• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Detroit # 1 Fan

Team Slovakia Named

Rate this topic

I always though Anze Kopitar was from Slovakia.

Oh, come to think of, he's from Slovenia. Sucks for him that he won't be in the Olympics I guess, even though he's one of the best players in the world right now.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Guest mindfly

Oh, come to think of, he's from Slovenia. Sucks for him that he won't be in the Olympics I guess, even though he's one of the best players in the world right now.

Right now? he was on a hot-streak early on but has cooled off alot since... he's far from being "one of the best in the world right now"

Edited by mindfly

I didn't think I'd recognize any other player from Slovenia but lo and behold, Mursak is from there.

Guest mindfly
Good roster? It is pretty bad roster imho. I mean if Kopecky makes the team you know that team sucks.

Czechs will get a better team... although the best would be if you guys united your countries again and picked the best from thw current two.. that would be a sick team :P Never played with the thought of making a roster with the best players from slovakia and czech republic..could someone do it in a few secs?

Edited by mindfly

Good roster? It is pretty bad roster imho. I mean if Kopecky makes the team you know that team sucks.

Well, you didn't think Hossa would travel without his valet, did you?

Slovakia figured they'd need a tough guy, for whenever they have to play Canada. Chara probably declined the role, so Kopecky is their official tough guy.

they have a three man team

Even beyond their top line they have some damn good players, albeit in differing spots in their careers... but Demitra, Meszaros, Satan, Handzus, Visnovsky, Halak, Budaj... all solid players.

Also, Palffy was a stud in the NHL... if he still has that offensive ability, this could be a solid squad... I think they got a better offense than the US roster, tho the US has better goaltending/defense for sure..

Guest mindfly
He's had a better season than anyone on Team Sweden, that's for sure. :P

Huh?

NHL SCORING:

#2 H.Sedin 39GP 18G 32A 50pts +12

#6 N.Backstrom 39GP 15G 30A 45pts +14

#18 A.Kopitar 39GP 16G 23A 39pts +1

:rolleyes:

Edited by mindfly

Wow, they must not have had a lot to choose from if Kopy made the team. That's cool that both Marian and Marcel are playing together. Don't see much of Marcel Hossa these days.

http://www.russianhockeyfans.com/khl/khl-i...-points-86.html

Look here. That tells something about Marcel's current shape. I know that scored goals don't tell very much but still... :)

I just hope that Demitra and Satan will regain their condition because they haven't played a single game in this season.

I was also surprised by Kopecky in roster....hope a coach knows what he's doing :lol:

http://www.russianhockeyfans.com/khl/khl-i...-points-86.html

Look here. That tells something about Marcel's current shape. I know that scored goals don't tell very much but still... :)

I just hope that Demitra and Satan will regain their condition because they haven't played a single game in this season.

I was also surprised by Kopecky in roster....hope a coach knows what he's doing :lol:

It's actually a trick to motivate Svatos before the tournament starts

Czechs will get a better team... although the best would be if you guys united your countries again and picked the best from thw current two.. that would be a sick team :P Never played with the thought of making a roster with the best players from slovakia and czech republic..could someone do it in a few secs?

i was thinking the same thing. If they had a team from both Czech Republic and Slovakia, it'll be a really good team.

Goal:

Vokoun (Cze)

Budaj (Slo)

Halak (Slo)

D:

Kaberle (Cze)

Zdlicky (Cze)

Spacek (Cze)

Smid (Cze)

Chara (Slo)

Meszaros (Slo)

Visnovsky (Slo)