmstrom. I really think that Holmstrom playing so much 5 on 5 play is the cause of most of Datsyuk's, and the Red Wings for that matter, problems. Once they remove him from Pavel's line, Pavel will flourish again.

Actually I was arguing a mute point from a troller who stated that Z has better players on his line and statistically thats incorrect. Its not about the playground brother!

zetterberg and datsyuk need to play together, its so obvious that holmstrom is just not good enough and bertuzzi just sucks, im sorry for the language but he is awful

It's weird because Holmstrom is 3rd overall in points on this team and tied for 1st in goals.

It's weird because Holmstrom is 3rd overall in points on this team and tied for 1st in goals.

Bi-product. I'd bank on YOU finishing with a fair amount of points if you got to play with Pavs and the first PP unit for the Red Wings, ACG.

Explain "hardcore" as you've used it here.

Haha, no it wasn't about being a wings fan. Someone made a comment about a member who may have some paranoia of an anti-Russian public. Then you pointed to Datsyuk's Mom as the culprit, which is kind of like playing a "Your Mom" joke. After you found out she's dead you then played a "Your Dad," in which Pav's father is also dead.

I know you were joking. It was just like one of those moments on TV that are comically full of fail which might be the defining trait of "Your Mom" jokes. "Your Mom." "Dude, she's dead." Some people would stop right there with a "Oh..." but then you followed it with, "Oh yeah? You're Dad." "...Also dead." Of course then the audience proceeds to judge this dude as a ****** bag.

Datsyuk is certainly playing below his potential.. i don't know how anyone can argue that. A lot of people have said that he's the best defensive foreward in the league and how hes playing at selke level... well i got news for all of you.. he's a plus 3 right now. Zach Parise is a plus 19 (not to mention he has 30 points). And yea, he does have s***ty linemates which definetly has not helped his play, but but its no excuse. All of our teams stars, with the exception of maybe zetterberg, have been playing like s*** this season and need to pick it up.

Edited by nc19

Guest micah
Haha, no it wasn't about being a wings fan. Someone made a comment about a member who may have some paranoia of an anti-Russian public. Then you pointed to Datsyuk's Mom as the culprit, which is kind of like playing a "Your Mom" joke. After you found out she's dead you then played a "Your Dad," in which Pav's father is also dead.

I know you were joking. It was just like one of those moments on TV that are comically full of fail which might be the defining trait of "Your Mom" jokes. "Your Mom." "Dude, she's dead." Some people would stop right there with a "Oh..." but then you followed it with, "Oh yeah? You're Dad." "...Also dead." Of course then the audience proceeds to judge this dude as a ****** bag.

Oh. I don't think I've ever wasted my time watching such a show. Sounds pretty awesome though.

datsyuk has had bad teammates, nicklas bergfors and travis zajac are mich better helpers for zach parise than holmstrom and bert are for pav; they r both young quick and talented, and most of all raw. bert is definitely overcooked

Agreed. Holmstrom and Bertuzzi couldn't open up space for Tinkerbell. They are the oldest, slowest, wastes of space on the Wings. They both have a bit of skill in them which makes them good on the PP and such, but as far as 5 on 5 play goes, Datsyuk would be better off with a couple spry kids. And guess what? We have them!!! Abdelkader and Helm.

Don't worry, Franzén will be back in time for playoffs and then Datysuk will start to produce again.

Now there is a worthy linemate for Dats. Dats needs linemates with a combination of hands, grit and speed. Cleary, Flip, Franzen...

As one who used to say Dats made anyone on his line better I take it all back now with Bert. You have to bring something to Dats's line.

I also agree with keeping the kids apart for now, but there is nothing like having them together. Too bad we don't have the bench to play with...

Don't look at me to take that one. I don't do sucker bets.

If he can get it going, he will hit the 600-point plateau by the end of the season.