• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Z Winged Dangler

Drew Miller

Rate this topic

I just wanted to note that I don't think Miller has the scoring upside that Cleary had coming into Detroit. A guy like Eaves better suits that comparison.

Miller's scoring upside is similar to a guy like Malty or Draper's.

Cleary

2005-2006, 77games, 3 goals, 12 assists, 15 points, +5

2006-2007, 71 games, 20 goals, 20 assists, 40 points, +6

Miller (with the Wings)

2009-2010, 18 games, 4 goals, 2 assists, +6 (after another goal last night)

2010-2011.....? we'll see.

Cleary took a year to really fit in with the wings and find his groove, but if you want to compare him to Draper...he had 24 goals and 40 points that one year, so i'll take that from miller :thumbup:

Both of those bastards have bloomed nicely. Love their work out there.

agreed 100% - even with his solid play (this is not a knock on Williams point), I really hope Eaves and Miller stay in and Williams and Leino out once everyone is healthy...

agreed 100% - even with his solid play (this is not a knock on Williams point), I really hope Eaves and Miller stay in and Williams and Leino out once everyone is healthy...

AHHHHHH, no... this will NEVER happen... Williams will, and should, play when he is healthy, period.

I think Miller has come in and done an unbeleiveable job considering what I'd imagine most woudl have expected from him coming off waivers from Tampa. He has 4 goals and 3 assists in 20 games and he plays a hard working game. This guy can kill penalties, is a plus 6 (only 2 behidn the team lead) and continues to improve each game.

Patrick Eaves fits the same mold. With such low expectations coming into this season he has done absolutely everything right to earn another contract for next year. This guy busts his ass, forechecks, skates hard, creates chances, kills penalties and is starting to look a little like the rookie Ottawa loved a few years ago. Having 4 goals and 6 assists through 26 games is really unbelieveable for a guy that was dumped by Carolina only to be bought out by Boston. If Eaves ends up with 25-30 points this season, which is about on pace for, then I'd have to say that signing was a huge success.

I would hate to see either of these guys not stay in the line up when our injured players return and I would hate it even more to lose them in the off season. The good news is that both players are RFAs at season's end.

AHHHHHH, no... this will NEVER happen... Williams will, and should, play when he is healthy, period.

I really liked Williams on the power play (not that we got to see very much of it). I didn't like his play the first time he was here but I think he has gotten better since then.

In case anyone is unsure, I like Drew Miller. I think the kid will be in the NHL for many years to come. He has a great positive attitude and works his butt off.

As long as he keeps that up, he has a very good chance to make himself a good career in Detroit.

I really liked Williams on the power play (not that we got to see very much of it). I didn't like his play the first time he was here but I think he has gotten better since then.

Yeah, Williams was pretty good here, at least offensively. He is not a complete disaster defensively, but could use a bit of work.

Edited by cjm502

Guest mindfly
I think Miller has come in and done an unbeleiveable job considering what I'd imagine most woudl have expected from him coming off waivers from Tampa. He has 4 goals and 3 assists in 20 games and he plays a hard working game. This guy can kill penalties, is a plus 6 (only 2 behidn the team lead) and continues to improve each game.

Patrick Eaves fits the same mold. With such low expectations coming into this season he has done absolutely everything right to earn another contract for next year. This guy busts his ass, forechecks, skates hard, creates chances, kills penalties and is starting to look a little like the rookie Ottawa loved a few years ago. Having 4 goals and 6 assists through 26 games is really unbelieveable for a guy that was dumped by Carolina only to be bought out by Boston. If Eaves ends up with 25-30 points this season, which is about on pace for, then I'd have to say that signing was a huge success.

I would hate to see either of these guys not stay in the line up when our injured players return and I would hate it even more to lose them in the off season. The good news is that both players are RFAs at season's end.

Easy now, a certain #5 is a +20, quite remarkable considering how awful they have played most of the season.

Easy now, a certain #5 is a +20, quite remarkable considering how awful they have played most of the season.

Well I'm not sure holding Norris Nick's +Twenty is fair to our boy Drew,actually it's not fair to anyone lol Nick is a Phenom

Unfortunately I don't have access to those stats. They definitely aren't on the NHL.com site. I know they do exist because Bruce MacLeod has did the statistical analysis of individual players on the PK earlier in the year.

The hockey writers guild has access to sweet stats. Bastards.

Guest Four

Ata boy miller with the two points last night!

We should be increasing this guys role if he's getting more points

He looked good when he was out there with Fil and Bert towards the end. Not sure if it was the line or caught between lines (I was watching Celtics suck ass at the same time).

He is playing very well, I could really see a future line of Miller(Eaves too really) Helm Abby playing real well.

It seems to me that he'd be a perfect type of player to add to the 4th line for awhile. He's kind of what the Wings wanted Kopecky to be; a guy who can play well defensively and can be slotted in on a higher line should injuries occur. I hope the Wings decide to sign both he and Eaves up in the off-season, they've really helped the PK out.

20100313210159_2010-0313-dg-wings0300.jpg

A look at some other topics Red Wings senior vice president Jim Devellano touched upon:

• On forward Drew Miller : "My initial reaction was, if he was put on waivers by Tampa Bay, how good could he be? He's been an excellent, excellent, excellent pickup. He's one of the reasons we did hang in there when we had the injuries."

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20100316/OPINION03/3160330/1128/sports0103/Jim-Devellano-likes-Wings--resiliency#ixzz0iJVbe7gl