• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CanadaBoy

Greatest individual performances of the decade

Rate this topic

Which do you think is the greatest individual performances of the past decade?  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Whenever I think about Yzerman, the 2001-2002 playoff run comes to mind. I can't even imagine playing NHL-caliber hockey on one leg, let alone scoring at a point per game pace, and clutch goals to boot. I'm biased, so I voted for that one.

I was kind of surprised that Giguere's 2003 playoff run didn't make the list. Say what you want about his pads and whatnot, but the 2003 sweep was pretty impressive. We had Fedorov, Yzerman, Shanahan, Hull, Robitaille, Larionov, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Chelios, and Schneider, averaging more than 45 shots per game, and scored six goals in four games. ;) He posted EIGHT shutouts in that playoff run.

Yzerman's 01/02 playoff run was obviously spectacular and one of the more inspirational performances of not only the decade, but I'd say the modern era. However, Sakic's 00/01 season was amazing as well, I think that falls second TBH.

I voted for Lemieux, simply because the guy was away from hockey for 3 1/2 years, and as soon as he came back, he was one of the top forwards in the league again.

He didn't even need time to gel or get his legs back or any of that s***. Instead, he dominated immediately. I think he scored like 3 points in his first game.

Simply amazing.

There's one missing on this list that absolutely, positively deserves to be there:

J.S. Giguere in the 02-03 playoffs. A goalie winning the smythe isn't all that common, nor is a player on the losing team. A goalie winning the Smythe on the losing team is amazingly noteworthy, and it speaks highly of his absolutely disgustingly good performance. That's my vote.

There's one missing on this list that absolutely, positively deserves to be there:

J.S. Giguere in the 02-03 playoffs. A goalie winning the smythe isn't all that common, nor is a player on the losing team. A goalie winning the Smythe on the losing team is amazingly noteworthy, and it speaks highly of his absolutely disgustingly good performance. That's my vote.

Those mattress sized pads had something to do with it.

But yeah, he should have been on the list.

Whenever I think about Yzerman, the 2001-2002 playoff run comes to mind. I can't even imagine playing NHL-caliber hockey on one leg, let alone scoring at a point per game pace, and clutch goals to boot. I'm biased, so I voted for that one.

I was kind of surprised that Giguere's 2003 playoff run didn't make the list. Say what you want about his pads and whatnot, but the 2003 sweep was pretty impressive. We had Fedorov, Yzerman, Shanahan, Hull, Robitaille, Larionov, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Chelios, and Schneider, averaging more than 45 shots per game, and scored six goals in four games. ;) He posted EIGHT shutouts in that playoff run.

didn't Robitaille only play for us the year we won the Cup in '02? I thought he chose to go back to LA the summer after he played 1 season with the Wings?

I almost forgot what an impressive season Lids had there. 80 points is sick when you consider that he's never sacrificed Defense for Offense.

But yeah, Yzerman in 02 was one of those "larger than life" performances.. inspirational to say the least. That and Lemiux's comeback are probably the greatest in my eyes.