• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Zetts

Samuelsson blasts Sweden

Rate this topic

Seems he thinks he should be on the Olympic team.

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/hockey/news/news...html?cid=rsstsn

Notably absent from the list is Detroit's Johan Franzen, who is currently nursing a knee injury. Another notable absentee is Vancouver's Mikael Samuelsson, who pulled no punches in discussing the snub.

"Probably going to get in trouble for this, but they can go (expletive deleted) themselves," was his reaction following the Canucks win over Calgary Sunday night.

Guest ZetterbergFourty

I dont know what to think of this.

"Probably going to get in trouble for this..."

Should have just stopped there.

I dont know what he's worried about, the NHL can't give him s*** for talking smack about or to an olympic committee.

This cant be good for his rep though.

Edit: Upon further review, this makes little sense. Oh well.

Edited by ZetterbergFourty

I'm shocked at his exclusion, and I don't blame him for being mad, but I think he just burnt a bridge there. If someone goes down, he won't be getting the call-up after this. They'll be calling Ryno :ph34r:

This is an outrage! How will they know that the opposing goalie's pads and the boards around the nets are of sufficient quality??

You forgot the logo on the center of their chest, as well. I bet those commie bastards in Russia are going with cheap jerseys to save their country some cash.

...or would that be China? :lol:

Guest Shoreline

I'd probably be pissed too. It means he's a competitor and wants to represent his country. That being said, it's true that he likely did burn bridges there. Doubt it matters much given the gold he has.

Meh, he's probably disappointed to not be playing after playing last go-round and winning the gold. Understandable. Also need to recognize that no spots are just handed out to people, and he might've just killed his chances of being a replacement or whatever.

While I like that he speaks his mind, this was immensely stupid by him.. we have Alfredsson who is out like 1-2 months, might even miss the olympics. We have Forsberg, the most injury prone player in the world. Modin, who has played 8 games this season and is also injury prone.

The chances that a spot will open up on that team are 99%, and most likely Sammy was the no.1 reserve for Gustafsson. But after this? It's likely that Sammy doesn't have a chance in hell. Which is too bad, cause I'd really want him on that team.

Whoa that bridge burned like yesterday's paper soaked in gasoline!

There's got to be more here than meets the eye. My $.02 says he's at odds with someone who has some say-so in Sweden. It happens, and if it was me and that was the case I would've wanted to tell them to have relations with themselves too. And just might have, especially right after a game.

There must have been several refs standing between him and the Olympic committee at the time of his statement...that's the only way Samuelsson will stand up for himself.

Well done sir. I applaud you. :clap: