• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Real1

Stuart as Captain?

Rate this topic

You know what, I've heard this too many times. It's bulls***, I'm a pretty whiney fan, most can attest to that, but credit where credit is due. Stuart was our 2nd best defence in both Cup final runs, and has one bad game and that's all people remember. Ridiculous, he's been our best this year, and should we make the playoffs, it'll be in large part because of guys like Brad Stuart stepping up.

I like Stuart a lot, I know he's been great for us and his game is something this team lacked before we got him. But, motherf*** he picked the absolutely worst time to play his worst game. And guess what, you know why it's what people remember? It was the Finals and everything in the Finals gets remembered and magnified. That's what the Finals are all about.

I also have no doubt we'll make the playoffs, to say otherwise is silly to me. We'll stay close with our AHL team (people seem to conveniently leave this out when they trash the poor results the Wings have been having) , then our normal roster will slowly but surely come back before the playoffs and we'll be rested and ready to roll right in.

Wings may even 1 up last year's Ducks as the most dangerous #8 seed ever. I'll take that scenario.

I like Stuart a lot, I know he's been great for us and his game is something this team lacked before we got him. But, motherf*** he picked the absolutely worst time to play his worst game. And guess what, you know why it's what people remember? It was the Finals and everything in the Finals gets remembered and magnified. That's what the Finals are all about.

I also have no doubt we'll make the playoffs, to say otherwise is silly to me. We'll stay close with our AHL team (people seem to conveniently leave this out when they trash the poor results the Wings have been having) , then our normal roster will slowly but surely come back before the playoffs and we'll be rested and ready to roll right in.

Wings may even 1 up last year's Ducks as the most dangerous #8 seed ever. I'll take that scenario.

Tough to argue. Yes it's a terrible time to have an off game, but it's just for me it doesnt overshadow everything he did. I was more upset with the lack of offense then the defensive game.

I believe we will too, and agreed on the 8th seed. Us 8 versus San Jose #1? Dream scenario, imagine if we take Game 1? They'll implode again and it'll be a sight to see. Healthy Wings team with playoff Ozzie can handle the Sharks any day.

Stuart is too quiet for the C. Any one hear Mickey make the comment that Stuart has said about 2 words since he got here. Yeah, Yzerman was quick but not as quiet as Stuart. I see Z getting the C. Datsyuk with an A, and Rafalski with the other A.

wouldn't Kronwall be in line before Stuart?

I see it as

C - Z

A - Pavs

A - Kronwall

A - Franzen / Rafi?

I think they're allowed 3 As, since they have Drapes, Z and D with As now.

Two A's are allowed in games, if there is a C. Any more, and they have to rotate.

So i guess you forgot to mention then that Brad Stuart lead the Wings in SCORING in the first 4 games in the 08' Cup Finals. Am i rite, or am i rite? :D

C: Zetterberg

A: Datsyuk/Cleary/Kronwall

Stuart might get an A if there is an injury. Rotation between Datsyuk/Cleary/Kronwall. Assuming that the three are here when Lidstrom hangs them up.

So i guess you forgot to mention then that Brad Stuart lead the Wings in SCORING in the first 4 games in the 08' Cup Finals. Am i rite, or am i rite? :D

The biggest possible 1 game in hockey on the biggest stage this game has to offer, he choked. People, specifically Redwing fans, will remember. I don't see what's so hard to understand or why people can't seem to comprehend why this might linger in some people's mind. Does it mean Brad Stuart is a piece of s*** because of it? Of course not, he's a good player that adds an element this team needs and I'm happy (especially right now) to have him. But I'm sure as hell not gonna forget even if I wanted to, how could I? It was game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals!

Since I'm only specifically complaining about Stuart in the one biggest game I've ever seen the Redwings play, you're wrong, and you're wrong.

Other than that he's been good and I have no other complaints.

wouldn't Kronwall be in line before Stuart?

I see it as

C - Z

A - Pavs

A - Kronwall

A - Franzen / Rafi?

I think they're allowed 3 As, since they have Drapes, Z and D with As now.

This is how I see the order. (once Draper retires)

Z as captain, Dats and Kronwall with A's.

The biggest possible 1 game in hockey on the biggest stage this game has to offer, he choked. People, specifically Redwing fans, will remember. I don't see what's so hard to understand or why people can't seem to comprehend why this might linger in some people's mind. Does it mean Brad Stuart is a piece of s*** because of it? Of course not, he's a good player that adds an element this team needs and I'm happy (especially right now) to have him. But I'm sure as hell not gonna forget even if I wanted to, how could I? It was game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals!

Since I'm only specifically complaining about Stuart in the one biggest game I've ever seen the Redwings play, you're wrong, and you're wrong.

Other than that he's been good and I have no other complaints.

I remember the Red Wings scoring 2 goals in the last 2 games of their season. The loss to Pittsburgh was not Stuarts fault. Game 7 means just as much as games 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6.

I remember the Red Wings scoring 2 goals in the last 2 games of their season. The loss to Pittsburgh was not Stuarts fault. Game 7 means just as much as games 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6.

I'll agree that we shouldn't have let it even get to a game 7. But since it did, everything else up to that point is irrelevant and it's 1 game, winner takes all.

Boy oh' boy what a time to play like s***, eh?

(sorry for the double post)

I'll agree that we shouldn't have let it even get to a game 7. But since it did, everything else up to that point is irrelevant and it's 1 game, winner takes all.

Boy oh' boy what a time to play like s***, eh?

So we should really be getting rid of Zetterberg, Dats, Lids. Hell, we have to get rid of the whole team. They sucked it up, they're gone right?

I don't remember Stuart being terrible in game 7. I just remember us not doing squat. Game 6 had the stanley cup wrapped in a nice box for us and we just watched paint dry instead.

Edited by Shady Ultima

So we should really be getting rid of Zetterberg, Dats, Lids. Hell, we have to get rid of the whole team. They sucked it up, they're gone right?

What in the world are you talking about? Show me one time where I said we need to get rid of anyone. I LIKE STUART!!!

But I'm not gonna give someone a pass for playing like s*** in a game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. NO ONE

And in a game 6 or 7 in the Finals, you should expect it to be tight, low scoring 1 goal games. It's not gonna come easy for anyone. And it didn't for the penguins either, even with Stuart's horrible giveaways.

Guest ZetterbergFourty

I've always seen Draper as the next captain of the Red Wings. That is untill he had to over do it with that handshake bulls***. He's not gonna be too far after Lidstrom retiring though. I honestly see Zetterberg with the next "C" on the Red Wings jersey. Talk about hard skates to fill after Steve Yzerman and Nicklas Lidstrom. Brad Stuart would make a decent captain, I see where you're going with this. I dont see it happening. The last two captains were all-career Red Wings, the captain before Yzerman is before my time. I think they will pick someone who has either been there for a while already, or isnt going anywhere for a while. Zetterberg.

Edit: Basically what I'm trying to say is that Zetterberg should grab a Snickers bar, or hell, a whole box!

Edited by ZetterbergFourty

For all of you saying that he is not a talker and not a loud person, talk to Steve Yzerman about being a captain. Yes, I'm sure that when needed, he gave it to the team, but you know what? I remember him for not being a loud mouth and leading by example. And Brad has done that lately.

As said before, I am not saying "ZOMG, GIVE HIM THE C. ITS ALL HIS!!!11!!".

I think that he would make a good captain, I was just wondering if it would be a slap in the face to some people that have been here longer, IE Hank or Pavel.

For all of you saying that he is not a talker and not a loud person, talk to Steve Yzerman about being a captain. Yes, I'm sure that when needed, he gave it to the team, but you know what? I remember him for not being a loud mouth and leading by example. And Brad has done that lately.

As said before, I am not saying "ZOMG, GIVE HIM THE C. ITS ALL HIS!!!11!!".

I think that he would make a good captain, I was just wondering if it would be a slap in the face to some people that have been here longer, IE Hank or Pavel.

1. Yzerman was drafted as Detroit's franchise player.

2. He was groomed into the role at an early age

3. He was much more talented than Stuart is now