• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jake Ryan

Holmstrom

Rate this topic

This thread can be made for any individual player on the Wings team right now.

the only wings player i'd say that's been consistently good is zetterberg. even when he doesn't get points he still brings great play to the table.

problem with homer, if he doesn't chip in with more than 3 points in 10 games, he is rendered useless. he's a blob in front of the oppositions net, not much more than that. he isn't a particularly good skater or overly great defensively. he has his uses and at this time their not working...unfortunately. i can't wait for most of the old dogs on this team to hang em up.

Any thoughts on how we can get the rest of the team going? The injuries are wreaking havoc on this team. I know we still have some good players, but the losses affect lines and chemistry, not to mention bringing up the kids to play. The team is struggling, that's for sure. To bring up Homer, again, is singling out one player for no reason. Lots of guys aren't performing, and threads pop up all the time about them. There's one about Lids, one for Meech and Lebda, and if Dats doesn't start producing more points, he'll have one. This is a team. They win and lose as a team. Getting one guy going isn't going to fix anything, because if you fix him, the focus will move on to someone else.

This thread is useless, pointless, gutless and the issue doesn't need to be revisited.

the only wings player i'd say that's been consistently good is zetterberg. even when he doesn't get points he still brings great play to the table.

problem with homer, if he doesn't chip in with more than 3 points in 10 games, he is rendered useless. he's a blob in front of the oppositions net, not much more than that. he isn't a particularly good skater or overly great defensively. he has his uses and at this time their not working...unfortunately. i can't wait for most of the old dogs on this team to hang em up.

I know. There are a few contracts that are killing this team (Holmstrom, Rafalski, Lidstrom).

:blink:

You can say what you want, but I don't think Lidstrom is worth 7 mil plus today. 2 years ago, I thought he was worth whatever they wanted to pay him. His game has slowed down considerably over the last year. The Wings would be in a lot better shape right now if their top 2 defensemen were making what they were worth right now: Lidstrom = 4.5 mil, Rafalski = 3.5 mil.

You can say what you want, but I don't think Lidstrom is worth 7 mil plus today. 2 years ago, I thought he was worth whatever they wanted to pay him. His game has slowed down considerably over the last year. The Wings would be in a lot better shape right now if their top 2 defensemen were making what they were worth right now: Lidstrom = 4.5 mil, Rafalski = 3.5 mil.

Jesus tapdancing Christ.

So if Lidstrom isn't getting points, he's slow? Do you even watch the games?

Jesus tapdancing Christ.

So if Lidstrom isn't getting points, he's slow? Do you even watch the games?

Yah. I've been watching Lidstrom go pointless for quite a few games now. I have him on my fantasy team, and he's produced next to nothing this year. Am I saying he's going to do that on a permanent basis? Hell no. I'm just saying that for 7.5 mil, the Wings should be getting more. And that's just a comment on the FUTURE. Not the past. Lidstrom has been a treasure in years past. I'm not discounting anything he's done. I just want to see the Wings have more cap room, and that can't happen if you have a defense pairing taking up 13.5 million when they should only be taking up 8-9 million.

True. But Holmstrom got off to a great start. We need to have him playing at that level again.

Holmstrom always gets off to a great start. Every single year, he is on fire the first few games.

I would just like to point out that this is a Jake Ryan thread, about Holmstrom, and we have made it roughly 20 posts without any mention of "ninety-sux", "homer-hard-ons", or "holmstromeningitis" ... I am truly impressed.

Yah. I've been watching Lidstrom go pointless for quite a few games now. I have him on my fantasy team, and he's produced next to nothing this year. Am I saying he's going to do that on a permanent basis? Hell no. I'm just saying that for 7.5 mil, the Wings should be getting more. And that's just a comment on the FUTURE. Not the past. Lidstrom has been a treasure in years past. I'm not discounting anything he's done. I just want to see the Wings have more cap room, and that can't happen if you have a defense pairing taking up 13.5 million when they should only be taking up 8-9 million.

Hate to break it to ya, but contracts can't just be changed magically... as players near the end of their contracts (at least when they're 35+) they tend to appear to be worth less than their signed amount. I'll agree that lids would be better for a chepaer price, but I'm content with what defence he's played. In the NHL, the goals you don't allow are just as important as the ones you score. There's no fantasy league that i know of that takes into account the "prevented a good play" stat.

As for Holmstrom... his line hasn't been producing all that well, the powerplay has been close to dead, I'd say that's more than just Homers issue.

Hate to break it to ya, but contracts can't just be changed magically... as players near the end of their contracts (at least when they're 35+) they tend to appear to be worth less than their signed amount. I'll agree that lids would be better for a chepaer price, but I'm content with what defence he's played. In the NHL, the goals you don't allow are just as important as the ones you score. There's no fantasy league that i know of that takes into account the "prevented a good play" stat.

As for Holmstrom... his line hasn't been producing all that well, the powerplay has been close to dead, I'd say that's more than just Homers issue.

Lidstrom - 5 mil

Rafalski - 3.5 mil

Holmstrom - 1 mil

Those are their values TODAY.

Lidstrom - 5 mil

Rafalski - 3.5 mil

Holmstrom - 1 mil

Those are their values TODAY.

You tell those guys that that's what they should be making. Ask them if they want to renegotiate their contracts to free up some cap space, or even to make themselves feel better, and see what they have to say about it. Contracts are not signed retroactively. They sign them, then they play. That's the risk that any team takes, get over it. What a player is worth, and what they make, are rarely the same number.

You tell those guys that that's what they should be making. Ask them if they want to renegotiate their contracts to free up some cap space, or even to make themselves feel better, and see what they have to say about it. Contracts are not signed retroactively. They sign them, then they play. That's the risk that any team takes, get over it. What a player is worth, and what they make, are rarely the same number.

I understand this. FORTUNATELY (or unfortunately if Holland screws the pooch), Lidstrom and Holmstrom are at the END of their contracts. If Holland is wise, he'll sign Lidstrom to a 4 year, 4 million per deal and let Holmstrom retire or move on.

I understand this. FORTUNATELY (or unfortunately if Holland screws the pooch), Lidstrom and Holmstrom are at the END of their contracts. If Holland is wise, he'll sign Lidstrom to a 4 year, 4 million per deal and let Holmstrom retire or move on.

I'm not sure you understand a whole lot about this.

2 years, 4 million sounds better.