• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

miller76

Have you lost confidence in certain players?

Rate this topic

Disappointing players  

146 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Shoreline
I wake up to see that yes, the Detroit Red Griffins did indeed lose, like any sane person expected them to when playing on the 2nd night of a back-to-back against maybe the best team in the league, and as usual this board goes absolutely bananas and wants to trade everyone.

Yep. It sure is fun making fun of this niche of fellow Wing fans. The bi-polar bandwagon is great for laughs. :lol:

Edited by Shoreline

Rafalski. That is all.

EDIT: I guess I should explain since there will be arguments. He can't hit, he can't shoot the puck hard, he isn't fast, he's small, and he doesn't play well along the boards. He's making 6.5 million a year of our stretched salary to make passes.

Edited by Wings_Dynasty

Kovalchuk will never be a Wing, or at least not soon. A ton of my Twitter sources have said Kovy is going to the Canucks.

A ton of you Twitter sources?? LMAO!!

That just sounds ridiculous. Sorry.

Rafalski. That is all.

EDIT: I guess I should explain since there will be arguments. He can't hit, he can't shoot the puck hard, he isn't fast, he's small, and he doesn't play well along the boards. He's making 6.5 million a year of our stretched salary to make passes.

Exactly. why isn't this guy on the list. He's got the most ridiculous contract on our roster. I wish he didn't have a no trade so we could trade him for a top 6 winger. No one would notice he was missing.

I voted Osgood obviously. He was awful last night as expected, but even I don't expect him to win games with the goose egg on the board.

Also voted Leino. He just cannot skate. I didn't think he could replace Hudler, but I at least thought he'd be a threat to score out there. He couldn't score on an empty net right now. At least Drapes can do that :)

I couldn't bring myself to vote Lidstrom. He's aging people. The offense is the first thing to go. The same thing happened to chelios.

Datsyuk couldn't vote him either. I wish he'd score more, but it's really against his nature. He seems to be turning the corner but probably still not going to score a lot of goals.

Edited by Pucks

I wake up to see that yes, the Detroit Red Griffins did indeed lose, like any sane person expected them to when playing on the 2nd night of a back-to-back against maybe the best team in the league, and as usual this board goes absolutely bananas and wants to trade everyone.

But trying to be on-topic, it looked like Ozzie let in some weak goals last night. I'm sad to see that it seems he just can't get it done in the regular season anymore. Hopefully he's still got another great playoff run in him though.

You know what I didn't expect them to win last night. Any sane person could see that coming. Playing on a back to back against a stellar, healthy team. I didn't start this thread because the team lost. I started this thread in the second period of last nights game. Mostly because you could see the lack of effort and finesse this team employed in certain players that either are tired, hurt, or flat out have given up. I was pissed at the inability of a young powerful, strong player, like Leino. Who should be full of piss and vinegar trying to prove all of his naysayers wrong. But he couldn't even finish a check last night. He let up every time.

And I really enjoy the posts from resident LGW'ers that think they know more about the game, just because their post count on here is higher or join date was 6-7 years old now. They want to call you band wagon fans, because you speak your mind about being disappointed in certain players play. I thought this was the proper forum for this. BTW I did join the wand wagon, about 26 years ago!

I am probably most disappointed with Datsyuk - unlike Lidstrom and Osgood, he's in his prime and now would be a great time to shine... I guess I had hoped he could be that type of player (and he still might be). Chris Osgood is not exactly paid to be a difference maker - Datsyuk is.

Totally agree. Not sure where people are getting info that he's having personal issues, and even if he were, too bad, suck it up and deal with it. He's not being paid millions a year to slack due to personal problems, he's a professional athlete being paid ridiculous amounts of money, at least play like it. By far the biggest disappointment to me.

Guest mindfly

Osgood = Can a player get more "uninterested" how can babcock not see this? Osgood is a ****** tbh, not show up for regular season what an ass

Leino = Knew he would get a spot on the team with all the departures in the off season, got comfortable, more soft and apparently got poor work ethic cause he sure as hell isn't getting faster, WEAK.

Lidstrom = He's the captain, he knows exatcly what they need to do, this season he's all talking but doesn't show anything on the ice... He was the obvious no.1 Defenseman in the world just 2 seasons ago, declined a bit last year and now he has been absolutely brutal as far as offense goes.... how can this be happening? has he no heart or desire anymore?

Datsyuk = Not easy being the only quality forward on this team atm, can't blame him, he's probably fed up with all the rookies from GR who can't do sh*t..

That is all.

I have lost the most confidence in Osgood. I figured after last season's debacle he would have been more focused and this unfocused play would be nonexistant this year. He used to be able to get a free pass b/c he really turned it on for the playoffs, but we need playoff Ozzie now so we can make the playoffs.

As for Kovalchuk, I would trade somebody say Filppula, Kindl, Larrson and a 2nd +3rd rd draft pick. Provided he signed for around $6.5 mil for 5 or 6 years.

This team lacks a bona fide sniper. A guy who can score at will. Too many of our guys are all around guys, do a lot of things good, but never really excel at one thing. Not everybody can be a 2 way stud. We need guys to focus solely on defense, guys to focus solely on offense, and a few guys who do both well.

I have lost the most confidence in Osgood. I figured after last season's debacle he would have been more focused and this unfocused play would be nonexistant this year. He used to be able to get a free pass b/c he really turned it on for the playoffs, but we need playoff Ozzie now so we can make the playoffs.

As for Kovalchuk, I would trade somebody say Filppula, Kindl, Larrson and a 2nd +3rd rd draft pick. Provided he signed for around $6.5 mil for 5 or 6 years.

This team lacks a bona fide sniper. A guy who can score at will. Too many of our guys are all around guys, do a lot of things good, but never really excel at one thing. Not everybody can be a 2 way stud. We need guys to focus solely on defense, guys to focus solely on offense, and a few guys who do both well.

Just get Frolov and you don't have to get rid of guys like Filppula and Kindl.

Except for Ville, those are three top notch players. To have any in doubt by so many speaks to me of coaching and that it the first thing I thought about when I saw this thread - not players per se, but coaching.

I'm sorry but this looks better:

Frolov-Datsyuk-Cleary

Zetterberg-Filppula-Franzen

Abdelkader-Helm-Eaves

Miller-Draper-TOUGHGUY

I lol'd at your 3rd line and having Abby on 4th line wing or not on the team at all.

Yea, i'd rather have Kovalchuk, Bertuzzi and Holmstrom on my roster then Frolov, but no biggie. And yes, that 3rd line was brutal, but you gotta do the best with what you got.

Just bring up Larsson and put Ozzie down in GR for conditioning or something. Can't be any worse at this point. And who the hell is gonna claim Ozzie on waivers?

This must be a joke. The BEST playoff goalie of the past two years would be picked up on waivers within seconds.

Kovalchuk will never be a Wing, or at least not soon. A ton of my Twitter sources have said Kovy is going to the Canucks.

That's absolutely terrifying. If that happens, and they pick up some decent D... they'll dominate...

I DO believe though that we will be making a trade for a goal scorer come February, but it won't be Kovy. I could see it being a much lower paid, unexpected talent, or someone who is under rated consistently and great defensively (Savard?)

I believe the lines for next year will be

Scorer - Dats - Homer

Bert - Z - Cleary

Leino - Fil - Miller

Drapes - Helm - Eaves

Lids - Raffi

E - Kronwall

Janik - Kindl

Our top two lines have a play maker, a good to decent scorer and a grinder. Our bottom two lines have players who play with heart (maybe not Leino, but reunited with Fil, he'll be a lot better) and speed.

Our D corps will have a good Defensive D man paired with an Offensive D man to offset them. Ericsson needs to learn from our top D men if he's to get better defensively, and so does Kindl.

And to be honest, the player that has surprised me the most of all of these is Janik. He was signed as basically a mentor for our GR kids... but has turned out to be one of our more solid D men.

Lidstrom has been a huge disappointment offensively. With all the PP time he gets and overall ice time you'd think he would have more than 1 goal. Having the worst shooting percentage in the league is not for a multiple norris winner.

This must be a joke. The BEST playoff goalie of the past two years would be picked up on waivers within seconds.

That's absolutely terrifying. If that happens, and they pick up some decent D... they'll dominate...

I DO believe though that we will be making a trade for a goal scorer come February, but it won't be Kovy. I could see it being a much lower paid, unexpected talent, or someone who is under rated consistently and great defensively (Savard?)

Scorer - Dats - Homer

Bert - Z - Cleary

Leino - Fil - Miller

Drapes - Helm - Eaves

Lids - Raffi

E - Kronwall

Janik - Kindl

Our top two lines have a play maker, a good to decent scorer and a grinder. Our bottom two lines have players who play with heart (maybe not Leino, but reunited with Fil, he'll be a lot better) and speed.

Our D corps will have a good Defensive D man paired with an Offensive D man to offset them. Ericsson needs to learn from our top D men if he's to get better defensively, and so does Kindl.

And to be honest, the player that has surprised me the most of all of these is Janik. He was signed as basically a mentor for our GR kids... but has turned out to be one of our more solid D men.

Did you just Trade Franzen!!!!!!!!

Lidstrom has been a huge disappointment offensively. With all the PP time he gets and overall ice time you'd think he would have more than 1 goal. Having the worst shooting percentage in the league is not for a multiple norris winner.

And that one goal was a fluke deflection off an opposing player.

Scorer - Dats - Homer

Bert - Z - Cleary

Leino - Fil - Miller

Drapes - Helm - Eaves

Lids - Raffi

E - Kronwall

Janik - Kindl

I don't mean to be a jerk, but this post is littered with ignorance.

As rage pointed out, you left out Johan Franzen........and you also left out Brad Stuart.

And assuming you meant Marc Savard, he just signed a long-term deal with Boston for what most would consider a fantastic hometown discount, so he's not going anywhere, probably has a NTC too...but I have no idea about that.

And your comment about Janik, if you're referring to his contributions to the Wings and not the Griffins, how can you say he's been one of our most solid defenseman after 4 games?

Did you just Trade Franzen!!!!!!!!

I don't mean to be a jerk, but this post is littered with ignorance.

As rage pointed out, you left out Johan Franzen........and you also left out Brad Stuart.

And assuming you meant Marc Savard, he just signed a long-term deal with Boston for what most would consider a fantastic hometown discount, so he's not going anywhere, probably has a NTC too...but I have no idea about that.

And your comment about Janik, if you're referring to his contributions to the Wings and not the Griffins, how can you say he's been one of our most solid defenseman after 4 games?

I apologize for my earlier post, I am pretty sick, so my head's not quite right. I somehow managed to forget both Franzen and Stuart. Janik has just simply impressed me in each game he's played, and I believe he has earned a spot on the Wings, even when everyone comes back, certainly ahead of Lebda/Meech.

I also did not know about Savard signing that multi-year deal, but I was meaning him or a player who plays like him.

We probably will not be picking up any new players in the offseason, as we already have an overload of them that are running out of time in GR

Franzen - Dats - Homer

Bert - Z - Cleary

Leino - Fil - Miller

Draper - Helm - Eaves

Lids - Raffi

Kronwall - Stuart

E - Janik

(I don't know what happens to Kindl)