• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:46 PM

today I cought a bit of the us vs. latvia game, no one talks about this kid but hes got some real talent.

#2 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:52 PM

I missed the Game D:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:55 PM

I'd rather have him than Janik
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#4 Miller Brew

Miller Brew

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:01 PM

I've read this kid is physical. Is he Stuart physical? He's got some size that's for sure.

#5 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (Miller Brew @ December 29, 2009 - 10:01PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've read this kid is physical. Is he Stuart physical? He's got some size that's for sure.

not quite, but he could become a threat like stuart if he gets some teaching from stuey, I dk their weight comparison but LAshoff might be bigger at some point or even now.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#6 GROwl

GROwl

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:22 PM

This kid played in GR last Spring after his Junior season was over. We were really impressed with him and disappointed that he was too young to come to GR this year (until Spring again).

Physical, but not crazy.

#7 thedatsyukian

thedatsyukian

I was terror since the public school era

• PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:40 PM

He's relatively physical but Nicastro is the prospect with a real physical presence to his game.
kay

#8 Miller Brew

Miller Brew

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:13 PM

No doubt Red Wings have a bright future with defensemen prospects. I think they have quite a few diamonds that will surprise a lot of people.

#9 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (thedatsyukian @ December 30, 2009 - 01:40PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's relatively physical but Nicastro is the prospect with a real physical presence to his game.

Really? Is Nicastro a huge hitter or just plays a physical game?

And if you know the answer to this... How is his ability to punch people in the head?

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#10 thedatsyukian

thedatsyukian

I was terror since the public school era

• PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (newfy @ December 30, 2009 - 02:22PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really? Is Nicastro a huge hitter or just plays a physical game?

And if you know the answer to this... How is his ability to punch people in the head?

Sorry, he's a not a fighter. He's got a very physical edge to his game to go along with his 6'3" frame but he's still pretty lanky for a kid his size. Luckily he's only a Freshman this year so he has plenty of time to fill out and when he does... watch out. From the games I've seen of him, my favorite part is his ability to clear out the crease.
kay

#11 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (thedatsyukian @ December 30, 2009 - 01:38PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry, he's a not a fighter. He's got a very physical edge to his game to go along with his 6'3" frame but he's still pretty lanky for a kid his size. Luckily he's only a Freshman this year so he has plenty of time to fill out and when he does... watch out. From the games I've seen of him, my favorite part is his ability to clear out the crease.

the problem is he is in college, and Lashoff is in junior, edge lashoff, and i think they are similar size, if someone told lashoff he had to be physical to make the team im sure he could adjust.
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#12 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (thedatsyukian @ December 30, 2009 - 02:38PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh well theres still Callahan. But seriously its nice to hear about all these big hard hitting defenseman we have coming up. Lashoff, Kolosov, Nicastro nd I've read that Piche is a pretty hard hitter as well? I'm not too sure about him though.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24