• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

96warrior

Another Wing injured?

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

Must be a pain in the ass driving back and forth from detroit-grand parids.. don't know the distance but it must be a few hours since its on the other side of the state.. but i guess it's better than los angeles' ahl team which is located in new hampshire :P

Edited by mindfly

Must be a pain in the ass driving back and forth from detroit-grand parids.. don't know the distance but it must be a few hours since its on the other side of the state.. but i guess it's better than los angeles' ahl team which is located in new hampshire :P

I would guess they fly him in, but in reality it's only something like 2.5 hours to GR from metro Detroit. Not really bad either way.

2.5 - 3 hours probably. Not that big of deal, really. Though the weather is really, really crappy today. We just got dumped on with heavy snow....

Ritola's done more? :blink:

Ritola had a fire lit under his ass last night. Anyways, I find it hard to believe Ritola could not put up 6 points in 35 games playing on the second line. Leino is a major underachiever.

Ritola had a fire lit under his ass last night. Anyways, I find it hard to believe Ritola could not put up 6 points in 35 games playing on the second line. Leino is a major underachiever.

You can't say that. Justin Abdelkader only has 6 points in 35 games... and he was centering the 2nd line and centering the 2nd PP unit. Abby even had time with Bert and Cleary (before Cleary went down).

You can't say that. Justin Abdelkader only has 6 points in 35 games... and he was centering the 2nd line and centering the 2nd PP unit. Abby even had time with Bert and Cleary (before Cleary went down).

Still, despite being scratched multiple times, and playing on the second line thats all he did. Abdelkader was also supposed to spend this season in Grand Rapids, remember? Abdelkader has also spent most of his time on the 4th line up until just recently.

Don't expect to see Leino much longer. I have a feeling he's just gonna book it back to Finland* soon.

So many Swedes, I lose track sometimes!

Edited by ShanahanMan

Still, despite being scratched multiple times, and playing on the second line thats all he did. Abdelkader was also supposed to spend this season in Grand Rapids, remember? Abdelkader has also spent most of his time on the 4th line up until just recently.

And Ritola is projected as a 3rd or 4th liner according to redwingscentral.com. It's also stated that he's "Skilled, but may not have enough to be a scoring-line player". You said he'd have more points than Leino and I'm saying that doesn't seem very logical since Abdelkader isn't even putting up very many points despite getting some quality top line minutes with offensive players... Plus centering the 2nd Power Play unit.

Did you forget that Leino is just as much of a rookie on this team as Abdelkader? I'm not arguing that Leino should sit, I'm just pointing out that your statement Ritola would put up more points than Leino or Abdelkader in 35 games is really stretching things.

Did you forget that Leino is just as much of a rookie on this team as Abdelkader? I'm not arguing that Leino should sit, I'm just pointing out that your statement Ritola would put up more points than Leino or Abdelkader in 35 games is really stretching things.

Abdelkader brings all the qualitys a 4th liner needs, except for the fact he's passive in the agressive stuff. Leino just floats and if he isnt scoring, he is useless.

Abdelkader brings all the qualitys a 4th liner needs, except for the fact he's passive in the agressive stuff. Leino just floats and if he isnt scoring, he is useless.

Exactly.

The guys who I've talked with don't mind the drive to Detroit at all...its the ride back to GR that sucks (as well as the paycut by coming back to the AHL)!

:rolleyes:

That's totally off what cjm502 and I are talking about. We're talking about how cjm502 thinks Ritola would have more than 6 points this time of year if he had Leino's spot. We're talking about points. Not anything else.

Exactly.

I thought we were talking about points??? Are we talking about 4th line grinding and hits or are we talking about Points? I'm confused. You said Ritola would have more than 6 points right now in the NHL. My point was Abby only has 6 points centering the 2nd line and PP.

What are we talking about? Points or grinding? I agree, Ritola would make a better 4th line grinder than Leino.

Edited by Miller Brew

That's totally off what cjm502 and I are talking about. We're talking about how cjm502 thinks Ritola would have more than 6 points this time of year if he had Leino's spot. We're talking about points. Not anything else.

Yea, but I quoted where you said Abby and Leino are rookies, I just said there different and theres no comparison other then that. And I know Ritola isnt great, and believe me, I dont even like him lol, but 6 points is nothing. If Ritola had as much time with Z and Fil that Leino had early on, he probably would've put up some points.

Yea, but I quoted where you said Abby and Leino are rookies, I just said there different and theres no comparison other then that. And I know Ritola isnt great, and believe me, I dont even like him lol, but 6 points is nothing. If Ritola had as much time with Z and Fil that Leino had early on, he probably would've put up some points.

Abby has more offensive upside than Ritola... and has 6 points so far this season. I know Abby brings more to the game than just points. I honestly hope Abby stays up when Wings are healthy.

I thought we were talking about points??? Are we talking about 4th line grinding and hits or are we talking about Points? I'm confused. You said Ritola would have more than 6 points right now in the NHL. My point was Abby only has 6 points centering the 2nd line and PP.

What are we talking about? Points or grinding? I agree, Ritola would make a better 4th line grinder than Leino.

I know. Im just agreeing with what he was saying. Abby is not a scorer, and was not intended to be. He is not even supposed to be in the NHL right now. Scoring is what we are looking for out of Leino. He has provided as much as our minor league grinder.

Edited by cjm502