• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 Pavel Hossyukstrom

Pavel Hossyukstrom

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 11:07 PM

Even though Ritola didn't score on that giveaway by Columbus in the 3rd, that's more offense than what Leino has provided in over a month. I'd keep Ritola up for sometime it's obvious he wants to play. Leino is just one big disappointment right now.
Champions are made of metal!!

#62 FinWing

FinWing

Vaasa red & white

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE (Icesurfer @ December 28, 2009 - 05:18AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL..... I was right....

Good riddance Leino..... if you don't want to bust your @ss wearing that Winged Wheel, then you don't deserve to wear it. That's why players like Draper and Maltby have lasted so long..... they may not score a ton of goals but they give 125% effort. That kind of effort leads to opportunities.... if not goal scoring then at least drawing penalties and preventing goals against. I doubt if Leino drew even one penalty all year AND he was a team leading MINUS 9. Go back to Finland.

I doubt him getting a job in Finland with his current work ethic.
Thank You TeeMan

#63 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:58 AM

Ritola was VERY impressive last night, played a very solid game. Stole a few pucks, took a few quality shots, drew a penalty and showed some tremendous puck handling skills. The skill is clearly there.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#64 FinWing

FinWing

Vaasa red & white

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE (Aussie_Wing @ December 29, 2009 - 03:58PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ritola was VERY impressive last night, played a very solid game. Stole a few pucks, took a few quality shots, drew a penalty and showed some tremendous puck handling skills. The skill is clearly there.

If only that one shot had gone in... He should be paired with Flip for the time being and maybe insert Eaves as the other winger, I think that could be a decent 2nd line (all things considered).
Thank You TeeMan

#65 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:18 AM

QUOTE (FinWing @ December 29, 2009 - 09:05AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If only that one shot had gone in... He should be paired with Flip for the time being and maybe insert Eaves as the other winger, I think that could be a decent 2nd line (all things considered).

Agreed x2. Ritola-Flip-Eaves is far, far better than Maltby-Flip-Miller which was the 2nd line for most of last night.

Although in saying that, I do like Eaves with Helm. So much speed and energy. Eaves has such a hard shot.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#66 FinWing

FinWing

Vaasa red & white

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:32 AM

QUOTE (Aussie_Wing @ December 29, 2009 - 04:18PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agreed x2. Ritola-Flip-Eaves is far, far better than Maltby-Flip-Miller which was the 2nd line for most of last night.

Although in saying that, I do like Eaves with Helm. So much speed and energy. Eaves has such a hard shot.

That's exactly why I think it would be great for him to have a pass-first setup man like Flip next to him and Ritola can play with the puck too. Maltby has no business being on a scoring line.
Thank You TeeMan