• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Real1

Who is this announcer?

Rate this topic

I have looked, and looked, and looked some more and cannot find a name to match the voice. So I come here, and hope someone knows.

Now, I am talking about the announcer who is making the actual, real time call, not the guy who starts out talking.

Please, I hope someone knows.

Edited by Real1

Guest CaliWingsNut
I think that he has the PERFECT voice for hockey. I almost wish he was on FSDetoit, but I think Ken and Mickey are the perfect team.

Your statement makes 0 sense. Perfect is perfect. There are not degrees of perfection.

I think that he has the PERFECT voice for hockey. I almost wish he was on FSDetoit, but I think Ken and Mickey are the perfect team.

cuthbert? his voice is terrible for hockey, and terrible in general, it is like his nose is clogged, but he uses his voice well and is one of the most knowledgeable pbp, but his voice sucks literally.

Cuthbert's good, in that he doesn't annoy the crap out of me.

If I had my choice, it would be Ken & Mickey broadcasting each and every game. Yeah, maybe because they're a bit homeristic, but c'mon. I'm a Wings fan. Should I expect any less?

Of the national (read: Non Wings affiliated) broadcasters, Cuthbert's not bad. Dave Strader would be high on my list. And call me crazy, but I miss the Gary Thorne and Bill Clement duo from the ESPN days.

Doc Emrick is the High King of hockey announcers. To me, there is no comparison...though him calling game 7 has given me that unwanted memory and brought him down just a notch.

Seriously, I think he is absolutely perfect...technical, accurate, and great humor and timely one liners to match a distinctive voice.

I also like Gary Thorne, and miss the tandem of he and Clemment. A really good team that seemed to call alot of our memorable games on the old hockey night national broadcasts.

Doc Emrick is the High King of hockey announcers. To me, there is no comparison...though him calling game 7 has given me that unwanted memory and brought him down just a notch.

Seriously, I think he is absolutely perfect...technical, accurate, and great humor and timely one liners to match a distinctive voice.

I also like Gary Thorne, and miss the tandem of he and Clemment. A really good team that seemed to call alot of our memorable games on the old hockey night national broadcasts.

Emerick is a raging homer though, and some of the things he says are idiotic, for instance what is your greatest memory of the Kronwall Havlat hit? "Nicknamed Jay, I wonder why", that is an example of an announcer ruining a call.

Emrick is horrible and Thorne is even worse. Those guys are prime examples of why US national hockey coverage sucks. (So are the angry analysts like Melrose and Keith Jones, but that's a whole other topic.) Why Dave Strader isn't the #1 guy on VS. and NBC, I have no idea...

Emrick is horrible and Thorne is even worse. Those guys are prime examples of why US national hockey coverage sucks. (So are the angry analysts like Melrose and Keith Jones, but that's a whole other topic.) Why Dave Strader isn't the #1 guy on VS. and NBC, I have no idea...

I know Strader was praised so much for the winter classic yet they still go back to Doc

Emerick is a raging homer though, and some of the things he says are idiotic, for instance what is your greatest memory of the Kronwall Havlat hit? "Nicknamed Jay, I wonder why", that is an example of an announcer ruining a call.

yeah, I guess I can see Doc as homerish, but I seldom watch the Devils.. When he is calling the playoffs he has always seemed very neutral, if not preferential to the Wings. It's pretty obvious he is a true historian of the game and recognizes that we have been the capital of hockey in it's recent history.

Guest Lidstromboli

2qd4d5g.jpg

yeah, I guess I can see Doc as homerish, but I seldom watch the Devils.. When he is calling the playoffs he has always seemed very neutral, if not preferential to the Wings. It's pretty obvious he is a true historian of the game and recognizes that we have been the capital of hockey in it's recent history.

yeah i meant devils homer, hes more just straight up annoying on nat telecasts with some of his sayings

wow... that guy is really annoying.

I'm glad our "homers" don't get that excited about empty net goals... and at least Ken Daniels sounds relatively "excited" when other teams score..... not:

BUDAJ DOOWWWWWNN...

score.

No, John Forslund is the Canes play-by-play broadcaster.

ah... good call. They sound kinda similar, but I looked up some YouTube videos, and they are not the same. haha

You've got to be kidding me. Bill and Gary were such Avs homers back in the rivalry days, but it is nostalgic to hear them. Eddie and Doc are just plain fail for me.

Chris Cuthbert is by far my favourite PBP commentator, due to the combination of his knowledge, knowing what to say and when, and of course the tone just strikes me as perfect for hockey. I also like Harry Neale.

I do like Gord Miller a lot too... TSN is just perfect in every way, even considering they have Pierre La ******, I honestly think without him it would suck. It's kind of like a movie without an antagonist.

Edited by BeeRYCE