• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jake Ryan

1 x 12

Rate this topic

Well it is only supposed to be x12 which would be 4 Forward Lines and have nothing to do with Defensive Lines. :P
Yeah, I got that now. I just kinda got confused while almost everyone were posting lines with d-men on them.

It would have to Zetterberg or Datsyuk then. Datsyuk is a better set-up man and better defensively. Zetterberg is a better goal scorer and probably a better skater as well.

Yeah, I got that now. I just kinda got confused while almost everyone were posting lines with d-men on them.

It would have to Zetterberg or Datsyuk then. Datsyuk is a better set-up man and better defensively. Zetterberg is a better goal scorer and probably a better skater as well.

Datsyuk can do it all, though. Hit, skate, pass, score, steal, etc. Zetterberg is a more polished skater and probably has a little more class in the slot, but Datsyuk doesn't get injured as often and is tougher to play against.

Datsyuk can do it all, though. Hit, skate, pass, score, steal, etc. Zetterberg is a more polished skater and probably has a little more class in the slot, but Datsyuk doesn't get injured as often and is tougher to play against.

Zetterberg is better in the playoffs. Zetterberg > Datsyuk by a mile.

Don't forget that Zetterberg actually shows up for the playoffs more often though.

Edit: Damn, Carman beat me to it.

Edited by Zetts

I don't know about that. Zetterberg has been good in the playoffs, but that might be because Datsyuk is getting the opponents checking line. Zetterberg always seems to be playing against the other team's scoring line.

I don't know about that. Zetterberg has been good in the playoffs, but that might be because Datsyuk is getting the opponents checking line. Zetterberg always seems to be playing against the other team's scoring line.

Nope, it's because Zetterberg raises his game in key situations. Not to mention Zetterberg shut down the league's best player in Crosby.

Nope, it's because Zetterberg raises his game in key situations. Not to mention Zetterberg shut down the league's best player in Crosby.

Yah, but Zetterberg doesn't have a certain player on his line slowing him down. Don't forget about that, Carmen.

Guest Lidstromboli

i didn't know the other teams first line is their "checking line"

maybe that's why jake wants helm with datsyuk!

Yah, but Zetterberg doesn't have a certain player on his line slowing him down. Don't forget about that, Carmen.

The lines haven't always been the same in the playoffs. A few years back, Datsyuk wasn't playing with Holmstrom. And in 2008, Dastyuk, Zetterberg and Holmstrom were all together for a good chunk of the playoffs.

There's no way to pin this one on the best net-front player in the league Jake.

Zetterberg is better in the playoffs.

How did this thread turn into a Datsyuk vs. Zetterberg discussion?

My argument: Zetterberg hasn't been as good without Datsyuk and as Datsyuk has been without Zetterberg.

Don't worry, I'm sure this discussion won't last long. It'll turn into an enforcer thread. Or maybe one about goaltending once someone suggests that Osgood is the player we clone.

How did this thread turn into a Datsyuk vs. Zetterberg discussion?

My argument: Zetterberg hasn't been as good without Datsyuk and as Datsyuk has been without Zetterberg.

Except in the most important stage of the season(Playoffs).

Not this again.

Datsyuk is inferior to Zetterberg when it comes to defense. Zetterberg was the key forward to play against the other team's scoring lines and he still produced more than Datsyuk while having to concentrate much more on his defensive game.

Also:

zetterberg-henrik-392-cp-080531.jpg

Edited by Doc Holliday

Not this again.

Datsyuk is inferior to Zetterberg when it comes to defense. Zetterberg was the key forward to play against the other team's scoring lines and he still produced more than Datsyuk while having to concentrate much more on his defensive game.

Also:

zetterberg-henrik-392-cp-080531.jpg

Ah the 5 on 3. All other arguments are invalid now.

I think Datsyuk would have to be the clear choice.

Imagine Dats on the ice with 2 other Dats? The same instinct and playmaking skills perfectly in tune with his linemates?

Imagine being on the other team and being hounded by 3 backchecking Datsyuks? Terror.

that would be a thing of beauty to watch. three guys like that skillfully passing the puck back and forth, deking and confusing the opposing d-men.......but none of them would shoot the puck or SCORE::::::::