• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

uk_redwing

Matthias Ritola recalled from G.R.

Rate this topic

With Darren Helm back and playing well, forward Kris Newbury has been assigned to Grand Rapids.

Link

Matthias Ritola is being called up instead, MLive and RWC are now reporting.

Newbury doesnt deserve to be sent down. Number 21 does.

Edited by uk_redwing

Newbury down, Ritola up. Kenny Holland says, "Newbury gave us a good little push there, but you know, we are going to try something else -- shake it up a little."

And there was much rejoicing.

Riiiiiiitola

Edit: Hmm ... that's supposed to say "Never Fear, Ritola's Here" .... stupid Mondays.

Edited by Octopus's Garden

I haven't been to a Griffins game in a couple years so forgive my ignorance, but Newbury was outperforming Ritola in the minors in every category; more points in less games played, more penalty minutes, better +/-. Besides, Newbury wasn't doing all that poorly in the NHL(1 goal, 4 pm, +1) Why would Ritola be replacing Newbury?

Eh. Ritola is having yet another mediocre season so perhaps this is to assess where he's at in his progression? Otherwise you would think there are better options to call up.

Edited by thedatsyukian

Guest mindfly

Would have prefered Leino to be sent down, it can be good to have a pissed off player on the ice, newbury that is..

Haven't seen Ritola play much only a few games with detroit a couple of season ago... From what I've read and been told he's a team guy, great work ethic and solid attitude, quite the opposite of Ryno and Axelsson, so i think he deserves a chance just because of that.

Edited by mindfly