• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FinWing

Fetisov to play in KHL

Rate this topic

That's cool. I kind of wish players could do that in the NHL.

It's really hard to do that in the NHL considering it's really tough hitting league. You've got so many young players injured ... imagine if the 50 years old are playing.

What I gathered from the article they just needed an injury fill in, idk if he's going to be playing even the rest of the season.

Good for him tho, kind of a testament to what caliber of athlete he was to begin with if he can do this at 51.

I thought he was a Russian Duma minister or something? Or was that Larianov? Or was he in charge of hockey operations?

Papa Bear rules over all of everything Russian. :yowza: He may even own the country and if he doesn't there aren't

too many that would question him on it.

The hip check returns!!

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=509358&...%20in%20English

When the club needed another defender after Denis Kulyash was injured, coach Sergei Nemchinov turned to the front office for help. Rather than finding a short-term replacement, though, one of the best defencemen Russia ever produced agreed to fill in.

"We urgently need one more defender," Nemchinov said. "Fetisov practises constantly and has agreed to help the team. We just need to settle some legal procedures."

And you thought Chelly was past it.

I always thought Fetisov was a highly underrated member of the 97-98 teams.

Edited by mjlegend

Guest ZetterbergFourty
This is really sad. I can't believe he agreed to do this.

Maybe Yzerman will suit up for the Wings with all these injuries. :P

Dont even joke about it.

Cant stand those guys that go and retire four or five times.

Though it would be awesome if he came and played a game or something. Probably too busy with the Team Canada s*** though.

Sorry I didn't notice the other thread.

Krutov excepted, the Cold War Russians were all in exceptional shape from the moment they came over - Fetisov and Larionov being among the cream of that crop. If there is a 51-year-old who can step into the lineup in a pinch, it's Fetisov. The KHL has a much shorter season so he probably won't get burned out as fast as he would in the NHL.