• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jake Ryan

Brett Lebda

Rate this topic

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8471187

This guy balls for the Wings. For as much crap as this guy takes, he's a damn consistent player for Detroit. I'm not saying he's any more than a 6th defenseman in the NHL, but a 6th defenseman on the Detroit Red Wings is more than likely a pretty good NHLer. I wish this guy would get some time with Lidstrom. I think his footspeed would be a bigger benefit to our top defensive pair than Rafalski's outlet passes. Lidstrom already has the outlet pass part covered for his pairing, anyways. Perhaps a Lidstrom/Lebda, Rafalski/Ericsson, Stuart/Kronwall combo would be more effective? Regardless, I think Lebda deserves a little more credit than he gets.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8471187

This guy balls for the Wings. For as much crap as this guy takes, he's a damn consistent player for Detroit. I'm not saying he's any more than a 6th defenseman in the NHL, but a 6th defenseman on the Detroit Red Wings is more than likely a pretty good NHLer. I wish this guy would get some time with Lidstrom. I think his footspeed would be a bigger benefit to our top defensive pair than Rafalski's outlet passes. Lidstrom already has the outlet pass part covered for his pairing, anyways. Perhaps a Lidstrom/Lebda, Rafalski/Ericsson, Stuart/Kronwall combo would be more effective? Regardless, I think Lebda deserves a little more credit than he gets.

I pray you're aiming for sarcasm. The only consistent part of his game is the fact that he's consistently bad.

First you make a thread about how bad Homer is and now you make a thread about how good Lebda is. You are indeed a strange one.

Edited by ShanahanMan

I pray you're aiming for sarcasm. The only consistent part of his game is the fact that he's consistently bad.

First you make a thread about how bad Homer is and now you make a thread about how good Lebda is. You are indeed a strange one.

I'm just saying he's not as bad as everybody thinks he is. He's had a 45-47 year old and a slow-footed rookie as his partner on the 3rd d pairing for the beginning of his career. I think we'd be saying different things about him if he was skating with Nick. For his salary, Brett Lebda is pretty damn decent.

I'm just saying he's not as bad as everybody thinks he is. He's had a 45-47 year old and a slow-footed rookie as his partner on the 3rd d pairing for the beginning of his career. I think we'd be saying different things about him if he was skating with Nick. For his salary, Brett Lebda is pretty damn decent.

Problem is, he consistently makes mistakes that cause our other, better defensemen, to have to save the day. Our players should only be playing against the other team, not our own too.

eh, he hasn't been as brutal lately, but he still shouldn't be on our roster

Ericsson is the defenseman who has looked most out of place to me, lately. It almost seems like Babcock is overplaying him on purpose and throwing him to the sharks.

His only real asset is his speed. And in most cases, he speedily skates back to our zone to botch a defensive play. While he's been fortunate enough to make the NHL, he just is NOT a good defenseman.

Of course, McCrimmon handling the defense just makes Lebs look that much worse.

If Lebda were a rookie, people would think he's doing great. And that's his problem. He's been playing at the same level SINCE his rookie year, which was pretty decent. I still remember that goal he had in his first game. He looked like he could take the extra step and improve his game and become a great offensive defenseman. Except he hasn't gotten ANY better since then.

I went to Western Michigan for college at the same time Brett was at Notre Dame, so I saw him play at WMU a number of times, and he HAD the potential. He just has never been able to make that last leap in skill level.

I agree that if he were playing with Kronwall or Lidstrom that he would look (and actually play) better. But as long as he's stuck with E or Lilja (if he comes back) he's not going to improve one bit.

So I say put him with Lids for a little bit and tell him that it's make or break time. He can either up his game or see what free agency brings him.

you know that guy at work that nobody can stand, but since he's always around you get sucked into all his social functions?

lebda is the hooker that you'd get for that guy's bachelor party.

Lebda was paired with Lidstrom briefly a few games back, and on one play, Lidstrom was going to the corner, and Lebda was not in position, leading to a goal. So I really don't think it makes a difference who he's paired with. I've said it before, he could improve if he wanted to (or could have if he had wanted to), but I just don't see any drive or motivation in him whatsoever to become a better hockey player.

Guest ZetterbergFourty

Puck moving defenseman.. :lol:

Like Detroit is a "puck possesion team", I think the point of the game is to keep the puck away from the opponent and score. So, I think Lebda is a defenseman, and Detroit Red Wings are a hockey team.

lol Jake will bust Homer's chops for making mistakes that allow goals but then say Lebda has been decent.

Seriously is this a joke? Are LGWers being punk'd?

Lebda is as useful as a poopie flavored lollipop

Ericsson is the defenseman who has looked most out of place to me, lately. It almost seems like Babcock is overplaying him on purpose and throwing him to the sharks.

You're leaving out one small detail jake. Ericsson is a ROOKIE. Lebda...still makes rookie mistakes.