• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
gcom007

Milestone Watch - Chris Osgood Approaching 400 Career Wins

Rate this topic

I can't believe it's taken 1 day shy of a year to reach the eve of 400 wins. Long time coming, but it feels good to say...

399!!!

1 more win...this will be a huge accomplishment.

The big question is when will it be? I really hope Babcock gives him an opportunity to do it at home. Monday, Wednesday or Sunday. I'd be fine with any of those!

399!!!

That would be awesome; the Ozzie chant at the end of the game could be deafening.

The big question is when will it be? I really hope Babcock gives him an opportunity to do it at home. Monday, Wednesday or Sunday. I'd be fine with any of those!

What if he gets it next week in St Louis? How do the Bitter Blues feel about Ozzie?

vs St Louis on Wednesday would be a perfect way to get 400.

Worst case scenario, I'm sure Babcock would toss Osgood in at home on New Year's Even against the Isles for the free win. I think he'll win one before that though.

Edited by digitaljohn88

It's sad that when I first looked at this thread and saw it was posted December 12 and had Ozzie at 397 wins, I was thinking that the poster was way off the count since obviously he is at 399. Then I saw that it said 2009 . . . :blush: Ha ha!

I really want Ozzie to play on Wednesday against the Blues because I'll be there for that game. I'm on stand-by as to what jersey to wear--30 or 35--for that night, and I really hope it's 30. Get it done, Babs, so this man can have 400 before Christmas!

1.Martin Brodeur, 602

2.Patrick Roy, 551

3.Ed Belfour, 484

4.Curtis Joseph, 454

5.Terry Sawchuk, 447

6.Jacques Plante, 437

7.Tony Esposito, 423

8.Glenn Hall, 407

9.Grant Fuhr, 403

These are the guys ahead of him now, he'll probably end up 8th all time, but I think he has an outside chance at passing Esposito. He's in pretty good company here - all of them are destined for the HOF if they're not there already.

Even though Ozzie's struggles are well documented, he has always been consistent and you can't ask much more of a NHL goaltender than that.

Osgood is a compiler, giving Ws to goalies is stupid, the whole team wins, not just a goalie. If you give Wins to goalies, why not defensemen? Lidstrom has got to have over 800 wins easily.

Edited by Reds4Life

Osgood is a compiler, giving Ws to goalies is stupid, the whole team wins, not just a goalie. If you give Wins to goalies, why not defensemen? Lidstrom has got to have over 800 wins easily.

Who pissed in your chelios?

Just bumping because he is slated for the start Sunday. Go for it Ozzie!!!! Might grab some tickets for this one with this bit of news coming out.

Go for it, I just did. I want to be part of the big cheers he gets for it, just hope the guys make it happen for him.