• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Echolalia

Red Wing Karma and Superstition Thread

Rate this topic

This year has, by far, been the craziest year to be a Wings fan with all the players we have lost, cold stars, etc etc. I have been racking my brain for weeks trying to figure out exactly what the team has done to deserve all this crap and then it hit me: someone bozo fan out there totally isn't doing their daily rituals. So fess up, which one of you is messing with the superstitions and causing all these injuries???

On the event that nobody confesses to such a heinous crime, I propose that we all double the amount of superstitious activity to make up for the bad karma of the slacker. As dangerous as it is, the only way may be to explore additional rituals before, during, and after games and hope that we don't run into something that's bad luck. Should a bad ritual possibly be discovered, it must immediately be reported so no other fans fall into it. And as I'm sure we're all aware, superstitions are very delicate things, having ties to the stars and the weather, the lifestyles of individual fans, as well as the NHL scheduling system. A good ritual one day may very well become a bad one a week later. We need to stay on top of this or we'll be paying 90 bucks a pop to watch the Griffins play at the Joe.

Anyway, I've already started doing my part by not watching intermission reports. I have also started another ritual but I fear that the luck that it brings will backfire if I mention it. I have one of those feelings. I believe that it is working to an extent (as well as the player watch threads, they seem to be good luck), but we need to keep on trucking if we're going to turn the injury boat around.

Guest Lidstromboli

Columbus%20Blue%20Jackets%20v%20Phoenix%20Coyotes%2084pmXvOhw-yl.jpg

[object detected]

[scanning]

[cannot identify]

[system reboot]

[scanning]

[cheeseburger identified]

[commence eating]

Bert equals bad karma, bad juju, the hockey gods are not happy.

Then he shall no longer be called Bert. Henceforth, he shall be known as Suzie. (Rhymes with Bertuzzi. Even the dense amongst us should be able to remember it.)

Thus it is written; so shall it be.

I was rotating my jerseys at the start of the year, then I started with my Hoodie, another T-shirt, anything that could stop the slide.

I went back to the jerseys, started with my red Hank, and they got the first ot winner from Suzie, second game another ot winner from Suzie, so I told the Fiancee, this is the jersey don't let me forget.

I have been wearing the red Hank for games ever since!

Score?

Haha, that would be awesome, he'd be like the little retarded kid. The play is dead, everyone is at center ice brawling, and Leino skates down the ice obliviously and shoots it into an empty net. Then, maybe he jumps into the glass like Ovechkin to celebrate.

They started winning once I started wearing my striped vintage jersey. Since they've been winning I haven't washed it and I only wear it on game days. My other jerseys were hit and miss. So I will continue to wear the striped one, I apologize for dropping the ball, guys.

I have a cursed Lidstrom jersey. I have no idea why it is cursed but every time that I wear it we lose. Except for when Lids got 1,000 points- I was wearing it that day so that he would break it. But ever since that I have to alternate between my Red Zata and my Alternate Winter Classic Franzen one (which I do not wear except for special occasions, because Mr. Mule is out.)

I had forever sworn off Suzie the game before he lit on fire. He never finished checks, always drop-passed to no one, and never drove the net. After my tirade to my G/F about him, he ripped it up the next game. Maybe I need to lay into a few others.

Guest mindfly

Maybe I'm the culprit, I wore a red wing jersey for every game during the 07-08 and 08-09 season but decided not to continue with it after the fail ending last season... hmmm