• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

stevkrause

Howard deserved a better fate

Rate this topic

True. He got us a point last night, but a goalie can only bring a tie. The scoring is up to the skaters (barring rare Ozzie-like moments, but even Ozzie can't be expected to pull that off on a regular basis).

I see games like last night as a training ground for the future. They raise his confidence, and the confidence that the team has in him.

I expressed a great deal of doubt about him at the beginning of the season, but I now have great hope for the future.

He has won me over.

Its really bad to see the wings get repeatedly shutout like this, but what ya gonna do. Atleast the defensive play and the pk isnt super terrible anymore. Just gotta keep grinding it out and get some guys back.

Hey, I think he played great and has improved quite a bit. He just may be our goalie of the future. He certainly deserved some scoring on our part to support his play last night. However, you can bet he was thinking about the rebound and I'm sure he is going to work to improve that aspect of his game. Think about the Jimmy Howard we have seen lately who can also control/limit rebounds. If you ask me, that will be a pretty darn good goalie to have for a long time.

Howard did deserve the wing last night. Yet it was the same story again, the Wings were unable to score.

Yes Mason had some good saves, but if you watch the game over again, there are a few times that the puck would of been passed instead of shot, which would of resulted in a goal.

Just thought of this- the OT/SO kind of robs goalies of well earned (would've been) shutouts.

I really think any goalie in his situation deserved a better fate.

Been a long time since we've had a Wing's team that can't score.

Just thought of this- the OT/SO kind of robs goalies of well earned (would've been) shutouts.

I really think any goalie in his situation deserved a better fate.

Been a long time since we've had a Wing's team that can't score.

indeed... which is another HUGE reason that Brodeur's SO (and Sawchucks for that matter) will never be broken... back in the day you could end the game with a 0-0 tie and both goalies got a SO...

You could tell last night as the game progressed, that one of the goalies was going to end up disappointed. Too bad it was Jimmy. I't the 2nd time in the last 10 games that's he allowed only 1 goal but still lost. He's only given up 1 PP GA in his last 12. He's also in top 11 in both save % and GGA. He's really playing well.

I can't believe were getting shutout this much. Maybe they need to work on some other things to do in the offensive zone, because this just isn't working. That first unit of Dats, Bert, Homer, Lids, Rafi should be scoring at even strength and with the man advantage.

Pretty sure if there is a 0-0 shootout, both goalies get credit for a shut out.

If I'm wrong, please let me know, but I know in my fantasy league, Vokoun and Thomas both got shutouts playing against each other in a game that went to the SO, even though Vokoun lost the game.

Pretty sure if there is a 0-0 shootout, both goalies get credit for a shut out.

If I'm wrong, please let me know, but I know in my fantasy league, Vokoun and Thomas both got shutouts playing against each other in a game that went to the SO, even though Vokoun lost the game.

They still award the SO, even though the goalie takes a loss? that doesn't seem right...

They still award the SO, even though the goalie takes a loss? that doesn't seem right...

wow... apparently you're right - http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/recap?gid=2006112810

“I never thought I’d get a shutout without a win,†Auld said. “It’s kind of crazy.â€

weird...

Edited by stevkrause

Definately deserved better. It's still hard to believe how many times the Wings have gotten shut out this season, but I guess it can be looked at as testament to the importance of the players that are injured. Once they start returning, things should turn around.

I understand losing games because of that, but getting shutout 3 out of 4 games plus two in a row last month is just unacceptable.

Definately deserved better. It's still hard to believe how many times the Wings have gotten shut out this season, but I guess it can be looked at as testament to the importance of the players that are injured. Once they start returning, things should turn around.

I understand losing games because of that, but getting shutout 3 out of 4 games plus two in a row last month is just unacceptable.

I agree. You think the coach would do SOMETHING to make a goal happen. ANYTHING. Rush both defensemen. Put out 5 guys that weight over 250 pounds. Do SOMETHING. Babcock is a mediocre coach. I'm not sold on him.

I agree. You think the coach would do SOMETHING to make a goal happen. ANYTHING. Rush both defensemen. Put out 5 guys that weight over 250 pounds. Do SOMETHING. Babcock is a mediocre coach. I'm not sold on him.

Everybody on our team is overrated. Even Kenny Holland is overrated. Hell, even Illich is overrated. That said, I don't care if they are all overrated as long as they keep bringing the cups home to HockeyTown where it belongs.

Guess they're not so "overrated", after all. :ph34r:

Everybody on our team is overrated. Even Kenny Holland is overrated. Hell, even Illich is overrated. That said, I don't care if they are all overrated as long as they keep bringing the cups home to HockeyTown where it belongs.

Guess they're not so "overrated", after all. :ph34r:

Your spelling is overrated :rolleyes:

You're thinking of ways to give up a goal, not score a goal. You can't honestly think that rushing both defensemen would help us rather than hurt us, can you? There's really nothing the wings can do right now. We have a bunch of guys who aren't skilled enough to take chances and recover when something goes wrong. We have to stick with our style of play and hope it worls out for us until we get guys back. Yeah, it sucks. Nobody wants to lose games, but right now we can't be taking chances.

Your spelling is overrated :rolleyes:

Oops, I forgot a "t", send me to hell. I lost all credibility on LGWs. :scared:

Guess I shouldn't watch hockey anymore, I forgot a 't'. Please lord have mercy on my soul! :unsure:

That should teach me to never forget a 't' again... I hope. Don't want to be burned at the stake. /shivers

Edited by Miller Brew