• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Evans_18

Canadians 100th anniversary celebration

Rate this topic

That building in polished up tonight. Absolutely beautiful.

Watching with my wife and she goes "I don't think I've ever seen the glass where it was so perfect, I can barely see it."

I had a big grin for Scotty Bowman. Awesome.

Even the Anthems with the brass from the MSO sounded amazing.

I hate Montreal (My mother is from Boston, making NY and Montreal evil) and I was still enjoying this.

Well done Montreal.

That building in polished up tonight. Absolutely beautiful.

It's like that all the time. Me and some friends take a trip up there every year, it is always immaculate. They definitely did that arena right.

If anyone is thinking of going, I highly suggest it. Montreal is my most favorite city that I have ever been to. Wish I went to school up there. :blush:

While I thought the ceremony dragged on for a bit, it was really good overall and showed the true history of hockey and that great franchise. I thought it was a little weird that they used that hare krishna song for the rememberence slideshow but... hey I'm not french-Canadian.

The game was a pretty good one as well, the habs played with a ton of energy and the crowd was really into it. Fun one to watch.

On a side note, I also enjoyed watching the hawks lose to Nashville.

Yea Its always great seeing a Wings jersey anywhere, especially something as big as this for another team. And from what I hear it was a great game, and what the scores says haha Montreal killed Thomas last night.

I scared my dog yelling at Wah and LePuke, but got teary-eyed seeing Gordie, especially when he held up the Pocket Rocket's sweater.

I missed the beginning of the broadcast, does anyone know if it's on the net somewhere? I checked YouTube, but couldn't find it. (At least, not yet.)

Thanks guys, and GO WINGS!

EMac

...Pocket Rocket's sweater.

I missed the beginning of the broadcast, does anyone know if it's on the net somewhere? I checked YouTube, but couldn't find it. (At least, not yet.)

1) Mr. Richard is spinning in his grave.

2) Check again; lot's of video is there.

A tremendous ceremony; I expected nothing less and my expectations were met on every level. The retiring of the numbers of Mr. Lach and Mr. Bouchard was also a nice touch. The final banner, in honour of the 100th Anniversary, has the names of each player in their history.

"1) Mr. Richard is spinning in his grave.

2) Check again; lot's of video is there."

Mr. Cusimano_Brothers

I said I couldn't find any "as of that time". And excuse me for using one of Mr. Richard's nicknames, I certainly didn't mean any offence by it.

Most of all, excuse me for asking fellow Red Wings fans for a bit of help (in finding the video). I can assure you it won't happen again, thanks to your rudeness.

And in case you were wondering, I've been a die hard Wings fan since 1958, my name is Elizabeth MacNaughton, and you, sir, can go piss up a rope.

You had the wrong Mr. Richard. And, thank you very much for the directions.