• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hack & Whack Rule!

LGW SUCKS!

Rate this topic

I assume you MUST be referring to his post-canuck career. If not, you must have a short memory. Considering this guy was a back to back 50 goal scorer with the nucks. Bert was absolutely a superstar back then.

i couldn't let something like this go. thats not at all true. not at all.

he has NEVER scored 50 goals in a season in the nhl. and only ONCE has he ever scored 40!

only twice has he ever been a point per game player. thats not a superstar. for 2 seasons he was near the top of the league statistically. the worst part? he was arguably never the best player on his line! naslund was better statistically both years!

i think bertuzzi is a great example of a guy that can live off of a misplaced reputation. he has played 15 seasons now, and in all but 2 of them he was pretty much a role player.

Just a misunderstanding of what a superstar actually is. In a 2 year span his was top 3 and top 5 in scoring, if that's not a superstar then neither is Datsyuk by definition. (Not saying Bertuzzi>Datsyuk, just saying Datsyuk has only been in top 5 of scoring twice).

Just a misunderstanding of what a superstar actually is. In a 2 year span his was top 3 and top 5 in scoring, if that's not a superstar then neither is Datsyuk by definition. (Not saying Bertuzzi>Datsyuk, just saying Datsyuk has only been in top 5 of scoring twice).

good point in theory. however, i believe that datsyuk has done more than bertuzzi. datsyuk has won the selke, was nominated for the hart (i dont recall bert doing that, but its been a while since those seasons!) and won a cup. none of those things bertuzzi accomplished. additionally, datsyuk still has the ability to put together a few more statistically dominant seasons. datsyuk has been a PPG player for the last 4 years and is just shy of being a PPG player for his career. and i know you don't like +/- but pavel is a +163 for his career while bertuzzi is a -44

so while bertuzzi put together 2 good seasons, datsyuk has been a very good player for 5 or 6 seasons now. i think that qualifies him for superstar status much more than bertuzzi.

good point in theory. however, i believe that datsyuk has done more than bertuzzi. datsyuk has won the selke, was nominated for the hart (i dont recall bert doing that, but its been a while since those seasons!) and won a cup. none of those things bertuzzi accomplished. additionally, datsyuk still has the ability to put together a few more statistically dominant seasons. datsyuk has been a PPG player for the last 4 years and is just shy of being a PPG player for his career. and i know you don't like +/- but pavel is a +163 for his career while bertuzzi is a -44

so while bertuzzi put together 2 good seasons, datsyuk has been a very good player for 5 or 6 seasons now. i think that qualifies him for superstar status much more than bertuzzi.

Dats played his whole career on an all-star team(not to take anything away from him). Bert played for a terrible Islanders team an above average at best Canucks team that would be nothing without that one line and a terrible Florida team. Other then playing for the Wing's and Duck's one year and an underachieving Flame's team he hasn't had the best environments consistently through his career.

Guest ZetterbergFourty
the thread "LGW SUCKS!" sucks

Damn.. cant puck handle, shoot, skate.. f***in useless trade this bum! :lol:

Dats played his whole career on an all-star team(not to take anything away from him). Bert played for a terrible Islanders team an above average at best Canucks team that would be nothing without that one line and a terrible Florida team. Other then playing for the Wing's and Duck's one year and an underachieving Flame's team he hasn't had the best environments consistently through his career.

while that is unfortunate, it really has nothing to do with whether or not bertuzzi was a superstar... heck, how many montreal players are hall of famers just because of being part of a well oiled machine that the canadians had going?

and in all fairness, the canucks had some decent teams. they made the playoffs 4 years in a row while bert was there. unfortunately cloutier was not that great so that held them back from being more successful.

i think the context of the teams they played for would be much more valid if we were trying to debate who was the better player or who had the better career. i was not the one that brought up dats, i just wanted to note that while they may have both been top 5 in scoring twice, there isn't a whole lot of other similarities in their careers.

I must say, I'm a member of many different online forums ranging from car forums to lawn care, and LGW by FAR has the largest collection of immature, name-calling, argumentative a##holes over the others....so I do agree with the title of this thread to a point, lol. I guess it's to be expected when dealing with sports though, as sports in general attract a large a##hole base, why would an online forum be any different?

I continue to visit these forums to read the GDT's - they are well put together and informative, which I really like. Kudos to the guys that create them! I just can't stand the immature jerks that start ridiculous threads and complain about ANYTHING when things are going a little south for the Wings. It is ridiculous to the point of being comical....

No. It would just be a bunch of kiss asses who are afraid to ever criticize the team. Like a bunch of boring robots.

Members here are perfectly capable of criticizing the team constructively. Well, as constructive as can be on an internet forum. I don't really consider that drama. I just consider that normal conversation. When I think of drama, I think of those who constantly bait members with their ninety sux, Hudler is a second line center gimmicks. It's as if they work for LGW and they're trying to increase traffic on here because it somehow increases revenue.

Members here are perfectly capable of criticizing the team constructively. Well, as constructive as can be on an internet forum. I don't really consider that drama. I just consider that normal conversation. When I think of drama, I think of those who constantly bait members with their ninety sux, Hudler is a second line center gimmicks. It's as if they work for LGW and they're trying to increase traffic on here because it somehow increases revenue.

Yeah, but that's like saying bars would be better places if people controlled their drinking more wisely.

However, then the bars wouldn't be as raunchy and fun as people want them to be.

Wings fans overreact more than most fans in sports, and that's what makes us different. It's a product of winning for many seasons and not settling for anything less than the Cup.

You have to take the good with the bad.

A couple people have posted on my comment that Bertuzzi was never a superstar. Someone posted about his 50 goal seasons while in Vancouver.

To Clarify:

01-02 with the Canucks, 36 goals, 49 assists.

02-03 with the Canucks, 46 goals, 51 assists.

Awesome seasons for sure, but those were his best as far as production. He has never had a 50 goal season.

My use of the term superstar may have been wrong as well. By that, I meant no disrespect to him, but he won the Most Exciting Player award with the Canucks four times, I believe and I think he made the All Star team twice. I may be wrong, I'm working off memory on that one. What I meant was that he wasn't a perennial shoe-in for the A-S team, he hasn't won the Selke or the Hart trophies or any of that other s***. The dude's got hustle when he's on his game, and his last two games shows he's working his ass off. Good for him.

As for the rest of the posts, I'm glad they have, for the most part, been in a positive light. I'm glad that you guys are still out there willing to show support for the Wings, instead of running them down when they need the fans most.

Bertuzzi does suck. It just happens that he finally had two games in a row where he wasn't a bump on a log.

He doesn't suck. He's a pretty decent 3rd line player on what is (right now with the injuries) a mediocre team.

17 points in 32 games and -5.

The problem is that we have him playing on the first line with one of the best players in the game and he is not that good.

He had 2 great seasons in 2001-2002 and 2002-2003 when he had 36 and 46 goals but he is not that player anymore.

For $1M per year, he's worth the money.

It's all about expectations. He is not the Bertuzzi of 2002-2003 so it's not fair to compare him to that and we are not paying him to be that guy.

Personally I think criticism is fine, in fact, it's American. Ranting is good too, but in moderation. Homerism is not to be admired.

Any way, to comply with the OP's request, I think that one good thing about this year is the Wings are for the first time in a long long time dealing with adversity in the regular season and, I think, can be a better team for it in every way. Already we have seen Draper step up with some leadership and management, coaching and players all know there is nothing guaranteed this year. I think they are going to pull it together, make the playoffs and and make a strong showing in the playoffs.

while that is unfortunate, it really has nothing to do with whether or not bertuzzi was a superstar... heck, how many montreal players are hall of famers just because of being part of a well oiled machine that the canadians had going?

and in all fairness, the canucks had some decent teams. they made the playoffs 4 years in a row while bert was there. unfortunately cloutier was not that great so that held them back from being more successful.

i think the context of the teams they played for would be much more valid if we were trying to debate who was the better player or who had the better career. i was not the one that brought up dats, i just wanted to note that while they may have both been top 5 in scoring twice, there isn't a whole lot of other similarities in their careers.

Hijack-No.gif

This is, imho, one of the biggest problems on LGW. There are a handful of folks that will hijack a thread in a heartbeat and pound the same opinion in every thread that they post in. How hard is it to understand? Stay on topic. Don't make LGW suck.

Edited by HOCKEY MATTERS

Hijack-No.gif

This is, imho, one of the biggest problems on LGW. There are a handful of folks that will hijack a thread in a heartbeat and pound the same opinion in every thread that they post in. How hard is it to understand? Stay on topic. Don't make LGW suck.

how did i hijack the thread? someone posted false information about bertuzzi having 2 50 goal seasons. i pointed out that it was false. then carmen started comparing him to datsyuk so i responded. that is not thread hijacking, that is allowing the conversation to flow as it should.

heck maybe if there weren't 50 different bertuzzi threads, then there wouldnt be a problem with all the posts being bertuzzi related!

how did i hijack the thread? someone posted false information about bertuzzi having 2 50 goal seasons. i pointed out that it was false. then carmen started comparing him to datsyuk so i responded. that is not thread hijacking, that is allowing the conversation to flow as it should.

heck maybe if there weren't 50 different bertuzzi threads, then there wouldnt be a problem with all the posts being bertuzzi related!

I wasn't blasting you in particular... you didn't hijack it.....should have been more clear. Just trying to make the point that the majority of threads are hijacked by a handful of people. Some folks around here have no etiquette skills.