• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Third Man In

Rafalski questionable tonight with flu

Rate this topic

Not that I think he'll be playing at all but on the Wings official Facebook page they have a photo of Lilja on the ice for practice this morning. I had no idea that he was practicing with the team now.

This will get me flamed, but I don't mean this as an indictment on our players as it applies to all teams it seems.... When did hockey players get so lame? Miss 4 weeks with a seperated shoulder? Ask Emmit Smith and any number of football players about not missing a quarter of a single game with that injury.. Hell, my HS coach told me I might as well sent the bench the rest of my JR year if I didn't play the next week with a seperation on my THROWING shoulder.

Micheal Jordan played 43 minutes, hit 7 3's in one half and made a video replay of all time over Craig Ehlo with 103 fever and a full blown case of the flu...and it goes on and on.

Guest mindfly
This will get me flamed, but I don't mean this as an indictment on our players as it applies to all teams it seems.... When did hockey players get so lame? Miss 4 weeks with a seperated shoulder? Ask Emmit Smith and any number of football players about not missing a quarter of a single game with that injury.. Hell, my HS coach told me I might as well sent the bench the rest of my JR year if I didn't play the next week with a seperation on my THROWING shoulder.

Micheal Jordan played 43 minutes, hit 7 3's in one half and made a video replay of all time over Craig Ehlo with 103 fever and a full blown case of the flu...and it goes on and on.

I'm with you on this one, Now it's all papers, saying if one have a torn ACL they must not play a game within 4months... even though one player could have faster recovery than another and might be able to play after 3months or something... these days they throw away games and get handed losses because of that...In the good ol days if it felt good in the knee or shoulder they were like "PUT ME ON THE TEAM COACH" but now they're like "NONO YOU HAVE ONLY RESTED 3MONTHS 1 MONTH LEFT NO MATTER HOW GOOD YOU FEEL" in this day and age i think you gotta take some risks because as it is now wings might miss the playoffs with the stupid salary cap, parity and OT/SO loss points

Edited by mindfly

are you seriously saying other sports players are tougher? Football players would miss games over a broken toe for hecks sake, bball players are *******, earlier this year franzen played a period on a torn ACL, football players would just lay there and cry.

are you seriously saying other sports players are tougher? Football players would miss games over a broken toe for hecks sake, bball players are *******, earlier this year franzen played a period on a torn ACL, football players would just lay there and cry. Hockey players are constantly proving how much tougher they are than other sports, yeah they have to take precautions but most hockey players would play through anything if they could, and they do in the playoffs unless it is a terrible terrible injury.

Didn't Rafalski JUST have the flu a couple of weeks ago? I'm no doctor, but isn't there a vaccine for the common flu that when taken PREVENTS THE PERSON FROM GETTING IT?! Might it be a good investment to look into this? This is getting ridiculous.

Try stick handling or shooting with a separated shoulder. Let me know how that works out for you. Then they to get checked. Ya...

Didn't Raffi of all people play with some kind of shoulder separation in the Playoffs last year anyways? I'm pretty sure he did making that posters statement even more ludicrous.

Whats the Wings injury count to? This is the type of situations where someone would sarcastically throw out an exaggerated number like 9, but nobody would realize they were being sarcastic because there are actually 9 starters out of the freaking lineup.

Franzen, Kronwall, Cleary, Lilju, Filppula, Williams, Ericsson, Zetteberg, Rafi. That's a non-sarcastic 9 for you.

Try stick handling or shooting with a separated shoulder. Let me know how that works out for you. Then they to get checked. Ya...

I've thrown a football with a seperation, which has a greater range of motion than shooting a puck. What a seperation does it make it easier to seperate again until the surrounding tissue heals and the ligaments firm back up, but as long as the shoulder is in place there is no pain and no structural damage.

Again, the best example is Emmit Smith against the Giants in 92, 27 carries (each time hitting 250 men at 15 mph and then hitting the ground with 600-700 pounds on top of you) after seperating his shoulder AND tearing a ligament, true longterm damage. Now that's old school hockey mentality there..

Didn't Rafalski JUST have the flu a couple of weeks ago? I'm no doctor, but isn't there a vaccine for the common flu that when taken PREVENTS THE PERSON FROM GETTING IT?! Might it be a good investment to look into this? This is getting ridiculous.

Actually, there isn't. No vaccine is 100% effective, but this is particularly the case for flu vaccines as the flu virus is highly variable and mutates rapidly.

Franzen, Kronwall, Cleary, Lilju, Filppula, Williams, Ericsson, Zetteberg, Rafi. That's a non-sarcastic 9 for you.

at this point, counting Lilja seems pointless. I know he's still on our roster but I don't see how he could ever play in the NHL again since his symptoms have lasted this long.

8 players is ridiculous. If they manage to win tonight that would be quite an accomplishment.