• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DetroitWhat

Kane,Toews and Keith re-signed

Rate this topic

I think its better than the bulls*** you guys spew about the cap and the Blackhawks. So, here, I'll step away and let you guys do what you do best and discuss KTK and the Blackhawks.

If by bulls*** you mean the facts you're pretending to ignore that Chicago will have to give away a large portion of its depth in order to facilitate these recent signings along with Hossa's massive contract, then yes.

No one's mentioned 20 cent yet?

Careful, you can't make fun of him because we don't know all of the circumstances(despite every bit of evidence including his apology confirming he did it) so you should stop.

;)

Edited by thedatsyukian

who can Chicago move to give them 4 million in cap space they need to not get hit by the tagging rule? No one will eat Huet or Campbell without taking atleast 90% of their cap hit back in return.

So who do they move?

If I understand the "tagging rule" correctly, the hawks only have to clear roughly 1.3 mil.

Hawks have about 16.8 mil in expiring contracts.

Reported that Kane, Toews and Kieth will make a combined 18.1 mil next season.

If the Hawks have anybody on their farm team with an expiring contract , I THINK they can recall them for a day and give themselves even more tagging room. So, It is a possibility no one will have to be moved this year.

Edited by Statts

If I understand the "tagging rule" correctly, the hawks only have to clear roughly 1.3 mil.

Hawks have about 16.8 mil in expiring contracts.

Reported that Kane, Toews and Kieth will make a combined 18.1 mil next season.

If the Hawks have anybody on their farm team with an expiring contract , I THINK they can recall them for a day and give themselves even more tagging room. So, It is a possibility no one will have to be moved this year.

I guess someone will have to explain it to me, cause i thought they had 13 million in tagging room, therefore they need to clear 5 million in contracts.

i think these long term deals are gonna hurt a lot of teams.

We just signed Franzen and Zetterberg to long term deals as well.

This just goes to show that they are going for all the marbles this year and this year only. Next year, the team will be very different (not unless they can pursuede Campbell to ski-dattle!)

Welcome to Detroit Andrew Ladd!

Not really. Truth be told, the Hawks are f*cking stacked and I hate it. I loathe Hawks fans (mostly bc two years ago they thought the United Center was where the Bulls played and nothing else), but it is hard to deny that they are as solid as any team in the league.

Patrick Sharp: $4.2 million (cap hit: $3.9 million)

Dave Bolland: $3.375 million

Kris Versteeg: $3.083 million

Dustin Byfuglien: $3.0 million

Tomas Kopecky: $1.2 million

Brian Campbell: $7.140 million

Brent Sopel: $2.0 million (cap hit: $2.33 million)

If they can find someone to take Campbell (which they probably won't) it will be him and another guy in bold gone. If Campbell stays 3 of the guys in bold will be gone.

Most likely out of Bolland, Sharp, Versteeg, Sopel, Byfuglien 2-3 will be gone, but with Which is not really the biggest problem when you have Hossa, Kane, Toews, Keith, Barker, Seabrook and any 2 of those 5 you have a great core. You then fill the openings with the Bertuzzi's and Eave's of the league as well as bring up some of the guys you have been grooming in the AHL much like we did with Abdelkater, Leino, etc.

We can try our hardest to play down what they are putting together, but the fact of the matter is that they are going to be good - real good from now through the foreseeable future.

So weird too - I mean 2 years ago I would have laughed if someone told me the Hawks would become a powerhouse - I knew Toews Kane and co. would mature some and they would be better, but never would I have imagined them becoming a powerhouse.

They got a 7 million a year player in Hossa for 5.2, two of the best offensive forwards in the West (and the league for that matter) in Kane and Toews, and a sick good blue-line with Seabrook and Keith.

Nothing short term about the Hawks fellas. It kills me to say it, but it really is impossible to deny.

I guess someone will have to explain it to me, cause i thought they had 13 million in tagging room, therefore they need to clear 5 million in contracts.

My understanding is the hawks cannot commit more salary next season than they could loose at the end of this season due to free agency. According to nhlnumbers.com its roughly 16.8 mil.

The reported 18.1 mil cap hit for the three would put them 1.3 over.

We just signed Franzen and Zetterberg to long term deals as well.

Not really. Truth be told, the Hawks are f*cking stacked and I hate it. I loathe Hawks fans (mostly bc two years ago they thought the United Center was where the Bulls played and nothing else), but it is hard to deny that they are as solid as any team in the league.

Patrick Sharp: $4.2 million (cap hit: $3.9 million)

Dave Bolland: $3.375 million

Kris Versteeg: $3.083 million

Dustin Byfuglien: $3.0 million

Tomas Kopecky: $1.2 million

Brian Campbell: $7.140 million

Brent Sopel: $2.0 million (cap hit: $2.33 million)

If they can find someone to take Campbell (which they probably won't) it will be him and another guy in bold gone. If Campbell stays 3 of the guys in bold will be gone.

Most likely out of Bolland, Sharp, Versteeg, Sopel, Byfuglien 2-3 will be gone, but with Which is not really the biggest problem when you have Hossa, Kane, Toews, Keith, Barker, Seabrook and any 2 of those 5 you have a great core. You then fill the openings with the Bertuzzi's and Eave's of the league as well as bring up some of the guys you have been grooming in the AHL much like we did with Abdelkater, Leino, etc.

We can try our hardest to play down what they are putting together, but the fact of the matter is that they are going to be good - real good from now through the foreseeable future.

So weird too - I mean 2 years ago I would have laughed if someone told me the Hawks would become a powerhouse - I knew Toews Kane and co. would mature some and they would be better, but never would I have imagined them becoming a powerhouse.

They got a 7 million a year player in Hossa for 5.2, two of the best offensive forwards in the West (and the league for that matter) in Kane and Toews, and a sick good blue-line with Seabrook and Keith.

Nothing short term about the Hawks fellas. It kills me to say it, but it really is impossible to deny.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Why is it that any time some team whose fans think the Wings are rivals with does something right, they all flock to our forums like children showing their parents their first macaroni portrait?

"Yes, that's very nice, Hawks' fans. Now go run along and play."

Question about the cap fluctuation. Does anybody know what the cap will be next year? Or is that information we won't know until it happens? I read from a Hawks fan that the cap will go up to $61 mil, which would makes sense for their signings, but everywhere else I look reports are saying the cap could drop by $1 mil or more.

Why is it that any time some team whose fans think the Wings are rivals with does something right, they all flock to our forums like children showing their parents their first macaroni portrait?

"Yes, that's very nice, Hawks' fans. Now go run along and play."

You're one of the those wings fans who thinks the Hawks aren't your rivals huh? :rolleyes:

The wings are not getting Hjalmarsson lmao.

All the Hawks have to do is move Sopel and and maybe Versteeg and Barker...and tehy are fine. They wont even have to move that much if someone bites at Campbell. Everyone thinks its the end of the world. People will want Versteeg and Barker...Theres 6 million right there and they are not that important...good, but expendable. Get a clue

You're one of the those wings fans who thinks the Hawks aren't your rivals huh? :rolleyes:

Since we Michiganders consider Ohio teams in any sport our biggest rivals, a certain city isn't jealous with the uprise of Columbus now, are they? :P

Since you do seem to chant that we suck even when you don't play us.

Edited by dropkickshanahans

The wings are not getting Hjalmarsson lmao.

All the Hawks have to do is move Sopel and and maybe Versteeg and Barker...and tehy are fine. They wont even have to move that much if someone bites at Campbell. Everyone thinks its the end of the world. People will want Versteeg and Barker...Theres 6 million right there and they are not that important...good, but expendable. Get a clue

Versteeg is on my last nerves. He had a beauty last night but he is a puck hog and honestly we don't NEED him. Babcock has already said he loves Versteeg, so why don't you guys take him.

Since we Michiganders consider Ohio teams in any sport our biggest rivals, a certain city isn't jealous with the uprise of Columbus now, are they? :P

Since you do seem to chant that we suck even when you don't play us.

Why would we be jealous of Columbus? They are soooo decent, at best. I really hope you're not trying to say the BLUE JACKETS are bigger rivals than the Hawks. If anyone is jealous of them it would be you considering they are ahead of you and have played better hockey thus far, though they are not as unfortunate injury wise as the wings.

I've honestly never witnessed or heared of Hawk fans chanting detroit sucks without you playing there minus a few occasions. One was last year against Philly and we were in the midst of a pretty good hot streak and we were playing the wings next. Also, a couple years back we chanted that but, again, it was when we were playing you in our next game. It's nothing more than Hawks fans looking forward to the next game.

Versteeg is on my last nerves. He had a beauty last night but he is a puck hog and honestly we don't NEED him. Babcock has already said he loves Versteeg, so why don't you guys take him.

Maybe what Babcock really meant was he loves Versteeg because Wings' plays against him and get gives us a better chance to win. Was Seabrook another one who helped us win by causing turnovers every time he was on the ice? Or was that Barker? I can't remember.

Maybe what Babcock really meant was he loves Versteeg because Wings' plays against him and get gives us a better chance to win. Was Seabrook another one who helped us win by causing turnovers every time he was on the ice? Or was that Barker? I can't remember.

Campbell actually. Pretty sure Seabrook played real well in the playoffs.

Why would we be jealous of Columbus? They are soooo decent, at best. I really hope you're not trying to say the BLUE JACKETS are bigger rivals than the Hawks. If anyone is jealous of them it would be you considering they are ahead of you and have played better hockey thus far, though they are not as unfortunate injury wise as the wings.

I've honestly never witnessed or heared of Hawk fans chanting detroit sucks without you playing there minus a few occasions. One was last year against Philly and we were in the midst of a pretty good hot streak and we were playing the wings next. Also, a couple years back we chanted that but, again, it was when we were playing you in our next game. It's nothing more than Hawks fans looking forward to the next game.

The profoundness of the stupidity in this post amazes me. You represent the Hawks and their fans sooo accurately. Young and stupid.

Guest Crymson
Rafa ....cough ..... cough .... cough ..... lski

Five years is not a long-term deal these days, smart guy.

The profoundness of the stupidity in this post amazes me. You represent the Hawks and their fans sooo accurately. Young and stupid.

The vagueness of this post annoys me.

edit: If you are implying that Columbus-detroit is anywhere near Chicago-detroit, then how intelligent is that?

Edited by FIBS

No, I was joking that they could be bigger rivals than you since we're all you had for rivals and they're becoming much better as of recent to contend in the division and possibly spark something with us, and joking that you guys are trying to get our attention by saying we suck even when you play other teams. Basically saying "Hey! Don't forget about us!" I remember someone posting an article awhile back that Chicago fans did that chant for some reason.

Edited by dropkickshanahans