• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Diamonds

Funny quote about Hossa

Rate this topic

Ya he plays through a painful injury that drastically effects the mobility of his arm and doesn't say a word about it. Grits his teeth and gets it done, all the while putting up 15 points and being a +9.

That's what you get with Hossa.

Despite some odd press moments this summer and the hope that his time at the Blackhawks works out badly for all concerned, I do agree with this a lot. I would say, however, that for all his exceptional ability, I felt he never totally meshed with the wings style, but for much of the year his ability and that of his line-mates hid the fact. A player of his ability playing with Dats should have done even better than he did. Still no hard feelings, he came on the cheap, had a good year but had a bad scf.....it was worth it for the excitement when he signed!

I didn't have any issue with Hossa when he first left. A little stunned he wen't to the Hawks? Maybe, but whether he stayed or left after last year I understood what him signing here was all about. At least we didn't give up s*** to get him like the Pens did. So no, its not that I'm bitter for any reason as Z & D suggests. But when he leaves for a Central team that we just beat, that he describes as being hungrier than us, I took it as an insult. Sorry!

And seeing as he had zero goals in the Finals, I thought for him to even mention the word hunger was irony at it's finest.

Sorry people are pissed and sorry you all loved the man so much. But look at the bright side Z&D, him staying in the Central gives you the chance to cheer him on 3 times per year down at the Joe. Maybe you'll even get to see him and the Hawks beat the Wings in the playoffs? You'll probably love that one eh. I'm sure you'll be just as quick and accurate with all his statistical points and plus / minuses then too.

Have you considered he may have said that to ingratiate himself with his new employers, and that he probably felt a little disappointed that Kenny didn't consider shifting salary to keep him? The fact is, if we offered him the same money he would have stayed and said great things about detroit...end....of

Have you considered he may have said that to ingratiate himself with his new employers, and that he probably felt a little disappointed that Kenny didn't consider shifting salary to keep him? The fact is, if we offered him the same money he would have stayed and said great things about detroit...end....of

Don't believe everything you on here. Hossa never said that, that Rush member is lying (and should be banned for making frivolous lies on LGW). He didn't even post a link to support his claims.

Same thing in the offseason, Matt will ban members who start a fake thread about "Detroit Red Wings sign ______", when it's melicous or a lie. I don't see how Rush's lies are any better than those who false threads during the offseason.

did anyone see that blackhawks commercial where each star declares one word that'll define the season?

hoss's shows a clip of the wings eliminating the hawks in the WCF and he says, with a serious face, "revenge."

?! who's the genius that paired him with that?

did anyone see that blackhawks commercial where each star declares one word that'll define the season?

hoss's shows a clip of the wings eliminating the hawks in the WCF and he says, with a serious face, "revenge."

^ Hahahahaha, I want to see that.

Edited by Z and D for the C

Marketing department of the Hawks playing up the hatred of all things Detroit.

That ad probably gets 90% of Chicagoans frothing at the mouth.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I still firmly believe that if the BHs and the RWs were to meet in a 7 game series, with both teams playing to their utmost current potential and healthy, the Wings win in 6. I am in the minority here, and most probably deservedly so, but I just have a feeling that they are not good enough yet.

This is based on the fact that our goalie has been known to step his game up into the elite upper echolon territory, while their's has never once showed any flashes of brilliance, and the fact that if our D plays to their potential, there is not a better one in the world. Yes, age is indeed a factor, but they still have room in the tank for one last drive.

Toews will be a great player, but he is not a game breaking scorer yet. Currently he is on pace for 57 points, the same amount Hudler (who we all know is the worst player ever to play in the NHL, and is most probably a homo despite dating a super model and getting caught with 2 hookers :rolleyes: ). Simply put, he is not an elite player yet. He will be for certain, and could break out at any given time, but right now he is bascially a more talented version of Filpulla, a great defense centermen only with the potential to hit 65 points rather than Val's 45.

Patrick Kane often gets billed as a franchise player and an elite scorer, yet he still has yet to break a ppg pace. Will he in the years to come? Of course, barring major injury/fluke, but the fact of the matter is, right now he is a basically a small ppg player, which are a dime a dozen in the NHL. Honestly I'd rather have Danny Briere of 2 years ago than Kane currently, as while Kane's ceieling is far higher, he has not yet reached that level.

Hossa is still an elite player, and Duncan Keith very well may be playing the best hockey of any active defensemen right now, but if Datsyuk and Zetterberg start firing up to their known ceiling, neither will matter. Keith currently is better than Lidstrom, but If Lidstrom currently plays to what I belive he can this offseason the gap is suddenly much smaller. Campbell, Seabrook, and Hjmarlsson(spelling) are all good, but would anyone rather have them than Kronwall, Stuart, Raffi and Ericcsson currently?

The fact of the matter is Yes the Hawks are a great team, and in a year or two will most certainly be a powerhouse, but, in my opinion, they are not there yet. Too many of their players are being hyped on their potential, potential they have yet to reach.

I can see them challanging, and even winning the Cup this year, but if they do, it will be because of injuries or failures to play at the highest possible level by teams like SJ, Pitt, NJ, and even the Wings, not because they were the best team this year, simply put because they are not. Are they more talented than the Wings? Certianly. Will they be better than us in a few years? Most probably, depending on how good are Lidstrom replacement is. But to say they are a lock to beat us is asinine, I can understand why people lack confidence, but to think of it as an impossiblity is ridiculous. A healthy DRW squad, playing up to their potential is capable of beating any team in the league, the Bhawks are no exception.

I think we know what happens to Hossa when he plays in the playoffs, period.

26 points in 20 games?

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

People in this thread who are fabricating lies and false information should be banned. Hossa never said Detroit Red Wings are not hungry and that's why he fled to Chicago. That's a bold face lie and should result in a perma-ban.

Hossa said Hawks are an upcoming team with lots of hunger. His exact quote is: ""Those guys are going to be hungry," said Hossa [about the HawksPENGUINS]. "They've got lots of experience right now from last year."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?...entryID=4211301

Fixed.

Posted the wrong link perhaps? OMG FALSE INFO!

Holy s***, banned? WTF are you talking about are you serious? I just remember him saying some s*** about how oh so hungry the Hawks are so that's why hes gone there instead, like apparently the Wings weren't? Haha s*** man chill out.

Look it you freakin' nut jobs. If Hossa is that damn special to your metro sexual man-crushes that it makes you wanna flame anyone that has the gall to question anything about the guy, then by all means... GO CHEER HIM ON IN CHICAGO! And quit flaming Wings fans that might not like him anymore. After all, we are WINGS fans, and he is no longer a Red Wing, so afaic, f*** em!

I just remember him saying some s*** about how oh so hungry the Hawks are so that's why hes gone there instead, like apparently the Wings weren't? Haha s*** man chill out.

He said the Hawks are a hungry team, that doesn't mean he things the wings aren't a hungry team. You really have to be a jealous wings fan to think he meant that. I gurantee given the choice to play here or in Chicago he'd choose here.

Holy s***, banned? WTF are you talking about are you serious? I just remember him saying some s*** about how oh so hungry the Hawks are so that's why hes gone there instead, like apparently the Wings weren't? Haha s*** man chill out.

Look it you freakin' nut jobs. If Hossa is that damn special to your metro sexual man-crushes that it makes you wanna flame anyone that has the gall to question anything about the guy, then by all means... GO CHEER HIM ON IN CHICAGO! And quit flaming Wings fans that might not like him anymore. After all, we are WINGS fans, and he is no longer a Red Wing, so afaic, f*** em!

Wow, overcompensate much?

You really have to be a jealous wings fan to think he meant that.

Jealous? heh

I am from Detroit, ya know.

Jealous of the Yankees over the Tigers? Maybe.

Jealous of the Steelers? Yea, sure. I hate watching the Lions suck for so long.

Jealous the Spurs had so many championships already when they got in the way of the Pistons from going back 2 back? - Guilty

Jealous of the Chicago Blackhawks over the Red Wings? - LOL

Wings have been our one constant for years. WTF is there any reason for me to be jealous about? When it comes to the NHL, that's the other fan's job.

Yeah, whoever isn't a Wing deserves to be hated. f*** the rest of the NHL! :rolleyes:

Also, no one is flaming you for questioning the guy. They are flaming (and I use this term loosely because it's hardly flaming) you because you don't have your facts straight.

Wow, overcompensate much?

Overcompensate? This wonderfull board has all the nice and easy to use BBCode clickes right above every box.

You'd be a fool not to use them! :D

Yeah, whoever isn't a Wing deserves to be hated. f*** the rest of the NHL!

Yea, pretty much.

I'm sorry but to me, pro sports are all about the home squad. If my team ain't in it, I may watch out of curiosity, but I can't bring myself to give a s*** about anyone other than my home teams.

I guess this makes me an *******, yea? Sorry :(

If I had to move away from my home city, yea I'm still sticking with my home team. Or if I had like a child or a brother that played for some team or school outside of my region. Or unless there was no home team close and I had to just pick a favorite team somewhere. I just don't see how people could care about other teams elsewhere. To me, it's all about sticking with the home team.

- Yes, these are my rules, I made them up and I'm stickin to em' :)

I got friends I argue about this s*** with. To me they're just bandwagon "Colt fans" or bandwagon "Yankee fans" or as we now seem to have in Detroit, bandwagon "Blackhawk fans".

Atleast your honest about being a blind homer. Nothing wrong with it, just a lot of people on this forum also appreciate hockey as a whole.

Ahh you see, your definition of a "Blind Homer" is all wrong if that's what you think I am. A "Blind Homer" would be someone like my brother, who every single year says this is the Lions year. I don't cliam my team is something it ain't or act like it's capable of something it isn't. That my friend, is a blind homer.

I'm just a die hard hometown fan.

Detroit team's in general get hated on so hard across the whole nation, I'm supposed to take that and spread love back?

So if it ain't Detroit, yea, f*** em.

Campbell, Seabrook, and Hjmarlsson(spelling) are all good, but would anyone rather have them than Kronwall, Stuart, Raffi and Ericcsson currently?

I would take Hjalmarsson over any of them and I'd take Seabrook over all of them but Kronwall.

But that Hjalmarsson kid is impressive. I hadn't really heard much of him til I saw his play in the WCF last year and he did a great job shutting us down and above all blocking shots. He will be an elite player before his career is over. Even Scotty Bowman has said so. I can't really say the same for pretty much any of our current d-men.

Edited by Tommy_Like_Wingy