• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

12/11 GDT: Lake Erie @ Grand Rapids

Rate this topic

Lake Erie Monsters (8-15-0-2) @ Grand Rapids Griffins (15-9-0-0)
6:30 pm EST

griffins24jpg-d49f69437a0e52ae_large.jpg

The Griffins will search for their third consecutive win when they take on the visiting Lake Erie Monsters. This is their third meeting of the season with the Griffins winning two of the contests. In their most recent meeting, the Monsters had a comfortably 6-2 win. Lake Erie sit in last place in the entire league and given the Griffins strong last two performances, this is an oppertunity to make some ground on the teams ranked above.

On an individual note, second year defenceman Logan Pyett has recorded an assist in the past three games, the best streak of his pro career. Centres Emmerton and McGrath are both pointless in their past 4 games. Jan Mursak has 3 goals from the past 4 games. Rissmiller and Ritola both have points in their past two games and Pare is coming off his first goal of the season.

Projected lines:

Ritola - Newbury - Tardif
Tatar - Rismiller - Williams
Emmerton - Pare - Mursak
Vigilante - McGrath - Walsh

(Axelsson)

Kolosov - Janik
Kindl - Delmore
Crosty - Pyett

(Ehrhardt)

McCollum
Larsson

Individual Leaders:

Goals: Williams (10), Mursak (8), Tardif (7)
Assists: Kindl (11), Janik, Newbury (10)
PIM: Crosty (78), Newbury (66)
Plus/Minus: Tatar, Janik (+11), Emmerton (+10)

Past 5 Games:

4-2 Win vs. San Antonio (Dec 9 2009) Final
4-1 Win vs. Peoria (Dec 5 2009) Final
2-1 Loss vs. Rockford (Dec 4 2009) Final
6-2 Loss @ Lake Erie (Dec 1 2009) Final
2-1 Win @ Peoria (Nov 28 2009) Final

TV/Radio:

Internet stream: See drumnj's stream
Grand Rapids Radio Broadcast
AHL Scores
Edited by Aussie_Wing

Guest mindfly

Is this Oulahen kid still injured? :( He was racking them pts up last season I remember.... And what happend to Piche? did he fail?

Edited by mindfly

Why not...

Ritola - Newbury - Mursak

Tatar - Rismiller - Williams

Axelsson - Emmerton - Pare

Vigilante - McGrath - Tardif

Not bad. I've been so impressed with Rissmiller, why the heck did the Rangers move him from their affiliate club? Their loss, well and truly our gain.

I'm hoping Axelsson plays tonight but given he didn't play much, if at all, in the 3rd against San Antonio I'm not liking his chances.

Is this Oulahen kid still injured? :( He was racking them pts up last season I remember.... And what happend to Piche? did he fail?

Yeah Oulahen is still injured, a real shame. Great leader, great shut down player and on the PK and his goal scoring was coming along. Hopefully he's back by Febuary or around then.

Funny you should mentione Piche...

Piche

The ECHL announced that Toledo defenseman Sebastien Piche has been suspended for one game and fined an undisclosed amount as a result of his actions in ECHL Game #224 against Wheeling on Dec. 9.

Piche was assessed a major penalty and game misconduct for elbowing at 15:10 of the second period.

:D

With Crosty playing defence the Griffins have 7 defencemen, 8 if you include Piche. He'll swap time between GR and Toledo. He's got nice potential though, I like him.

Not bad. I've been so impressed with Rissmiller, why the heck did the Rangers move him from their affiliate club? Their loss, well and truly our gain.

I'm hoping Axelsson plays tonight but given he didn't play much, if at all, in the 3rd against San Antonio I'm not liking his chances.

Not that I think Tardif isn't playing well. For what they expect of him he's doing well. It's just that I'd like to see people who have more of an aptitude to score on the top two lines.

Axelsson is definitely responsible for his part in why he's not playing well. He has played most of his shifts with McGrath, who on some reviews has been a huge disappointment. Again, I'm not pointing to that as the main culprit as to why Axelsson is struggling. I just think it's a good idea to put him with someone that's playing well.

Not that I think Tardif isn't playing well. For what they expect of him he's doing well. It's just that I'd like to see people who have more of an aptitude to score on the top two lines.

Tardif is third in scoring with the Griffins, despite going through a bad patch of play this last month. Just thought Id point that out ;)

Well I'm watching. (thanks for streaming) Nice goal by Mursak, assisted by Emmerton and Delmore.

Griffs all over them early in this one.

Now a PP... uh oh, Williams gets a penalty for a great defensive play I thought. 4-on-4.

Edited by Green Wing

Mursak is an absolute machine!! Keeps on producing. :thumbup:

Didn't see the period, will start watching from the 2nd. Lots of shots that period, from each side, not much defence?

Pretty much. Quite a few 2 on 1s for the Griffins early on (well, 2 or 3 at least). Monsters looked total s***e early but responded as soon as they got their goal.

Griffins down 2-1, could be a whole lot worse if McCollum hadn't come to play.

Griffins look awful. Lake Erie have about 35 SOG already...

I started watching the Wings after the 1st, but it sounds like the first 10 minutes of domination was an anomaly for Griffs.

If UKredwings was here Tardif would surely score.

Edited by Green Wing

McCollum was awesome!! :thumbup: Great performance by him.

Mursak was the pick of the Griffins IMO. I'm confused as to why he doesn't get more time, whenever he's out there he dominates, it's that simple. He was everywhere again tonight, when he's got the puck it's awfully hard to take it from him. Setting up plays, scoring goals, forechecking, he's a gun.

Pare is now starting to play with confidence and Tatar was good also.

On defence I thought Kindl was BRILLIANT. He looks like a new player to me. Offensively he was always setting up chances with his cannon and defensively he looks sharp. Good signs.