• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
moore00

Best Wings Blogs

Rate this topic

Anyone have any Wings blogs they hit on a daily basis? There are a few good ones out there, amazed at the writing talent on some of them. I'd say Abel to Yzerman is one of the best.

Any others you guys like?

Guest lilja4mvp
I'd say Abel to Yzerman is one of the best.

A2Y is one of the worst blogs out there. it's unfortunate that KK even picks that stupid s*** up.

George Mailk ..

blog.mlive.com/snapshots/

awesome updates .. anything redwings related .. gives a good honest opinion..

A2Y is alright ... to much babbling in allot oftheir blogs though

I'll throw out a couple other favorites:

http://snipedangle.blogspot.com/

http://babcocksdeathstare.com/

http://octopusthrower.com/

Finally, I'll throw out the one I'm somewhat affiliated with, a friend runs it, I'll throw a post in once a week maybe at best.

http://www.nightmareonhelmstreet.com/

Guest lilja4mvp
Why? Because he's passionate? Because he knows how to ruffle feathers?

because his headlines are stupid, his blogs are stupid, and he's just incredibly annoying in general.

not to mention all his mouth-breathing followers that will jump all over anyone criticizing him just because the toolbag was/is in the navy. not liking his blog makes you a terrorist, apparently.

because his headlines are stupid, his blogs are stupid, and he's just incredibly annoying in general.

not to mention all his mouth-breathing followers that will jump all over anyone criticizing him just because the toolbag was/is in the navy. not liking his blog makes you a terrorist, apparently.

Wow, I disagree, it is what got me into blogging, but fair enough. You have to realize everything has to be taken with a grain of salt there.

Guest lilja4mvp

taking something with a "grain of salt" has nothing to do with it. simply compare the headlines of his blog with the other's that KK picks up. it's total idiocy. some people like that s***, i guess. i don't follow blogs to see headlines like "HURHURHUR HITCHCOCK SURE IS FAT!". it's not even remotely clever, it's jut dumb.

as far as good blogs, bruce macleod's was my favorite before the macomb daily got cheap and stopped having him travel. his blog is pretty much dead now, which is a shame because it was fantastic last season.

taking something with a "grain of salt" has nothing to do with it. simply compare the headlines of his blog with the other's that KK picks up. it's total idiocy. some people like that s***, i guess. i don't follow blogs to see headlines like "HURHURHUR HITCHCOCK SURE IS FAT!". it's not even remotely clever, it's jut dumb.

as far as good blogs, bruce macleod's was my favorite before the macomb daily got cheap and stopped having him travel. his blog is pretty much dead now, which is a shame because it was fantastic last season.

For pure info, noone beat Macleod's...best beat writer in Detroit.

A2Y, well obviously it isn't for everyone, but I find it extremely creative. Fair enough. If anyone hasn't checked it out, do it.

You sure are on that site a lot for claiming to "not follow it".

And I find it funny that you think it's stupid and idiotic, and then you say that "not liking it makes you a terrorist." Please specify one time where that was even close to being insinuated. Honestly. Your comment alone is dumber than anything he has ever typed.

Guest lilja4mvp
You sure are on that site a lot for claiming to "not follow it".

And I find it funny that you think it's stupid and idiotic, and then you say that "not liking it makes you a terrorist." Please specify one time where that was even close to being insinuated. Honestly. Your comment alone is dumber than anything he has ever typed.

i do spend time on KK...i try to avoid A2Y whenever possible. the headlines alone are enough to scoff at.

and i'm not going to go to the trouble of finding specific posts, but yes, the clowns over there have called others 'unpatriotic' for not 'respecting' a CPO...to the point of suggesting physical violence.

guess my comment wasn't so dumb after all. i'll chalk it up to you being uninformed, sport.

Edited by lilja4mvp

Guest lilja4mvp
A2Y is quite possibly the single biggest reason that Red Wings fans are viewed as conspiracy theorists and elitist fans.

20i9cea.jpg

and i'm not going to go to the trouble of finding specific posts, but yes, the clowns over there have called others 'unpatriotic' for not 'respecting' a CPO...to the point of suggesting physical violence.

guess my comment wasn't so dumb after all. i'll chalk it up to you being uninformed, sport.

Man, sure got me there, Lilja -- by openly not specifying something. Boy do I feel sheepish.

Here, I'll jog your memory: remember the time you told him to go die in a car crash? No?

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:J_TbgH...an_elite_hitter

Clearly you have some deeper, unresolved issue here. Others threatening physical violence upon you = bad. You hoping for the death of somebody because of a blog = OK.

A2Y is quite possibly the single biggest reason that Red Wings fans are viewed as conspiracy theorists and elitist fans.

Because it is fun. And all in good fun, which makes it more fun when others think it is serious.

i’m a wings fan, and i find your blog and your writing to be borderline-retarded.

please die in a car fire.

Posted by Lilja4MVP on 09/09/09 at 03:44 PM ET

Wow...just wow. Found on the site russian posted.

Edited by moore00

Guest lilja4mvp

yes, a fiery auto accident would be ideal...but any untimely end would be acceptable.

for what it's worth, i never said i had an issue with people threatening me. i have an issue with them constantly bringing up the fact that this tool was in the navy, when it's irrelevant. my statemenet was correct - he's got a bunch of followers ready to defend his 'honor' at any opportunity. since you're apparently a master at google-fu, go ahead and find posts farter back than that which were much tamer and were still met with similar responses. various usernames, usually involving lilja, lebda, sammy, koepcky, or maltby.

have fun, champ!

for what it's worth, i never said i had an issue with people threatening me. i have an issue with them constantly bringing up the fact that this tool was in the navy, when it's irrelevant

That's fine, I can somewhat understand your point. But you want somebody to die because of the way they blog. That alone tells me everything I want to know about you.

And enough with the "sport" and "champ" condescending nonsense. I'm likely old enough to be your grandfather. (assuming that you -- somebody who wishes death to a blogger who they can simply avoid by not clicking a link -- are not an adult.)

yes, a fiery auto accident would be ideal...but any untimely end would be acceptable.

for what it's worth, i never said i had an issue with people threatening me. i have an issue with them constantly bringing up the fact that this tool was in the navy, when it's irrelevant. my statemenet was correct - he's got a bunch of followers ready to defend his 'honor' at any opportunity. since you're apparently a master at google-fu, go ahead and find posts farter back than that which were much tamer and were still met with similar responses. various usernames, usually involving lilja, lebda, sammy, koepcky, or maltby.

have fun, champ!

Wow.

Had to look at your profile to see if there was any information to explain your hate, but then I realized that you hate everyone. Here's every post of the first page of recent posts of yours...

• i don't see my self buying wings tickets for a while. this team is not worth paying to watch right now.
  • wings ******* suck
  • so in the last 3 home games:

1 goal scored against the stars backup goaltender

1 goal scored against the panthers backup goaltender

shutout by a team ranking 21st in GAA

not sure why anyone would pay to see this team right now.

• 5 goals in 5 games?
  • (for some reason you quoted yourself in a thread, where you first said "this team sucks") - nailed it.
  • (shooting down someone's idea for expansion) - this is almost as good as your idea of having hudler be our 2nd line center last year.

time to step away from the keyboard, brah.

• glad i started rinne for my fantasy team tonight. i knew the wings were good for another 1 goal game.
  • all the ellipses...in the world...won't change the fact...that..bertuzzi...

sucks.

• (after people defended Bertuzzi) - bertuzzi defense force, assemble!
  • (prior to the Wings starting an OT with Montreal, winning in a SO )8-0 vs 1-4 in OT

LOL

• (back to bertuzzi) man, can't argue with that. hustle without the puck is definitely the key to putting up points on the first line. who cares if you fan on every pass coming your way 28miuzr.jpg
  • "He is just awful with the puck."

"He is just awful with the puck."

think i found the problem guys!

• (speaking about Bert and Williams) - trade? i'd be happy to waive them both once franzen comes back.

no one wants these anchors.

• bertuzzi is trash. need to get someone on that line that can at least get a one-timer off reliably. even if they fire it into the logo very time, it would still generate more offense than bertuzzi.
  • the datsyuk+dogs*** line is god awful right now. i don't think i can take watching them together until fil is back.

cue some posters going on about how well bert is playing 28miuzr.gif

• (speaking about the wings) absolutely pathetic

Wow, not one single positive comment. That's almost impressive, yet a little scary.

Wow.

Had to look at your profile to see if there was any information to explain your hate, but then I realized that you hate everyone.

I wouldn't say he's the worst on here at that. You don't have to look hard to find anger and hate on lgw.

Guest lilja4mvp

That's fine, I can somewhat understand your point. But you want somebody to die because of the way they blog. That alone tells me everything I want to know about you.

And enough with the "sport" and "champ" condescending nonsense. I'm likely old enough to be your grandfather. (assuming that you -- somebody who wishes death to a blogger who they can simply avoid by not clicking a link -- are not an adult.)

whatever you say, chief.

Wow.

Had to look at your profile to see if there was any information to explain your hate, but then I realized that you hate everyone. Here's every post of the first page of recent posts of yours...

not my fault that there haven't been a ton of positives this season yet.

every one of those comments was spot ******* on, btw.

whatever you say, chief.

not my fault that there haven't been a ton of positives this season yet.

every one of those comments was spot ******* on, btw.

Smile once in a while, you'll make more friends.

Good job! I agree with you, I think the A2Y blog brings shame to Red Wing fans. The author (Chief) has knowledge of hockey but instead of using it to cheer for the Wings he uses it to demean other teams fans, and hate on everyone and everything not loving the Wings. Grow up, have some fun, but show respect. The behavior shown by the cementers and author hurts the image of Wings fans.

I would b happy if either KK dropped the blog, or Chief grew up.

Good job! I agree with you, I think the A2Y blog brings shame to Red Wing fans. The author (Chief) has knowledge of hockey but instead of using it to cheer for the Wings he uses it to demean other teams fans, and hate on everyone and everything not loving the Wings. Grow up, have some fun, but show respect. The behavior shown by the cementers and author hurts the image of Wings fans.

I would b happy if either KK dropped the blog, or Chief grew up.

Agreed. Back before the blog was on KK, it used to be informative with a sarcastic edge, but nows it's just dumb.