• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rick Zombos Ghost

Aaron Ward on waivers

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

Ward is lazy and he sucks..

Erhm he was good last year but has been brutal this year.

Edited by mindfly

I'd be for it, except his cap hit is $2.5 million per year. If the Wings can't even afford to call someone up to be a healthy scratch (with all the looming contracts going to hit the books when our five injured guys come back), then how could possibly pay Ward that. If he cleared waivers, we could work out a minimum deal with him, but again, I don't think Holland will (or can) add anyone.

Such is the new NHL...

Ward has the skillset to be a good defensive defenseman, whether or not he executes that is the question. He's just one part of a larger piece that hasn't performed well this season at all. Wonder what they think of Maurice now...

How close would the team be (salary cap wise) if they waived Lebda, Meech or both? Is he worth it? Maybe over Lebda imo.

edited for clarity

Edited by ltgator333

That's all they can do with him?

He's a champion, and has been wearing the 'A' for a while on a couple different teams, someone must be able to use that veteran leadership. He must have been exceptional bad this season.

If he cleared waivers, we could work out a minimum deal with him, but again, I don't think Holland will (or can) add anyone.

Such is the new NHL...

No, you can't. The cheapest you could get him would be re-entry waivers at half-price.

if he cleared waivers, which i think he will.... won't teams need to trade for him?? would carolina take Leino?? ;-)

No. If he clears waivers, he'll be assigned to Albany of the AHL. Once he gets there, he can be placed on re-entry waivers.

I remember him being a tough SOB in Detroit... He would get a puck in the face or something along those lines on few occasions and never lied on the ice, he took the shot and got right back up and skated right to the bench and shook it off or even went right back into play. I loved him in Detroit, oh plus he's a Windsor boy. :)

I remember him being a tough SOB in Detroit... He would get a puck in the face or something along those lines on few occasions and never lied on the ice, he took the shot and got right back up and skated right to the bench and shook it off or even went right back into play. I loved him in Detroit, oh plus he's a Windsor boy. :)

I wouldnt mind seeing him back in Hockeytown.Bring em all back!Trade Ville Leino for Slava Kozlov!Get Lapointe,Murph and McCarty to give it one more chance.id love it!

No, you can't. The cheapest you could get him would be re-entry waivers at half-price.

If he is placed on unconditional waivers, and every team passes, then Carolina can terminate his contract and make him a UFA. At that point, ditch Lebda and sign Ward? Damn right.

Canes won't term him though.

If he is placed on unconditional waivers, and every team passes, then Carolina can terminate his contract and make him a UFA. At that point, ditch Lebda and sign Ward? Damn right.

Canes won't term him though.

by term, you mean buy him out, right? because there is no cutting of contract players in the NHL... they must be compensated.

by term, you mean buy him out, right? because there is no cutting of contract players in the NHL... they must be compensated.

If a player is placed on unconditional waivers and all teams pass him by, the player's contract can then be terminated. As I understand it, the team must still pay the player all guaranteed monies (bonuses not included) but it is not the same as a buyout. A recent example is Brendan Shanahan, who re-signed with New Jersey and then had his deal termed after the coach, GM, and player agreed that Shanahan's role on the team would not be what any of the three were looking for.

If a player is placed on unconditional waivers and all teams pass him by, the player's contract can then be terminated. As I understand it, the team must still pay the player all guaranteed monies (bonuses not included) but it is not the same as a buyout. A recent example is Brendan Shanahan, who re-signed with New Jersey and then had his deal termed after the coach, GM, and player agreed that Shanahan's role on the team would not be what any of the three were looking for.

ok, semantics really then - that would still be considered a buyout per the new CBA, it just isn't executed in the lump sum payout...