34 replies to this topic

#1 lnvincible

lnvincible

4th Line Grinder

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:14 AM

If we do end up NOT making the playoffs who would you draft for the upcoming draft , it may be abit early for this thread but im just curious you think has some very good upside. AGAIN im not saying THERE NOT going to make the playoffs but if they do I'm already prepared to accept that. I love my wings and im sure all of you guys do too. I still have alot of HOPE in them

Q: Top 10 upcoming players?

#2 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 18,873 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:21 AM

I dont think we'd finish low enough to get Hall or Seguin, and they'd be my picks. Knowing the Wings, the most talented Swede in the top 20.

#NOMOREKINDL

#3 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (Detroit # 1 Fan @ December 9, 2009 - 12:21AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont think we'd finish low enough to get Hall or Seguin, and they'd be my picks. Knowing the Wings, the most talented Swede in the top 20.

Yeah, just missing the playoffs would be the worst thing that could happen to this team. Not only would you miss the playoffs, but you wouldn't suck bad enough to actually get anyone good enough to be one of these immediate star sensations. Either tank it or go all the way, baby. No middle ground.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#4 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:40 AM

I'd want Cam Fowler and I wouldn't even think twice. Local kid and a damn good all-around skating defenseman.

#5 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,709 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:21 AM

I expect the Wings to trade away their first round pick for a prospect + second/third round pick, and then they'll pick a first round caliber player with that.

#6 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE (lnvincible @ December 9, 2009 - 12:14AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If we do end up NOT making the playoffs who would you draft for the upcoming draft , it may be abit early for this thread but im just curious you think has some very good upside. AGAIN im not saying THEY'RE NOT going to make the playoffs but if they do I'm already prepared to accept that. I love my wings and im sure all of you guys do too. I still have alot of HOPE in them

Q: Top 10 upcoming players?

there, fixed it for you.

they're = as in "they are"
there = as in "over there"

that one drives me nuts...

Edited by stevkrause, 09 December 2009 - 09:33 AM.

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#7 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE (stevkrause @ December 9, 2009 - 08:33AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
there, fixed it for you.

Your being picky. It's my internet, it's you're internet... learn to share.
*this space for rent*

#8 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,743 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE (thedisappearer @ December 9, 2009 - 09:16AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your being picky. It's my internet, it's you're internet... learn to share.

Yes, but we only use one language here. Learn it for the sake of those who learning it or have a disability that prevents them from reading it when it is mangled. If you feel your time is too important to proofread, and that other people's time is free enough that they can decipher your typing, you really need a reality check. It's to the left of the spell check. *EDIT* OP: This was not directed at you. I'm sure you just made a slight oversight. It happens. Don't worry about it. It's the attitude that people should not be expected to improve themselves for the benefit of themselves and others that irks me to death.

In picking next year's draft choices, I honestly believe that unless a team has one of the first few picks, it's a crap shoot. Once the Super Picks are gone, teams tend to draft for the players they will need.

I'd rather leave it to the scouts to find the diamonds in the rough that the other teams pass over. It has worked well in the past. In all honesty, I think that if a team has good scouting, there really isn't much difference between having the 8th pick or the 28th one.

Edited by 55fan, 09 December 2009 - 10:32 AM.

Money on the board:  Current total: $6

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#9 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE (55fan @ December 9, 2009 - 10:30AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, but we only use one language here. Learn it for the sake of those who learning it or have a disability that prevents them from reading it when it is mangled. If you feel your time is too important to proofread, and that other people's time is free enough that they can decipher your typing, you really need a reality check. It's to the left of the spell check. *EDIT* OP: This was not directed at you. I'm sure you just made a slight oversight. It happens. Don't worry about it. It's the attitude that people should not be expected to improve themselves for the benefit of themselves and others that irks me to death.

In picking next year's draft choices, I honestly believe that unless a team has one of the first few picks, it's a crap shoot. Once the Super Picks are gone, teams tend to draft for the players they will need.

I'd rather leave it to the scouts to find the diamonds in the rough that the other teams pass over. It has worked well in the past. In all honesty, I think that if a team has good scouting, there really isn't much difference between having the 8th pick or the 28th one.

exactly, especially with the amount of posters that we have on here that use English as a second language... they do not need to see a mangled version of the language.

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#10 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,819 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:51 AM

Use the draft pick to get a kid with dynamite hands and will also fight. Ya know, those ones Holland says he can never get.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#11 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 11:32 AM

Jump off a bridge.

No, no seriously.

The Wings will either make the playoffs as a 5-8 seed (5 being moderately high hopes, 3 being ideal and really high hopes, 1st in the west meaning I have changed from Weed to Herion), or they will just miss and have craptastic picks.

I just don't see them managing to get a good pick.

Not that they would use it, they would probably trade it for 2 lower picks.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#12 soultrain

soultrain

hairdresser of the sharts

• Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:40 PM

Just pull a Pittsburg!... just suck for years really bad. i mean the worst in the league. get the 3 years of #1 picks and keep them under cap to win another cup. So kenny for the next three years keep your stars healthy. hire a bunch of goons to just protect the stars and fight like crazy....i would hate to watch them tank for three years but if that was the master plan...i would be down.

#13 lookalive07

lookalive07

--19--

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE (soultrain @ December 9, 2009 - 01:40PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just pull a Pittsburg!... just suck for years really bad. i mean the worst in the league. get the 3 years of #1 picks and keep them under cap to win another cup. So kenny for the next three years keep your stars healthy. hire a bunch of goons to just protect the stars and fight like crazy....i would hate to watch them tank for three years but if that was the master plan...i would be down.

thumbdown.gif

Absolutely not, whether you were joking or not, just...no.

Posted Image

#14 Jake Ryan

Jake Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (stevkrause @ December 9, 2009 - 07:33AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
there, fixed it for you.

He he. Why didn't you fix the sentences, too?

#15 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE (stevkrause @ December 9, 2009 - 10:33AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
there, fixed it for you.

I had the same sig for over a year and some mod deleted it out of the blue =(. It was very english orientated.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#16 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE (Konnan511 @ December 9, 2009 - 02:25PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had the same sig for over a year and some mod deleted it out of the blue =(. It was very english orientated.

I overlook a lot of the grammatical atrocities on message boards, but certain ones are just the typed equivalency of nails on a chalk board to me... and that's one of them...

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#17 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (Jake Ryan @ December 9, 2009 - 02:17PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He he. Why didn't you fix the sentences, too?

I can overlook a lot of them, certain ones just drive me insane...

Edited by stevkrause, 09 December 2009 - 02:29 PM.

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#18 lnvincible

lnvincible

4th Line Grinder

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE (stevkrause @ December 9, 2009 - 02:28PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I overlook a lot of the grammatical atrocities on message boards, but certain ones are just the typed equivalency of nails on a chalk board to me... and that's one of them...

Sorry the best speller/ grammar person around? Do you like go board to board looking for mistakes so you just flame them? Honestly if you don't like how i spell things or how i write you can go eff yourself.

#19 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:38 PM

all i know is we dont need to draft anymore goalies for a while

#20 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE (lnvincible @ December 9, 2009 - 02:34PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry the best speller/ grammar person around? Do you like go board to board looking for mistakes so you just flame them? Honestly if you don't like how i spell things or how i write you can go eff yourself.

haha, that's an adult response...

ignorance just annoys me... sorry.

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here