• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

creedie

Going to Wings/Devils game

Rate this topic

I am heading to NYC this weekend and will go to the Devils game on Sat night - I have never been to a Devils game - any suggestions? How are the fans? I have heard horrible things about the NY fans - is this true of the NJ fans? How is the stadium? Thanks.

I too will be in attendance at both NYC area games on Saturday/Sunday. Their new arena (the prudential center) is a very cool place to watch a hockey game...as far as rocking a red wings jersey into the game, prepare to be harrassed a bit.

Have a couple adult soda's before hand and everything will work out fine!

make that 3!! Wings fan in NY. I'll be at both games as well. Goin with a friend of mine who's a Rags fan. where are you guys sitting? We're in 214 for the Debbies and 406 for the Rags. As far the fans they're pretty good at the Rock unless its Rags/Devils game it can get pretty rowdy.

I'll be at the Devils game for sure (look for the only guy wearing a Lilja jersey :P). My experience with Devils fans is this - some really knowledgable fans, some hockey ignorant people who just go to be seen at a game (I got into an argument a number of years back with someone who insisted that the Devils had more Stanley Cups than the Wings, as an example). Might be at the Rags game, not sure yet.

R.I.P.

Seriously, though. Be more Hudler than May, and you'll be just fine. The Devils owned us, and they will let you know that. They are the only team even close to the Winged Wheel Dynasty, so good luck not getting stomped on after the game by 5 dudes.

I'll be at both games. Anybody wanna hook up beforehand?

Living out here for a year has taught me a couple things---Devils fans can be a little more white-trashy than Rags fans. I'm not saying all. I've met some nice Devils fans but they would be the ones to say "Hey get that Wings Sh*t out of here this is OUR house a**hole" if you get the wrong bunch of them together. Rangers fans can be annoying but they DO respect the Original Six brotherhood.

There is a huge area outside of the Prudential Center by where you can either enter or go to will call to pick up tickets and a blocked in area with beer and bands and little moon bouncy blow up things for kids, we could meet there if we wanted to.

Devils game Section 17, Row 2

Rags game Secton 415 Row B

I'll be in a Zetterberg sweater, red, with a 2008 Stanley Cup champions hat......Big Guy, red hair, amber sunglasses, that's me:

3966941231_5b16f72a09_o.jpg

I'll be at both games. Anybody wanna hook up beforehand?

Living out here for a year has taught me a couple things---Devils fans can be a little more white-trashy than Rags fans. I'm not saying all. I've met some nice Devils fans but they would be the ones to say "Hey get that Wings Sh*t out of here this is OUR house a**hole" if you get the wrong bunch of them together. Rangers fans can be annoying but they DO respect the Original Six brotherhood.

There is a huge area outside of the Prudential Center by where you can either enter or go to will call to pick up tickets and a blocked in area with beer and bands and little moon bouncy blow up things for kids, we could meet there if we wanted to.

Devils game Section 17, Row 2

Rags game Secton 415 Row B

I'll be in a Zetterberg sweater, red, with a 2008 Stanley Cup champions hat......Big Guy, red hair, amber sunglasses, that's me:

3966941231_5b16f72a09_o.jpg

I'll be there too. Section 17 too - row 11. i'm a big guy too probably be in my black Shanny practice jersey - seems appropriate enough. I may have an extra ticket as well. Lemme know if anyone needs one. Looks like you live just a few blocks away from me as well - i'm around Columbus/Marin. The beergarden is an option beforehand. You taking the PATH?

anyone want to trade an extra devs ticket for a rags?

Edited by kook_10

I'll be there too. Section 17 too - row 11. i'm a big guy too probably be in my black Shanny practice jersey - seems appropriate enough. I may have an extra ticket as well. Lemme know if anyone needs one. Looks like you live just a few blocks away from me as well - i'm around Columbus/Marin. The beergarden is an option beforehand. You taking the PATH?

anyone want to trade an extra devs ticket for a rags?

Ha! Hi neighbor, I'm on Bay near Provost but the next main street up is Marin! Yep, Taking the old Grove Street PATH out to Newark. Then the next night the PATH to 33rd for the game at MSG!

Ha! Hi neighbor, I'm on Bay near Provost but the next main street up is Marin! Yep, Taking the old Grove Street PATH out to Newark. Then the next night the PATH to 33rd for the game at MSG!

cool - i'm actually on steuben st in morgan lofts but few people know where that is, so you're like a block away. maybe we will have to hit up o'hara's for a game sometime. if you see this happy smiling face walking his baby girl and/or dogs around the neighborhood or at the game say hi!

cool - i'm actually on steuben st in morgan lofts but few people know where that is, so you're like a block away. maybe we will have to hit up o'hara's for a game sometime. if you see this happy smiling face walking his baby girl and/or dogs around the neighborhood or at the game say hi!

Sure will my friend, I'm at 140 Bay, the old Leo Cooke Warehouse turned into lofts, I see no reason we can't head out together and even catch a few games this year! Name's Mark by the way. We'll talk more later about when we wanna head out. I'm bringing my wonderful hockey fan wife with her Lidstrom hat.

I will say this about the Prudential Center, for a stadium they have great facilities and great food choices.

When I don't wanna cause a ruckus and flaunt the Wings colors to MSG or the Prudential Center I go with my official Reg Dunlop Chiefs sweater which gives you a pass in whatever rink in the US or Canada you find yourself in. Here's me at Game 1 of the Devils vs Carolina playoff series last year, gacked by Brodeur in game 7 which I also went to. Talk about shell shocked and quiet crowd leaving a venue...

A Chiefs sweater can make you anybody's pal I find.

4156994732_e2dbf0d981.jpg

R.I.P.

Seriously, though. Be more Hudler than May, and you'll be just fine. The Devils owned us, and they will let you know that. They are the only team even close to the Winged Wheel Dynasty, so good luck not getting stomped on after the game by 5 dudes.

And that's a pretty far dropoff too!! :D

As far the fans they're pretty good at the Rock unless its Rags/Devils game it can get pretty rowdy.

My experience with Devils fans is this - some really knowledgable fans, some hockey ignorant people who just go to be seen at a game (I got into an argument a number of years back with someone who insisted that the Devils had more Stanley Cups than the Wings, as an example).

Agree wih both of these.

I'll be in section 6 row 14 I think. I don't know what jersey I'm going to be wearing yet. Red Z, Black Sawchuk, white blank, or my white Yzerman.

For autograph seekers, you go counterclockwise around the building to get to the visitors exit. I'm hoping the weather holds out since I'm coming up from Fort Dix.

I'll be at both, with my wife in tow.

Devils game I am section 108. row 2. I'm dusting off the Shanny Jersey for this one.

Rangers, section 401, row C, seats 1-2. May rock Shanny Again, That or Lidstrom.

I went to College in Newark, NJ at Rutgers. I know a few decent bars.

There's a few in the Ironbound which is super close to the arena, or the Irish Pubs, McGoverns (on New street) and Hamiltons (on Central) which are near military park/university heights that a few more blocks away.

The Rock is a great arena, I go to more than a few games there a year, just get my fix of hockey.

PS they are commemorating the 95 championship with a whole dedication ceremony in a new wing of the arena at 6. Not surprisingly they will be doing this for the Dallas and Anaheim games as well.

PS they are commemorating the 95 championship with a whole dedication ceremony in a new wing of the arena at 6. Not surprisingly they will be doing this for the Dallas and Anaheim games as well.

11 is still > 3

I'm in a tight one here boys...(and ladies who are viewing) My buddy used to work for the Devils (got laid off) but is still using his contacts to help get me tickets. Problem being, they are devils employee tickets so it's considered bad form to be as belligerently dressed in wings gear as I plan to be.

I'm with you Jersey Wing, I will probably rock a Blue Chiefs #17 Hanson jersey. I do not know my seats for tomorrow, but Sunday I am in 316 at the garden. I will inevitably be pregaming at an establishment close to the arena before each games.

Look forward to seeing a big turnout from LGW'ers as well as Hockeytown Nation!

I'm in a tight one here boys...(and ladies who are viewing) My buddy used to work for the Devils (got laid off) but is still using his contacts to help get me tickets. Problem being, they are devils employee tickets so it's considered bad form to be as belligerently dressed in wings gear as I plan to be.

I'm with you Jersey Wing, I will probably rock a Blue Chiefs #17 Hanson jersey. I do not know my seats for tomorrow, but Sunday I am in 316 at the garden. I will inevitably be pregaming at an establishment close to the arena before each games.

Look forward to seeing a big turnout from LGW'ers as well as Hockeytown Nation!

My 2nd ticket is still available. I would normally bring my wife, but we have never had a babysitter for our 5 month old. I'm still putting out offers to friends, but have had a tough time finding a taker. Seats are Sec 17 Row 11. Lemme know soon if you're interested.

I am heading to NYC this weekend and will go to the Devils game on Sat night - I have never been to a Devils game - any suggestions? How are the fans? I have heard horrible things about the NY fans - is this true of the NJ fans? How is the stadium? Thanks.

I am going too... The new Prudential Arena is really nice. Overall Newark is not the nicest area at night, but around the arena its fine. New York fans can be rowdy during playoffs, but I have been to multiple games in my Wings jersey. typically there is just friendly trash talking nothing bad, people are friendly.

I went there for a Devils-Rangers game a year ago and it was intense, even more so because it was an 8-5 game with several fights. Definitely one of the most entertaining games I've ever seen. Devils took a 5-1 lead only to lose it in the 2nd but bounced back to win it. I was pretty much the only person in the building wearing a Wings jersey but apart from a few "F*ck Detroit" etc. jeers it wasn't too bad at all (and those few were all in good fun too). One guy walked past me and said "hell of a player" (I have a Zetterberg jersey). Then there was this couple, originally from Detroit, coming up to me and trading a few words. Good times.

Have fun at the game, the arena is great too. :thumbup:

just got home from the game... well devils fans would chant you suck afte devs would score each goal...

shame wings couldn't take it in OT...

Thought it was pretty lame how they had to follow each Wings starting lineup player's name with "SUCKS!". I don't give a s*** if they do that to the Rags, but come on...

BTW, someone from here was definitely on the Newark Light Rail heading to Newark Broad Street for the 10:30 train, because I caught a glimpse of a Datsyuk dangle shirt under a coat. Also wearing a Tigers hat. Anyone?

Lots of great Wings fans at the Rock. Even had a convo with someone regarding Lilja when he saw my Lils jersey. :P

Edited by edicius

Thought it was pretty lame how they had to follow each Wings starting lineup player's name with "SUCKS!". I don't give a s*** if they do that to the Rags, but come on...

BTW, someone from here was definitely on the Newark Light Rail heading to Newark Broad Street for the 10:30 train, because I caught a glimpse of a Datsyuk dangle shirt under a coat. Also wearing a Tigers hat. Anyone?

Lots of great Wings fans at the Rock. Even had a convo with someone regarding Lilja when he saw my Lils jersey. :P

yea that was odd, usually they attack rags or isles... this was kind of unusual... Since they moved to Newark they got "classier" the fans that is:)

"Classier" indeed. It was like the Island of Dr. Moreau. So many jersey fouls - I wish I had brought a real camera. I tried in vain to take pictures with my phone of a guy wearing a devils jersey #66 URTEAMSUX or of "Johnny Goomba"

Edited by kook_10

"Classier" indeed. It was like the Island of Dr. Moreau. So many jersey fouls - I wish I had brought a real camera. I tried in vain to take pictures with my phone of a guy wearing a devils jersey #66 URTEAMSUX or of "Johnny Goomba"

Yeah, there were an inordinate amount of jersey fouls there. Such as this one that I snapped behind the Wings bench:

post-6183-1260117144_thumb.jpg

I mean...just...WHY?!

I was actually kind of disappointed by the crowd too. People around the league complain about the Wings not being able to fill up THEIR building...what about the Rock? The lower bowl was EMPTY, despite the game being listed as a sellout (cheap seats were pretty much full at least). Plus there just seemed to be so many people just ignorant of hockey. I heard "3rd quarter" bandied about more than once. Overheard this lovely gem: "Osgood's still playing for them? He's gotta be, what, in his mid-40s now?!" A great deal of them around me didn't even know their own players, much less the ones that were honored before the game (except Daneyko, of course). Just frustrating. And my brother-in-law, fairweather Devils fan that he is, even seemed to cheer Eaves' apparent injury (at the time) via Facebook. Classy, indeed. No one gave me s*** at least, so I'll give them that.