• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
blankrap

Injury updates...

Rate this topic

Franzen:

Johan Franzen (knee) would like to start skating again by Christmas.

Franzen isn't expected to play until February after undergoing knee surgery on October 16th. "I wouldn't really call it skating, though," he said. "It'll be just slow strides. No turns. It's still sore, so I have to be careful." Franzen feels like he's ahead of schedule, but he won't know for sure until he undergoes more tests or X-Rays. We'll keep you posted.

Willams:

Jason Williams (leg) may be able to resume practices in three weeks.

He was fitted with a second cast on Monday and is making progress towards heeling from a broken right fibula he sustained on November 7th. "I can take a shower and not have to worry about putting a bag around it," Williams said. "My leg feels a lot better than it did. I go all of this week and all of next week in this cast and then get into a walking cast, and after that, start doing rehab and strengthening up the ankle and see how it feels." Keep him on your bench for the time being.

Source: Detroit Free Press

Flips:

Valtteri Filppula is scheduled to receive a shorter cast for his broken right wrist on Monday.

Filppula has been out of action since Oct. 29 with the injury, but is progressing towards his expected mid-December return. Stay tuned for updates.

Source: Detroit News

Flip is now in a 'soft cast' , as is Jason Williams:

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2009/11/st...orward_val.html

"The Detroit Free Press's Helene St. James reports that Valtteri Filppula has reached a milestone marker in his recovery from his broken wrist, signaling an on-time return date:

November 30, Detroit Free Press: Valtteri Filppula was fitted with a soft cast today, putting him just a touch closer to returning from the broken right wrist he suffered Oct. 29 at Edmonton.

“We’ll see how much longer I have to keep it on,†he said. “It’s tough to say – we just have to go a week at a time to see how it is healing, then get rid of the cast, and then see how it moves and everything. But now I can really skate better, so I’m looking forward to get a little more out there and skating a little longer. That’s going to help going back.

“I’ve been antsy the whole time. I can’t wait to get back playing.â€

Filppula should be back by the end of December."

It's going to be great to get Flip, Franzen and Kronwall back, but honestly, there is not one player in the current line-up tha I would replace with Jason Williams. The longer he's out the better this team is.

It's going to be great to get Flip, Franzen and Kronwall back, but honestly, there is not one player in the current line-up tha I would replace with Jason Williams. The longer he's out the better this team is.

I want to see Kindl, Ritola, and Tatar before Williams.

I want to see Kindl, Ritola, and Tatar before Williams.

Ok, we can go with Tatar. In reality J-Willy is not a bad player. He was doing just fine before he broke his leg. Im expecting him to pick it back up when he returns.

The return of Filp is going to be the biggest. We can move Z up to the top line with Dats, and put Bert down on the 3rd.

Could happen, but only until Franzen or Williams get back. Once one of them is back, Abdelkader is back in GR.