• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

GMRwings1983

Telling Stat About Datsyuk's Goal Scoring

Rate this topic

Trading Datsyuk is in all honesty one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. He is an absolute gun who is unfortunately going through a rough patch right now. He'll be right, no need to panic as some love to do.

Thank you for making sense Aussie. A year ago he was one of the best in the world and now he's worthless? He'll come out of it.

Thank you for making sense Aussie. A year ago he was one of the best in the world and now he's worthless? He'll come out of it.

Yeah, year long slumps should be expected out of one of the team's highest paid players.

Crosby has proven several times he sucks without good linemates.

Ovechkin is a pure goal scorer, where both Crosby and Dats are playmakers. Dats isn't a pure goalscorer, so his goals are usually nice set ups.

I'm not arguing that he's not playing poorly though. I think he needs a couple games off...

Crosby went pointless for about 6 or so games when Malkin was out. Malkin comes back and all of a sudden Crosby catches fire.

But yeah Crosby does have bad wingers. Dats needs to pick it up, I gave him a lot of slack because he was slowed down by if not bad just decent wingers. But since he has Z on his wing he should be putting up the points, yet he isn't. :(

Yeah, but that's always been the case. It never affected him before no matter who he was playing against.

Except before, we played a more open, flowing style. Then we lost offensive talent and got a touch more defensive minded. Then we sustained a s***-ton of injuries and play an even more defensive style.

I'm not defending the guy, I expect more production. But to pretend the issue is Datsyuk and Datsyuk alone and ignore the wholesale changes the Wings have made to their style of play and offensive flow is ridiculous.

Yeah, year long slumps should be expected out of one of the team's highest paid players.

Bro, you're cool and all, but you have been a complete and utter condescending ****** since we lost the Finals last year. Everyone else is wrong, you are the only one who sees how it should *really* be, plus endless smarmy comments. Personally, I have no issue with it, just don't pretend you aren't doing it.

Year long? Honestly, what's your problem? Datsyuk is having a rough patch, but to say he's acting like he isn't part of the team is insane. You would have no possible way of knowing that unless you're in the locker room every day. Maybe he's feeling like he needs to carry the team now more than ever because of the injuries and that's overwhelming him, who knows. To suggest trading Datsyuk is ludicrous, it's not easy to find someone that will produce like him for the same price tag.

I think the main question is what exactly is going on with Dats? Because something clearly is, and it's not linemates.

Zetterberg has been producing, but still not like he should be. But he's a force out there most every game. He just isn't getting them to go in. But there's been a lot of nights where I don't even notice Datsyuk out there, or when I do it's because he's turned the puck over, and I seriously can't remember him playing like this for more than a game.

As I said before, it's like he's a half a step slow or something.

Being 2nd on the team in points hardly qualifies as a year-long slump. Is his consistency and play down? Sure. But it's pretty asinine to single him out since in reality he is performing quite better than a number of long-time Wings. Some examples:

Dan Cleary, who was supposed to be blossoming last playoffs onto the next level, has been just awful..

Chris Osgood, who is now well into year two of his slump (his 09 playoffs were far below his 08 ones too... so it's not like his regular season struggles have no impact on the postseason)

Rafalski and Lidstrom are also struggling much worse than Datsyuk is... and at this point it's become a group wide dysfunction that they need to collectively shake off too.

I think you'd have to be pretty out there to think you'd see any worthwhile return on a Datsyuk trade. Even being a Hart nominee and Selke winner he still gets underrated.

I think we're all disappointed in his scoring rate, but again like a lot of people have said, a lot can be attributed to the sharper focus being paid to him since he emerged as a legitimate Hart candidate. He's far from over the hill, and far from even the 'getting up there' point in his career. I am confident he will turn it around as I always thought he was more passer and splaymaker rather than deadly goal-scorer.

Maybe Dr. Rahmani has some answers?

Now:

Hijack-DeNiro.jpg

Chris Osgood, who is now well into year two of his slump (his 09 playoffs were far below his 08 ones too... so it's not like his regular season struggles have no impact on the postseason)

His 2009 2.01 GAA and .926 svp are still better than his career playoff record. To tsk-tsk a goalkeeper for not maintaining 1.55 and .930 is a bit harsh. Remember - Brodeur hasn't approached those numbers in the playoffs since 2003 and he's a mortal lock to be on Team Canada and nobody questions this.

I'm Ron Burgundy?

I don't know if it's trolling per se. Lots of members here have their own schtick with their own special schtank. There's that one dude that hates Holmstrom; that one Gary Bettman-like clown; and then Drake I think is the stats guy, the SPSS guy, except he's useful.

O please dont bring up SPSS anymore lol, i just finished taking my Stats 2 class and i hope to never be using that computer thing again

Oh please. Look at some of Crosby's wingers.

Don't turn this into a Crosby thread, but wow your ignorance from that sentence makes your post hard to take seriously.

See, you say this stuff but we all know you don't mean it.

Datsyuk is more of a playmaker than a scorer. He's been dangerous and producing quality chances but has been snakebitten so far, no question--but so have the recipients of those sweet passes. Datsyuk is never invisible on the ice--he's always going to do something amazing, offensively or defensively to make even a casual observer say "holy s***! who is that guy! Having said that, he does need to step it up. Particularly, his wrist shot seems off so far. I think as he's a slow starter, he will pick it up and return to form. Aside from Holmstrom, the whole team is struggling so it's really just a phase. I'm not sure if it's stupidity or hate that motivates someone to say that Datsyuk is over the hill or should be traded. But if he was traded to the East, playing in a less than defensive system, he'd challenge for the scoring title.

I don't know if it's trolling per se. Lots of members here have their own schtick with their own special schtank.

That may be the funniest line I've ever read on this site. It's funny because it's true. There's a lot of schtank on this site for sure.

Bro, you're cool and all, but you have been a complete and utter condescending ****** since we lost the Finals last year. Everyone else is wrong, you are the only one who sees how it should *really* be, plus endless smarmy comments. Personally, I have no issue with it, just don't pretend you aren't doing it.

I've seen many ppl wonder about Carman and the potential for trolling. I've onyl been a memeber of this site for maybe 6 months or so but throughout that time I can tell you that Carman has made soem outrageous cliams and then keeps beating a dead horse. Personally I think he/she just has radical (and sometimes absurd) opinions and ideas and is too stubborn to think anyone knows better. For the most part I just ignore what he/she posts because it rarely constructively contributes to the thread.

I don't know what's going on with Datsyuk but maybe it's inevitable that he declines. He is getting a bit up there in age and maybe he can't move like he used to as much as he used to. He looks like he's getting tired easier this season.

Sorry to say it, but maybe he's past his prime.

31 is not past prime in the NHL.

Guest Lidstromboli
He was in trouble immediately when he stopped trusting his eyes to Dr. Rahmani and gave way to Ben Gordon of the Pistons! :P

ah, the ancient curse of rahmani

Get Datsyuk with Zetterberg and Helm. That's the way to get out of this mess. SPEED. SPEEK KILLS. It's been said so much that it's a cliche. SPEED KILLS. But in hockey, speed doesn't kill without skill. Helm needs to have skill on his line if he's going to be effective as an offensive player. I am tired of seeing Holmstrom on the top line. GET HIM OFF.

Helm-Zetterberg-Datsyuk

Do whatever with the rest of the lines. Now that Cleary is hurt and outside of Abdelkader getting better, the rest of the team's forwards are pretty much scrubs by today's NHL standards.

Maltby - Scrub

May - Scrub

Eaves - Scrub

Miller - Scrub

Draper - Scrub

Holmstrom - Scrub

Bertuzzi - Scrub

All of these guys should be told that if they don't hit, fight, and make the other team hurt when they're on the ice, then they're going to sit. I'm sick of seeing the Wings shoot into the goalie's chest 50 times a night with 1 goal to show for it. We need guys that want to knock the other teams' players on their ass.

Honestly I'm not. We should pack it in this year and tank. Trade Datsyuk for a franchise defenseman, use the picks to develop another top end forward.

Think of how much we could get for Datsyuk at the deadline, with his contract?

It will never happen, but until he starts playing like the Pavel of the beginning of last year I'm not going to lie and say I wouldn't do it.

Posts like this make me glad no one from LGW is in charge of making decisions for the Red Wings.