riples187h.png
91412_feature.jpg
DET Chris Osgood
7-5-1, 2.70 GAA, .900 SV %, 1 SO

chi_g_cristobal_300.jpg
CHI Cristobal Huet
15-7-2, 2.09 GAA, .913 SV %, 2 SO

riples187i.png
DET Henrik Zetterberg (separated shoulder) out, Jonathan Ericsson (knee) out, Dan Cleary (separated shoulder) out, Niklas Kronwall (sprained left MCL) out, Jason Williams (fractured right fibula) out, Valtteri Filppula (broken wrist) out,
Johan Franzen (torn ACL) out, Andreas Lilja (concussion) out

CHI Niklas Hjalmarsson (illness) questionable, Dave Bolland (back) out, Adam Burish (knee) out

Next Game
CHI.gif
12/23, Blackhawks at Red Wings ; 7:30 EST, Joe Louis Arena

14 to 3

Where did this 14-3 business start? Cracks me up every time, even after seeing it for a few years now. I especially liked last season, or the season prior when someone pointed out that the Wings have a better chance of winning 14-3 than the Lions do.

Biggest game of the season by far. I'd love to see Bertuzzi and Pavel continue there strong play, and Ozzie needs to raise his game and play the Hawks like it's April. Plus, May-Eager, and Janik/Newbury-Kopecky will be some good bouts. If Stuart scrambles Hossa/Kopeckys brains it'd be a plus as well

I think the Wings may lose this one. I think Chicago is out for blood after last year. With Hossa back, they will be looking to get some for sure. With our depleted lineup, I'm not sure if we can hang. We will for certain have to outwork them. I hope we don't lose the next 2 games and go 0-3 in these 3 games.

Lidstrom-Meech

Janik-Rafalski

Lebda-Stuart

With these pairings what can go wrong? :lol:

Add to that a 2nd line made up of 4th liners and we're golden. :lol:

Seriously, though, I care less about the points than I do shutting up smug "our time has come, old man" Chicago bandwagoners.

Also:

DET Henrik Zetterberg (separated shoulder) out, Jonathan Ericsson (knee) out, Dan Cleary (separated shoulder) out, Niklas Kronwall (sprained left MCL) out, Jason Williams (fractured right fibula) out, Valtteri Filppula (broken wrist) out,

Johan Franzen (torn ACL) out, Andreas Lilja (concussion) out

Seriously? WTF? Have you guys ever seen this many long-term injuries to a team's best players? 67% of our top 6 is injured and 50% of our top 6 defense is injured. lollerskates. After the injuries in the playoffs I thought God hated the Wings. And now it's not looking any brighter.

With these pairings what can go wrong? :lol:

Add to that a 2nd line made up of 4th liners and we're golden. :lol:

Seriously, though, I care less about the points than I do shutting up smug "our time has come, old man" Chicago bandwagoners.

You'll never escape it. I'm actually posting from a hotel in Chicago right now and let me tell you, you CAN'T escape it. I have a standard question that I ask every Blackhawk fan when they say they aren't bandwagoners. Who led your team in points in the 06-07 season Kane or Toews? Not one person out of the now 11 people have said the right answer. Neither player was even in the league yet. :lol:

You'll never escape it. I'm actually posting from a hotel in Chicago right now and let me tell you, you CAN'T escape it. I have a standard question that I ask every Blackhawk fan when they say they aren't bandwagoners. Who led your team in points in the 06-07 season Kane or Toews? Not one person out of the now 11 people have said the right answer. Neither player was even in the league yet. :lol:

:lol: Awesome.

That's amazing.

BTW, I find it hilarious that our injury report reads like a paragraph more than a sentence.

Since i know there are those that are frothing at the mouth to do so, I am going to apologize in advance for the hawk fan trolls that no doubt will arrive before during and after the game. Don't think that behavior reflects upon all of us.

Since i know there are those that are frothing at the mouth to do so, I am going to apologize in advance for the hawk fan trolls that no doubt will arrive before during and after the game. Don't think that behavior reflects upon all of us.

thanks, we don't think that about you at all, no worries.

Speaking only for myself, I feel a sort of pity for "fans" who crow and brag about beating a team with half the regulars out, injured. I would love to see them come back and talk smack when/if their team triumphs over Detroit when all the Wings are healthy. Otherwise, it's a hollow "victory" at best, even though it looks the same in W count on paper, unfortunately.

So it goes... Dallas thinks they won big yesterday -- over our farm team. Woo. :rolleyes:

I couldn't be more proud of the effort yesterday, BTW. Brave Wings/Griffins!! I hope for a win today, it would be sweet indeed. Go, Wings!!

If Wings win (and I think we still have a chance despite playing with a $33 million-dollar roster), I doubt any Hawks' fans will show face to troll. If Wings do win it will be one of the biggest embarrassments of the year for Chicago.

That said, if we lose, I'm sure this forum will be overwhelmed with trolling Hawks' fans.

Go Wings Griffins!

If Wings win (and I think we still have a chance despite playing with a $33 million-dollar roster), I doubt any Hawks' fans will show face to troll. If Wings do win it will be one of the biggest embarrassments of the year for Chicago.

That said, if we lose, I'm sure this forum will be overwhelmed with trolling Hawks' fans.

Go Wings Griffins!

If the Hawks win, most of their "fans" no doubt will be foaming at the mouth and shrieking that the tables have turned and blah blah blah, despite Detroit missing half their lineup.

:lol:

Bertuzzi-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Leino-Abdelkader-Eaves

Draper-Helm-Miller

May-Newbury-Maltby

Lidstrom-Meech

Janik-Rafalski

Lebda-Stuart

That is a pretty sad lineup right there. Only the ones in bold are legitimate NHL players with more that a season's experience. (Notice: Lebda is not bold)

Also:

Seriously? WTF? Have you guys ever seen this many long-term injuries to a team's best players? 67% of our top 6 is injured and 50% of our top 6 defense is injured. lollerskates. After the injuries in the playoffs I thought God hated the Wings. And now it's not looking any brighter.

Is there an all star game that they didn't shut down the regular season games for? It really is frustrating. After a while it became almost comical, then the injuries started coming at Ludicrous Speed. But, we can still win this game because our Schwartz is bigger than theirs.

If the Hawks win, most of their "fans" no doubt will be foaming at the mouth and shrieking that the tables have turned and blah blah blah, despite Detroit missing half their lineup.

I was reading their message forum and their fans are saying a Hawks win tonight will shift the momentum. Another fan says a Hawks win tonight will be huge because it'll get into Osgood's head. Lol.

I was reading their message forum and their fans are saying a Hawks win tonight will shift the momentum. Another fan says a Hawks win tonight will be huge because it'll get into Osgood's head. Lol.

I don't think there's much room in Ozzies head for a loss to mess with him. It's full of Stanley Cup Championship memories.

I don't think there's much room in Ozzies head for a loss to mess with him. It's full of Stanley Cup Championship memories.

Haha, nice one.

I waiting for a left field report from Wings org announcing Leino sits out Filppula is in. I would rather have Filppula with his stiff wrist than Leino right now. I mean, if Flips wrist is strong enough to where no damage can happen and they are only keeping him out because his wrist is stiff, why not play him over Leino?

Current Streaks

Regular Season Streaks

Overall: 1-game losing streak

Road: 1-game losing streak.

Historical Regular Season Streaks vs. Chicago

Overall: 1-game winning streak

Road: 1-game losing streak (shutout).

Last Ten Games

Last Ten Games – Regular Season

Overall: 6W-3L-0OTL-1SOL

Road: 6W-3L-0OTL-1SOL.

Last Ten Games - Historical Regular Season vs. Chicago

Overall: 7W-3L

Road: 5W-3L-0OTL-2SOL.

Record on this Date

December 20.

This is the 41st game played on this date. The Club's record in the previous 40 games:

20W-13L-7T.

LGW.