• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/12 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Predators 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

A few Nashville notes for your game day prep. Some of you may recall my presence around here some last year :P. I promise, I come not to flame but to inform and enjoy.

Moving on, a small error in the GDT-- Cal O'Reilly isn't the 4th line center. He was assigned to Milwaukee yesterday to avoid having to clear waivers. Veteran center Dave Scatchard (2g, 2a) is the 4th-line center. He's pretty tough and scored last game against CBJ.

Players to watch would be Jason Arnott and Marty Erat. They've scored something like 8 out of our last 11 goals, and Erat has 4 goals in two games. Erat ate y'all's lunch back in November, so it'll be interesting to see how the Wings' defense approaches him.

Alexander Sulzer has taken Cody Franson's 3rd pair defense spot the last two games, and while not as potent offensively has looked good in that spot. No real way to tell who plays there tonight.

Also, Jordin Tootoo has come around this season with a bit of a different style. He's not playing as much of an agitating role and its really helped his offensive game. Be warned, however, as he remains a threat to run somebody over.

If the game gets to the shootout, you have to like Nashville's chances. IIRC, we've only lost once, partly due to Rinne and partly to some above average shooters (Erat and Legwand, namely)

Finally, expect Pekka Rinne to get the go tonight. He's cemented the no. 1 position for now and has looked good lately, especially against the Canucks (34 saves).

p.s.

@mindfly, in the past we have been relatively boring. Lately, though, the scoring chances and heart stopping moments (i.e. turnovers, lol) have increased. So far as I can tell, these definitely aren't last years' Preds (I know, duh, but bear with the cliche...)

Edited by shutoutking

Current Streaks

Regular Season Streaks

Overall: 1-game winning streak

Road: 1-game winning streak.

Historical Regular Season Streaks vs. Nashville

Overall: 4-game losing streak (1 shutout & 1 shootout)

Road: 2-game losing streak (1 shootout).

Last Ten Games

Last Ten Games – Regular Season

Overall: 4W-5L-0OTL-1SOL

Road: 6W-2L-0OTL-2SOL.

Last Ten Games - Historical Regular Season vs. Nashville

Overall: 4W-5L-0OTL-1SOL

Road: 5W-5L.

Record on this Date

December 12.

This is the 34th game played on this date. The Club's record in the previous 33 games:

15W-17L-1T.

LGW.

I just hope the streams are the Detroit feed... I dont think I can stand to hear

Pekka Rinne , Pekka Rinne , Pekka Rinne , Pekka Rinne , Pekka Rinne , Pekka Rinne , Pekka Rinne , Pekka Rinne , Pekka Rinne , Pekka Rinne , Pekka Rinne , Pekka Rinne , Pekka Rinne , Pekka Rinne , Pekka Rinne , Pekka Rinne , Pekka Rinne , Pekka Rinne , Pekka Rinne

Drives me nuts-o

Of course, I'd want a victory and I'm not trying to be pessimistic but if they lose, that will be the kind of yo yo - win one lose one pattern that will drive me crazy.

Who is in net? I have a feeling that Babs will put Ozzie in goal ... back to back and an away game ... away from pressure of home fans.

What? Ozzie's been drawing the playoff teams...

@ NSH (7) Oz

vs ATL (7)

vs CGY (2) Oz

@ STL (14)

vs DAL (8)

vs EDM (12)

@ NJ (2) Oz

@ NYR (10)

vs STL (14)

vs ANA (15)

@ NSH (7) Oz

Not a knock on either goalie, just making the point that Ozzie definitely isn't being put in for easy games. He's getting division leaders and top-8 teams when Babcock does give him a chance to play. I think Babcock wants to see him do well against good teams, otherwise he'll keep riding Howard.

Okay.. Time for an amazing win streak defying all odds and injuries. 1st place here we come, watch out Sharks.

My prediction:

Wings 4 - Leino, Lidstrom, Eaves, Zetterberg

Preds 2 - Tootoo, Erat

LETS GO WINGS!

It feels like we're in the playoffs and every game is a must-win. And we're not even halfway into the season.

But honestly, considering we played the night before I'd gladly take a point tonight.

I'm kind of enjoying the feeling. I haven't experienced cheering for a Wings team that has to fight for the playoffs like this. It's new and exciting :D

What? Ozzie's been drawing the playoff teams...

@ NSH (7) Oz

vs ATL (7)

vs CGY (2) Oz

@ STL (14)

vs DAL (8)

vs EDM (12)

@ NJ (2) Oz

@ NYR (10)

vs STL (14)

vs ANA (15)

@ NSH (7) Oz

Not a knock on either goalie, just making the point that Ozzie definitely isn't being put in for easy games. He's getting division leaders and top-8 teams when Babcock does give him a chance to play. I think Babcock wants to see him do well against good teams, otherwise he'll keep riding Howard.

I never understood why Howard has been getting the weaker teams STILL. Sure before he needed to get his confidence up, but now he needs to play against a team that is a much bigger challenge to Detroit.

Give Osgood some poor teams to get HIS confidence up.

Edited by Doc Holiday

There are a few teams in the NHL that think they have some crazy rivalry against us and Nashville is one of them (although we couldnt care less about them). Their a different team when they play us, its just not right.

There are a few teams in the NHL that think they have some crazy rivalry against us and Nashville is one of them (although we couldnt care less about them). Their a different team when they play us, its just not right.

Meant to ask this earlier, and this reminded me.

Do y'all feel like the Preds are rivals now? Maybe we weren't in your eyes last year, but after the Music City Massacre and y'all dropping 4 in a row to us, is it a bit more bitter yet?

Oh hello there, I'm at WMU right now

On campus we don't get 88, it sucks :/

Yeah I think I remember not picking it up last year. I've lucked out so far this year and have been elsewhere for FNS+ games. Oh well, I'm thankful for free online streams for times like this.

Do y'all feel like the Preds are rivals now? Maybe we weren't in your eyes last year, but after the Music City Massacre and y'all dropping 4 in a row to us, is it a bit more bitter yet?

Perhaps if the Predators could win an away game in the post-season. :lol:

But seriously, I would consider them a kind of rival. Always enjoyed playing you guys in the playoffs.

no.. when your team manages to beat our team in the playoffs, then maybe

Last night I predicted a 3-2 OT victory, tonight I predict 4-1 wings vicotry...

Goals: Leino, Zetterberg, Eaves, Stuart

Arnot

LETS GO WINGS!

We'll take you seriously when you manage to win a playoff series.