• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Malum

The Source Of Datsyuk’s Problems ?

Rate this topic

I saw this posted to my news feed on facebook yesterday. I have no idea where the guy gets is info, or who his "source out of Detroit" is. However, I thought I'd post it anyway since everyone seems to be scratching their heads trying to figure out why Datsyuk's production has fallen off so drastically. Could this be at least part of the reason? Take it with a grain of salt.

http://www.evenstrength.com/2009/12/09/the...syuks-problems/

Guest mindfly

Shouldn't affect though cause these are professionals, many foreigners who play football in the premier league in england have wives who hates it and publicly stated it, mascheranos wife in liverpool and vidics wife in manchester for example, still they perform well... so even if she hates detroit it shouldn't matter.

Shouldn't affect though cause these are professionals, many foreigners who play football in the premier league in england have wives who hates it and publicly stated it, mascheranos wife in liverpool and vidics wife in manchester for example, still they perform well... so even if she hates detroit it shouldn't matter.

They are only human, and I am sure that other professional athletes have had personal problems affect their performance. It wouldn't surprise me if that was the reason, but its most likely not.

I try to never throw personal insults, but this is quite possibly one of the STUPIDEST things I've EVER read!

Professionals are still people. Try being married to a woman who HATES where you live, HATES the team you play and is a CONSTANT ***** for days, weeks, YEARS on end. Being a married man, I know, it's ******* horrible. When you know that you're doing what you love, and the woman you love is criticizing every aspect of the place you play... you start to hate everything.

If this really is the problem... it could become a very, VERY serious issue for us, especially with the KHL just picking up players from the NHL, even players who already have contracts in the NHL....

Pronger left Edmonton for exactly the same reason, btw. His wife hated the cold so he went to Anaheim... (wonder how she likes Philly...)

Guest mindfly
I try to never throw personal insults, but this is quite possibly one of the STUPIDEST things I've EVER read!

Professionals are still people. Try being married to a woman who HATES where you live, HATES the team you play and is a CONSTANT ***** for days, weeks, YEARS on end. Being a married man, I know, it's ******* horrible. When you know that you're doing what you love, and the woman you love is criticizing every aspect of the place you play... you start to hate everything.

If this really is the problem... it could become a very, VERY serious issue for us, especially with the KHL just picking up players from the NHL, even players who already have contracts in the NHL....

Pronger left Edmonton for exactly the same reason, btw. His wife hated the cold so he went to Anaheim... (wonder how she likes Philly...)

Why would hockey players be any different? I've never seen this happening in football...

Probably perfectly fine seeing as that Pronger signed an extension almost immediately after he was traded there.

Why would hockey players be any different? I've never seen this happening in football...

If we're talking American Football, it happens to the Green Bay Packers all the time. Plenty of players don't want to sign in GB due to the size of the city.

Seriously? It happens in football all the damn time man. Hell, Becks has stated he moved to LA because his wife likes the city... and he transferd to Milan, again, because of the city. Football players transfer clubs at a considerably higher rate than hockey players, and there is far less likelihood that stays will be long-term (unless they are a very high-end talent), so it would be more tolerable to live someplace you hate for a year or two (as opposed to a 7 year contract).

But locale often plays a role in decisions.. most likely more often than is reported. And while all the talk of "throw the ***** under a bus" is all well and good from an outsider's perspective, the dynamics of a relationship is difficult to understand, and Datsyuk could easily be feeling a lot of pressure on the home front. Do I buy this? Not really, but it's more than conceivable.

Edited by RedWings Gone Wild

Guest Lidstromboli

leino and the puck have been having a tough time recently

"if you love something, give it away"

lebda followed this philosophy with his puck and it has worked out great for him

Guest mindfly

No i'm talking about real football here, can't come to think of any football player that has been poorly on the pitch cause the wife dont enjoy the city

Edited by mindfly

Guest mindfly
so you know the personal lives of every pro football player?

I mean their performance on the pitch... vidic is as good as ever and his serbian wife has hated rainy cold manchester since the first day. Atleast football players seem to put that stuff behind them once they enter the pitch...

Edited by mindfly

I mean their performance on the pitch... vidic is as good as ever and his serbian wife has hated rainy cold manchester since the first day. Atleast football players seem to put that stuff behind them once they enter the pitch...

Dumb logic. Vidic and Masch are 2 examples of wives being vocal on their surroundings. What about every wife of every player in every club, do you know whether they are happy or not? And every player who is playing poorly, how do you know it's not the wife that's the problem there?. Maybe a player plays well on the pitch because he's away from the constant nagging...!

Blah blah blah, like I say, dumb logic.

I would say the majority of football players and their wives are American, and they are all culturally American... in Hockey, a good amount of players are European, a completely different culture from the United States... I mean, i can see how his wife might not like it here, especially after growing up in Russia.

Edited by cupforwings