39 replies to this topic

#1 Jake Ryan

Jake Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:39 PM

http://www.nhl.com/i....htm?id=8471187

This guy balls for the Wings. For as much crap as this guy takes, he's a damn consistent player for Detroit. I'm not saying he's any more than a 6th defenseman in the NHL, but a 6th defenseman on the Detroit Red Wings is more than likely a pretty good NHLer. I wish this guy would get some time with Lidstrom. I think his footspeed would be a bigger benefit to our top defensive pair than Rafalski's outlet passes. Lidstrom already has the outlet pass part covered for his pairing, anyways. Perhaps a Lidstrom/Lebda, Rafalski/Ericsson, Stuart/Kronwall combo would be more effective? Regardless, I think Lebda deserves a little more credit than he gets.

#2 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,640 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE (Jake Ryan @ December 10, 2009 - 01:39PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.nhl.com/i....htm?id=8471187

This guy balls for the Wings. For as much crap as this guy takes, he's a damn consistent player for Detroit. I'm not saying he's any more than a 6th defenseman in the NHL, but a 6th defenseman on the Detroit Red Wings is more than likely a pretty good NHLer. I wish this guy would get some time with Lidstrom. I think his footspeed would be a bigger benefit to our top defensive pair than Rafalski's outlet passes. Lidstrom already has the outlet pass part covered for his pairing, anyways. Perhaps a Lidstrom/Lebda, Rafalski/Ericsson, Stuart/Kronwall combo would be more effective? Regardless, I think Lebda deserves a little more credit than he gets.

I pray you're aiming for sarcasm. The only consistent part of his game is the fact that he's consistently bad.

First you make a thread about how bad Homer is and now you make a thread about how good Lebda is. You are indeed a strange one.

Edited by ShanahanMan, 10 December 2009 - 04:42 PM.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#3 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Huckleberry?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:43 PM

He's played better from my perspective, but that isn't saying too much.

#4 Jake Ryan

Jake Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (ShanahanMan @ December 10, 2009 - 02:40PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I pray you're aiming for sarcasm. The only consistent part of his game is the fact that he's consistently bad.

First you make a thread about how bad Homer is and now you make a thread about how good Lebda is. You are indeed a strange one.

I'm just saying he's not as bad as everybody thinks he is. He's had a 45-47 year old and a slow-footed rookie as his partner on the 3rd d pairing for the beginning of his career. I think we'd be saying different things about him if he was skating with Nick. For his salary, Brett Lebda is pretty damn decent.

#5 The Mule

The Mule

A Nightmare on Helm Street

• Silver Booster
  • 1,962 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:54 PM

Do not want.

#6 Lonewuhf

Lonewuhf

Rookie

• Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (Jake Ryan @ December 10, 2009 - 04:47PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm just saying he's not as bad as everybody thinks he is. He's had a 45-47 year old and a slow-footed rookie as his partner on the 3rd d pairing for the beginning of his career. I think we'd be saying different things about him if he was skating with Nick. For his salary, Brett Lebda is pretty damn decent.

Problem is, he consistently makes mistakes that cause our other, better defensemen, to have to save the day. Our players should only be playing against the other team, not our own too.

#7 cupforwings

cupforwings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:00 PM

i want to like the guy because he is a decent puck moving defensemen when he has time.... however, he is so weak in the defensive zone and turns the puck way to much to be considered a good denfensemen

#8 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:19 PM

he hasnt been a minus in 3 games :thumbsup: i guess

Edited by brett, 10 December 2009 - 05:20 PM.

#9 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:26 PM

eh, he hasn't been as brutal lately, but he still shouldn't be on our roster
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#10 Jake Ryan

Jake Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (ben_usmc @ December 10, 2009 - 03:26PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
eh, he hasn't been as brutal lately, but he still shouldn't be on our roster

Ericsson is the defenseman who has looked most out of place to me, lately. It almost seems like Babcock is overplaying him on purpose and throwing him to the sharks.

#11 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:44 PM

Thoughts on Brett Lebda? He sucks.

Someone mentioned something about Stuart is our best defenseman because he's NA. Someone might want to mention Rafalski and Lebda who think mistakes are all good for the team.

#12 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:51 PM

Well it is the last year on his current deal.....

one last year of Lebda and gone???

#13 Pucks

Pucks

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:51 PM

It the greatest mystery of our time. How has this guy managed to stay on our team this long? I'd trade him straight up for a copy of the enquirer. The one with Tiger on the cover.

Welcome to the playoffs....where the games get better and the officiating gets worse.

#14 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,609 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:55 PM

Lebda is the Sandra Bullock of the Red Wings.

How someone with so little talent and appeal has been able to stick around this long is beyond me. There's a few D-men in Grand Rapids that we've had the last few years that are better than him.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#15 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:14 PM

His only real asset is his speed. And in most cases, he speedily skates back to our zone to botch a defensive play. While he's been fortunate enough to make the NHL, he just is NOT a good defenseman.

Of course, McCrimmon handling the defense just makes Lebs look that much worse.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#16 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:21 PM

He is bad at pinching, and pinches at weird times like when the fourth line is out. He should just be forbidden from pinching because for each time he plays it right, keeps the puck in, and nothing eventually comes of it, there's a time where he screws it up badly and the puck goes in the wrong net.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#17 Fifey

Fifey

Prospect

• 31 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:17 PM

If Lebda were a rookie, people would think he's doing great. And that's his problem. He's been playing at the same level SINCE his rookie year, which was pretty decent. I still remember that goal he had in his first game. He looked like he could take the extra step and improve his game and become a great offensive defenseman. Except he hasn't gotten ANY better since then.

I went to Western Michigan for college at the same time Brett was at Notre Dame, so I saw him play at WMU a number of times, and he HAD the potential. He just has never been able to make that last leap in skill level.

I agree that if he were playing with Kronwall or Lidstrom that he would look (and actually play) better. But as long as he's stuck with E or Lilja (if he comes back) he's not going to improve one bit.

So I say put him with Lids for a little bit and tell him that it's make or break time. He can either up his game or see what free agency brings him.

#18 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:24 PM

i think it's E that's stuck with Lebda, not the other way around wink.gif

Posted Image

#19 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:16 PM

I do not think much of Lebda.

#20 deetroit dario

deetroit dario

i ride on two wheels, and they both have wings!

• PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:38 PM

you know that guy at work that nobody can stand, but since he's always around you get sucked into all his social functions?

lebda is the hooker that you'd get for that guy's bachelor party.
RAISE #16 TO THE RAFTERS!!!

i think, therefore i'm rare.