No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Diamonds

Funny quote about Hossa

Rate this topic

http://blogs.dailyherald.com/node/3071

Offense starting to be a worry

Posted by TimS on Sat, 12/12/2009 - 00:34

Buffalo, N.Y. - The Blackhawks made another goalie look like Terry Sawchuk on Friday night.

Patrick Lalime?

You thought the Hawks caught a break when Sabres coach Lindy Ruff decided to rest Ryan Miller and start Lalime with his 4.54 goals-against average and .836 save percentage. But the Hawks are in such a funk offensively that it didn't matter.

The Hawks lost 2-1 a game they should have won. That’s 10 goals scored in the last seven games.

"That's a team that's beatable, in my opinion, and we just didn't play well enough coming in here," Jonathan Toews said.

The Hawks had 40 shots on goal, but Toews, Brian Campbell and Patrick Kane all agreed that the quality chances are missing.

The Hawks are playing too much on the perimeter, letting goalies see shots with little or no traffic.

Kane hasn't scored in nine games. Patrick Sharp has 3 goals in 17 games.

There's no secondary scoring coming from Andrew Ladd, Troy Brouwer, John Madden (a combined no goals in 21 games), the defense isn't jumping into the play and the fourth line is borderline awful.

I'm still willing to give Marian Hossa the benefit of the doubt, but are the Hawks paying him $7.5 million this season to cycle pucks? Hossa's not going to score 30 goals from along the boards.

i just cant wait for chicago and detroit to meet in the playoffs. everyone should know what happens to hossa when he faces one of his former teams haha

I think we know what happens to Hossa when he plays in the playoffs, period.

I think we know what happens to Hossa when he plays in the playoffs, period.

Ya he plays through a painful injury that drastically effects the mobility of his arm and doesn't say a word about it. Grits his teeth and gets it done, all the while putting up 15 points and being a +9.

That's what you get with Hossa.

Ya he plays through a painful injury that drastically effects the mobility of his arm and doesn't say a word about it. Grits his teeth and gets it done, all the while putting up 15 points and being a +9.

Yea and as he's leaving he makes a statement questioning the Wings (excuse me a sec) *ahem*..... lol, HUNGER? If he was so hurt maybe he shoulda just sat it out anyways, whats the difference - 0 points in the Finals. And he questions the Wings hunger as he leaves. What A *******...............

JOKE!

Yea and as he's leaving he makes a statement questioning the Wings (excuse me a sec) *ahem*..... lol, HUNGER? If he was so hurt maybe he shoulda just sat it out anyways, whats the difference - 0 points in the Finals. And he questions the Wings hunger as he leaves. What A *******...............

JOKE!

Try 3 points, ******. And he had 3 points.

Try 3 points, ******. And he had 3 points.

******? Wow, what was it, the huge 3 point statistical error? Or do you think he was right in questioning the Wings hunger as he left? Or You got a man crush on Hossa?

So sorry to rile you up there buddy, but if you're calling me a ****** for any or even all of the above reasons, then you're an.... Enema?

Cool huh. Maybe I shoulda said zero goals, cause that's pretty s***ty too. I knew it was zero something!

Where did Hossa question this teams hunger?

And yeah, I have a man crush on Hossa - for good reason. He is one of the best 2 way forwards in the game, up there with Z and Pav. Any dislike towards Hossa is just bitter crying about losing game 7 last year. Newflash: Datsyuk didn't have any better of a playoffs. Oh, but he was injured? Oh wait, so was Hossa. And what else? After game 7 Hossa was classy enough not to jump to excuses about playing with a dislocated shoulder.

JOKE!

What was that statement? Am I missing something?

I don't understand the hate for Hossa in the Finals. It was the entire team's fault for not closing out the Penguins after being up 2 - 0

I think the last time someone lost a series after being up 2 - 0 at home was the 60s. It still hurts my head.

I didn't have any issue with Hossa when he first left. A little stunned he wen't to the Hawks? Maybe, but whether he stayed or left after last year I understood what him signing here was all about. At least we didn't give up s*** to get him like the Pens did. So no, its not that I'm bitter for any reason as Z & D suggests. But when he leaves for a Central team that we just beat, that he describes as being hungrier than us, I took it as an insult. Sorry!

And seeing as he had zero goals in the Finals, I thought for him to even mention the word hunger was irony at it's finest.

Sorry people are pissed and sorry you all loved the man so much. But look at the bright side Z&D, him staying in the Central gives you the chance to cheer him on 3 times per year down at the Joe. Maybe you'll even get to see him and the Hawks beat the Wings in the playoffs? You'll probably love that one eh. I'm sure you'll be just as quick and accurate with all his statistical points and plus / minuses then too.

For his salary (and 40 goals in the regular season I might add with that same injury) I guess I expected him to score more than 6 goals in three games and get no goals in the finals.

How dare I question the abilities of a player getting paid 7.4 million and the "motivation" to win the cup in Detroit. Shame on me.

Guest lnvincible
I don't understand the hate for Hossa in the Finals. It was the entire team's fault for not closing out the Penguins after being up 2 - 0

I think the last time someone lost a series after being up 2 - 0 at home was the 60s. It still hurts my head.

I think what hurt the most was that Dat's was injured for some time :(

For his salary (and 40 goals in the regular season I might add with that same injury) I guess I expected him to score more than 6 goals in three games and get no goals in the finals.

How dare I question the abilities of a player getting paid 7.4 million and the "motivation" to win the cup in Detroit. Shame on me.

Obviously you've never had a rotator cuff injury before.

People in this thread who are fabricating lies and false information should be banned. Hossa never said Detroit Red Wings are not hungry and that's why he fled to Chicago. That's a bold face lie and should result in a perma-ban.

Hossa said Hawks are an upcoming team with lots of hunger. His exact quote is: ""Those guys are going to be hungry," said Hossa [about the Hawks]. "They've got lots of experience right now from last year."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?...entryID=4211301

Sadly for Hossa, he signed a long term deal with a players/team he has no chemistry with. It's hard to understand how a player would be willing to sign a LTD with a team and city that he knows little about. How is their dressing room mentality? How is the off-ice chemistry? What if their are personality conflicts?

Now he's stuck.

Imagine if Hossa had signed with the Kings. My god, they'd be a sick team with him and Kopitar together. They'd probably be dominating in first place overall right now. But who knows.... But I like that Kopitar kid, he's underrated. I think he and Hossa together would have been dynamite. Gives me chills just thinking about it.