• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest micah

Mickey Redmond appreciation thread.

Rate this topic

Guest micah

For as long as I can remember, this guy has been doing comentary for hockey games (not just Wings games). I appreciate his insight - even when he repeats himself - I find it endearing - and I love the enthusiasm that he still brings after all these years. I love everything about the guy. His lunchbucket attitude, his Mickeyisms, everything. He's also a tough SOB, what with his having chunks of both lungs removed. I will be a very sad panda when he does his last game, whether it's this year or in 25 years.

Thanks for the Bingo Bangos, Mickey.

Guest mindfly

Mickey Redmond is awesome...but he sure is a homer but that's just nice imo...If someone really tries and remove the red wing googles maybe this isn't far from the truth

Quote by some random canadian:

"Red Wings announcers (Ken Daniels and Mickey Redmond) are horrible. Redmond is just a whiney old man that has no objectivity or adds any insight into the game, and now has dragged Daniels to be a habitual complainer. Red Wings get away with more obstruction, interference, holding and hooking than any team in the league…but if a call isn't made when the opponent does this, all you hear about for the next ten minutes are rants of whining and complaining by these two. Red Wings need to hire some announcers that show a little bit of class"

Edited by mindfly

Mickey Redmond is awesome...but he sure is a homer but that's just nice imo...If someone really tries and remove the red wing googles maybe this isn't far from the truth

Quote by some random canadian:

"Red Wings announcers (Ken Daniels and Mickey Redmond) are horrible. Redmond is just a whiney old man that has no objectivity or adds any insight into the game, and now has dragged Daniels to be a habitual complainer. Red Wings get away with more obstruction, interference, holding and hooking than any team in the league�€�but if a call isn't made when the opponent does this, all you hear about for the next ten minutes are rants of whining and complaining by these two. Red Wings need to hire some announcers that show a little bit of class"

I don't mind him, but that stupid song he did that they play at the games needs to be deleted. It is horrible!

Also, nice to see him traveling w/ the team more this year.

Metallica - Whisey in the Jaro. Well it starts in the jar!

That was great!

Mickey is hilarious and awesome. And if he complains about the officiating, he is usually right. He hates when the barely noticeable, worthless stuff is called and he will let everyone know about it whether the wings benefit from or are on the receiving end of it and i agree with him.

Hold on to your gingerales, folks!

Guest zackmorris

I get how fans of other teams wouldn't like Mick.

The truth hurts.

He doesn't care what he sounds like, he calls it how it is. What is it with people not liking when people complain about refs? Even when it's completely warranted, it's like it's taboo. Like people don't want to be labelled complainers.

Well guess what-it's all we do here. We can't stop bitching about Lebda and whatever other player doesn't perform up to par, but refs? Ohhh no, we can't be whiners, lest we lose face. Sorry but that's f***in ridiculous because tonight, those were the Brett Lebda of officials. No doubt about it and if Mick wants to call it like that, I don't care.

I don't like complaining about officials when it isn't warranted. But when it clearly is, I'm all for it. I hold refs to the same standards I do players.

Love him. Grew up Listening to Him and Dave Strader.....Sometimes, if I have a coyotes game on, and I'm not really paying attention, (doing something on the computer, maybe) after hearing dave Straders voice, sometimes It plays tricks on my mind and I assume I'm watching a wings game.....when I turn around and I see the Coyotes, I have to rack my brain to figure out what's going on.....then remind myself that the wings have a "new" voice.....I only started watching Hockey in 93, So I only got a few years of Strader and Mickey together....but it's funny how I still associate Dave Straders voice with Red Wings Hockey, and probably always will.....Glad to be able to still enjoy the OTHER voice that I associate with Red Wings Hockey.

For as long as I can remember, this guy has been doing comentary for hockey games (not just Wings games). I appreciate his insight - even when he repeats himself - I find it endearing - and I love the enthusiasm that he still brings after all these years. I love everything about the guy. His lunchbucket attitude, his Mickeyisms, everything. He's also a tough SOB, what with his having chunks of both lungs removed. I will be a very sad panda when he does his last game, whether it's this year or in 25 years.

Thanks for the Bingo Bangos, Mickey.

Couldn't agree more. Let's hope Mickey continues to do games for years to come. There will never be another Mickey Redmond. One of a kind, a class act. And let's not forget he was the Red Wings first EVER 50 goal scorer (unbelievable considering how long we had Gordy).

Mickey Redmond forever!!!

Seconded on Strader, as well.

Love Mick. He laughs throughout the game at various points, and it's the kind of genuine laugh that tells you he really enjoys watching the game.

I have had some form of Center Ice for years now, and any Canadian bashing Mickey and Ken as blatant homers who add nothing to the game seriously need to SHUT THE f*** UP. Canadian broadcasts are the WORST homers in the biz. It is HILARIOUS, and kind of sad at the same time.

Mickey and Ken are a great combo. Redmond is like the uncle or grandad you wish you had (or would wish to be as you get older! :scared: )

Anyone calling him a homer is an idiot. One of the things about Mickey and Ken is that they do try to be fair "Redwings got away with one there" etc. You wanna listen to homerism, listen to Nashville, Columbus and Anaheim broadcasts, or any HNIC commentary featuring a Canadian team against a US one.