• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Blood On The Ice

Broadcasting Vent

Rate this topic

Sorry, I need to vent a bit. I'm so very pissed off right now. I live near Toledo and my cable company is Time Warner. For years I have watched my Redwings on FND. Even the start of this year i watched them on FSD. Then all of a sudden, poof, they are gone. The cable company lists them playing on FSD. But when I go to watch the games, its alternative programming. So I contact my cable company. They said its a FSD issue. I contact FSD and the tell me its a NHL issue and the broadcast regulations. They are telling me i'm in the Bluejacket market and Wing games must be blacked out. I live about 70mins from the Joe and 2.5 hours from Columbus. Toledo has a Redwing ECHL affiliate team. And yet, they are telling me I am now in a CBJ market. SOB @%#$@^ am I F%$#&*g pissed right now. I can't scream loud enough. If its not one thing its another with the F%*%g NHL. I have express my opnions and thoughts with the NHL too, but i'm sure it will land on deaf ears. I love the Wings, hockey and the other 29 teams. But I hate the NHL.

Guest CaliWingsNut

See my sig.

I've been dealing with this crap for years between multiple states the last few years, and so have MANY others.

I have wished for some time that the NHL would do something (anything) about it to improve things... and nope.

Do you live in Bowling Green? I know they don't get the Wings games down there. It's a Time Warner thing. Buckeye Cable (which is most of the Toledo area) shows the Wings games and they do the same thing with the Blue Jackets games.

Yes.

This just goes to show that we need a crack for N3.

I miss the days of free EVERYTHING.

People should be able to watch hockey 7 days a week. That's one way to grow the Sport (looking at you Shanny).

Last night in my area the Edmonton/Detroit game was blacked out due to Edmonton's geographical proximity with Calgary, the Vancouver game was a PPV and the Calgary game was a PPV. If I was a fan of Western Canadian hockey teams, I wouldn't have been able to watch a single one for free on TV last night. Luckily, you have an alternative in www.atdhe.net and justin.tv (among others) for live streams.

Just thought I'd add my gripe.

Edited by Yellowknife Redwing

I live in toledo (off airport highway) and haven't had a wings game blacked out for over 3 years now. Your problem is being with time warner, i have buckeye cable and its the s***.

I actually live in Swanton. Anybody that I know that has Buckeye, does not have the problem. Waterville has a cable choice, buckeye or times warner. And I live what, 10 mins from waterville and now i'm getting blacked out.

You live in Ohio, Colmbus is in Ohio. Pretty sensible if you ask me.

Not really. Especially if you consider that states are very large areas and that some states of as many as three teams. It's just like how many people in the UP are Packers fans and not Lions fans, it's because they are much closer to Green Bay time-wise.

What bull. You get Fox Sports DETROIT! You live closest to Detroit! Yet they black it out. Thanks Bettman. What next? Blackout home markets that don't fill their arenas?

Shh.

Blackhawks did it a few years back.

Guest CaliWingsNut
Shh.

Blackhawks did it a few years back.

That was because of the owner of the team, not Bettman/NHL.