• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hack & Whack Rule!

LGW SUCKS!

Rate this topic

I got the idea for this thread in another one that was started by a certain troll that's always around.

I can't figure out if there are more fans or trolls on LGW. I'm not shocked when a player's lack of production, or even just plain s***ty playing, comes up in a thread here and there, but why do we have all the threads popping up about it specifically? Bertuzzi has never been a superstar player, but we get a Bertuzzi SUCKS thread. Datsyuk, a hockey demi-God, has some issues this year and we get a Datsyuk SUCKS thread. Holmstrom is leading the team in goals so far this year, and there have been several about him.

With all the issues this team has faced this year, I'm a little glad they are doing as well as they are. We lost a few key men in the off season, and the injury goblins have visited the Wings a few times this year. Those injuries are not hitting people that wouldn't be noticed, they are the "go to guys" of this team.

Ok, end rant.

If you are still reading this, feel free to add a positive post showing your support for the greatest NHL team ever. The best there is, the best there ever was, the best there ever will be. Conversely, if you are a troll, have nothing positive to say about the Wings and their players or are a bandwagon/fair weather fan, feel free to piss right the hell off.

Cheers!

Bertuzzi... Datsyuk... Why isn't there a thread that says 'LGW SUCKS'?

That was my idea... But you had to balls to actually do something with it. More power to you.

I seriously think we should troll profile members.

Watch out people won't read the rest of your post because of your title :rolleyes:

Anyways, I've been really impressed with Abdelkaders play. He's stepping up and I think it's only a matter of time before we start seeing him more often on the score sheet.

We lost a few key men in the off season

I don't see why people act like this is such a different team than the one that won a cup 2 years ago. Screw Hossa and his 40 regular season goals. We won with out him, lost with him, why do people act like this team is so worse off than our CUP winning team? Was Hudler really that big of a player in people's minds? Kopecky? The Shinguard assassin himself, Sameulson?

I don't get it, wtf is wrong with people? This team, AS IS (when healthy of course), is fully capable of making another serious deep run. Why not? Was Kopecky or Sameluson or Hudler or even all 3 really that key to our success the past few years?

NO

I got the idea for this thread in another one that was started by a certain troll that's always around.

I can't figure out if there are more fans or trolls on LGW. I'm not shocked when a player's lack of production, or even just plain s***ty playing, comes up in a thread here and there, but why do we have all the threads popping up about it specifically? Bertuzzi has never been a superstar player, but we get a Bertuzzi SUCKS thread. Datsyuk, a hockey demi-God, has some issues this year and we get a Datsyuk SUCKS thread. Holmstrom is leading the team in goals so far this year, and there have been several about him.

With all the issues this team has faced this year, I'm a little glad they are doing as well as they are. We lost a few key men in the off season, and the injury goblins have visited the Wings a few times this year. Those injuries are not hitting people that wouldn't be noticed, they are the "go to guys" of this team.

Ok, end rant.

If you are still reading this, feel free to add a positive post showing your support for the greatest NHL team ever. The best there is, the best there ever was, the best there ever will be. Conversely, if you are a troll, have nothing positive to say about the Wings and their players or are a bandwagon/fair weather fan, feel free to piss right the hell off.

Cheers!

During the off season we lost

Hossa

Sammy

Hudler

Conklin

and Kopecky

we currently have out on longterm injury

Franzen

Fillpula

Williams

Lilja

Kronwall

Cleary

And we are only TWO POINTS out of a playoff spot after 31 games (37% through the season).

We are NOT doing badly and we WILL make the playoffs.

What this run has really shown me is the number of bandwagon fans that the Wings have.

I expect great things starting in January when the guys start coming back.

I agree, if you come on here just to say that "so and so sucks", don't waste our time. Go watch the NBA or something....

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. ;) Sammy and Hudler in particular scored a lot of big goals for the Wings in both Cup Finals runs.

Hudler was pretty much nonexistent after he got rocked by Mike Brown in the 2nd round last year.

And Sammy? I think he did score 1 big OT goal in the WCF last year, yea? I'll give em that. But I got a hard time getting those F'n goal posts from the Finals out of my head.

Either way I truly think we are no worse for ware without any of them. If our team wasn't decimated by all these injuries right now, the Wings would like usual, be 1st in the Central where we belong and all this talk would be a none issue.

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. ;) Sammy and Hudler in particular scored a lot of big goals for the Wings in both Cup Finals runs.

Exactly what I've been saying for some time. I'm not big on stats and official numbers. Yes, they tell what's going on, but I'm more into the intangibles that can't be measured. The team spirit, cooperation and line chemistry can't be ignored. Watching Hudler track the puck into the corner, get wasted by some dude who happens to be six inches taller and then getting back up to chase the puck down again isn't something that can be tracked.

Hudler was pretty much nonexistent after he got rocked by Mike Brown in the 2nd round last year.

And Sammy? I think he did score 1 big OT goal in the WCF last year, yea? I'll give em that. But I got a hard time getting those F'n goal posts from the Finals out of my head.

Hudler also had a GWG and a goal in Game 7 after that hit versus the Ducks, that to go along with his GWG in the Finals the previous year in that critical Game 4. Sammy less of a factor after his OT goal but let's not forget his tour de force in Game 1 of the Finals the year before.

Life goes on without them, but for role players they certainly made their marks and contributed heavily to the Wings' success the last two playoff years.

I love Patrick Eaves. I was very happy when we signed him and I couldn't understand why people still found a way to complain about a guy signing what is basically an AHL contract.

He works his ass off, leading in +/-, and I hope we resign him long term because I want to get his jersey.

Hudler also had a GWG and a goal in Game 7 after that hit versus the Ducks, that to go along with his GWG in the Finals the previous year in that critical Game 4. Sammy less of a factor after his OT goal but let's not forget his tour de force in Game 1 of the Finals the year before.

Life goes on without them, but for role players they certainly made their marks and contributed heavily to the Wings' success the last two playoff years.

So you're basically talking about a sum total of 4 or 5 goals out of 8 rounds of playoff hockey. I'm sure there's a few more we're not mentioning, and I'm a firm believer any goal in the playoffs is a huge goal. But I gotta believe with our current full roster healthy and on the ice, any of the roll players we have now will fare just as well as anyone that left.

Do you really think Kopecky, Hudler or Sammy would be flourishing right now without the Mule, Kronwall or Flip? I doubt it.

So you're basically talking about a sum total of 4 or 5 goals out of 8 rounds of playoff hockey.

Close to 20 between the two of them.

But I gotta believe with our current full roster healthy and on the ice, any of the roll players we have now will fare just as well as anyone that left. Do you really think Kopecky, Hudler or Sammy would be flourishing right now without the Mule, Kronwall or Flip? I doubt it.

I think we'd be doing better than with Leino and Bert (despite the nice game he had last night), but that wasn't my original contention, if we go way back -- that the two were excellent role players that delivered in key moments and that certainly can't be overlooked.

Close to 20 between the two of them.

I think we'd be doing better than with Leino and Bert (despite the nice game he had last night), but that wasn't my original contention, if we go way back -- that the two were excellent role players that delivered in key moments and that certainly can't be overlooked.

So the two of them together averaged a little over 2 goals per round over the last 8 rounds of playoff hockey, albeit a few big ones. I see your point, but I still think people are being paranoid and given the chance, the roll players we have now can accomplish the same thing with our healthy roster on the ice to make them better, as was the case with Hud's and Sammy.

There should be a thread that is stickied named "Wing's SUCK". We could use it as bait to lure all the trolls into that one thread so we never have to read their god awful posts.

Our young guys are playing above expectations in my opinion.

Guest ZetterbergFourty

I've got something postive to add to this.

I'm quite impressed how well the team is doing considering the depth chart has taken an absolute pounding.

Guys like Bertuzzi and Helm as of most recently are stepping up and contributing offensively.

I think this is the year -someotherteam- finally overtakes the Central, but the Wings will still make the playoffs.

Guest ZetterbergFourty
On a positive note we can shake off some bandwagon fans off this year.

:lol::thumbup: