• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rwfan007

2009-2010 MLB Off-season Thread

Rate this topic

The writing was on the wall with Polanco. Still very productive, but the Tigers gave out bad contracts to aging players like Guillen and Ordonez and that blew up in their face. I'm surprised Polanco went back to the Phils though to play third base now. I'll definitely miss not having Polanco around -- he was the most clutch hitter the Tigers had.

That being said, Scott Sizemore is the real deal and needs to be in the big leagues sooner rather than later. It's a good financial move for the Tigers presently and for the future as well because Sizemore is going to be a very nice player.

Losing their "way more than decent" pitcher will hurt, but the return will be nice.

My post was referring to every one else on there staff not Halladay.haha. I don't think you can win getting good pitching once a week though, especially with no offence.

Tigers are looking at Bobby Crosby...I can only be down with that if they put Bobby on his uniform like he is Ichiro...

I can't root for anyone with Crosby anywhere on their uniform

Ugh ... I sure hope not. Bobby Crosby has been downright terrible (and always hurt) since his rookie season.

I would rather have Everett back, or just start Santiago instead.

I keep hearing rumors that Jackson, Granderson, Laird, and Cabrera are on the block. How can you even consider trading the first two, your two African American star players in a predominantly African American city? Especially Granderson--he ought to be the face of the franchise, not on the trade block. That's quite a testament to the terrible contracts that Dombrowski has saddled the team with. I can't believe the Tigers might part with those two and have to keep Maggs, Guillen, and Willis.

Glad to see Everett is coming back.

It appears Jackson is very close to being moved. Yes! I can't wait to see some combination of Robertson/Galarraga/Bonderman/Willis at 3-4-5 in the starting rotation. :rolleyes:

Hopefully Lyon accepts arbitration and Rodney goes to the White Sox.

detroit sports talk radio was talking yesterday about the Yanks might get Jackson AND Granderson from us. If that does happen this offseason, it would take a lot for me to care about this upcoming season. If they dont care, why should I.

Also can Roy Halladay please be moved. I got him as a keeper in my fantasy baseball league. Could use 20 wins from him next season.

I don't mind if we trade Jackson but Granderson is not the kind of guy you trade for prospects. He might strike out a bit much but I hope he's a Tiger for life.

D.D. should look at what happened to the Pistons when they traded Billups. Trading Granderson is going to do the same thing. Sometimes it's not all about the stats. You gotta look at what he does for the city, and how he's a team 1st type of player.

here is the latest rumor

Curtis Granderson to Yankees

Edwin Jackson, Ian Kennedy to Dbacks

Max Scherzer, Dan Schlereth, Austin Jackson, Phil Coke to Tigers

Looks like this deal is gonna go down today. Granderson is no longer gonna be a tiger by the end of today. :(

Edited by timothy1997

I really really don't like this trade. Wow. Austin Jackson better end up winning like 10 gold gloves... Good thing we still have Nate Robertson and Dontrell Willis and the insane contracts they are locked into to cheer the team on from the bench! Good grief.

f*** you Dave Dombrowski. This trade breaks my heart.

It makes it hard to root for a team that jerks around its fans like this. Granderson was an ambassador for the league, not just a face of the team. This after screwing over Inge, dealing Jurrjens after a phenomenal start to his career, and trading Maybin and Miller after promising them to us for years as the future of the team. You think this move makes it easier to sign Verlander? We've become a friggin' farm club for the Yankees. Verlander will probably sign there too now.

Edited by Third Man In

Dombrowski. is a ******! The Tigers just fell off the ladder. The team is now just as bad as the lions. pathetic and I don;t buy the excuse that money was the reason. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!

a complete disaster!

Im through with the tigers

Edited by tdinc

Dave Dombrowski = a much worse version of Joe Dumars without a championship.

I am so stunned and irate from losing Granderson right now. Did Dombrowski miss what trading the face of the franchise did to the Pistons?

I have no desire to watch the Tigers now except every fifth day when JV pitches.

Things To Look Forward To As A Tigers Fan In 2010:

1. Jeremy Bonderman's change-up (5th straight year on the list)

2. Dontrelle Willis fixing his control issues

3. Nate Robertson's improved jaw - this team isn't rallying to win games

4. Miguel Cabrera batting with nobody on base

5. Fernando Rodney not giving us a heart attack (save situations will be quite rare)

6. Great seats available at CoPa

7. Justin Verlander