• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 10:06 PM

Still jealous you never won the Cup, eh Jeremy?

I like Roenick for the most part, but he spends a bit too much time talking right out of his ass. That comment last year about Babcock disliking Americans made it hard to take him seriously.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#22 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 11:02 PM

Jeremy might be right, but personally I don't care that he says it any more than a poster here -- Jeremy is just a talking head and at this point his MO is getting in the headlines so he can continue making money post-retirement. Anyhow, eventually those deep playoff runs can take a toll on a team, and it's possible it's why the Wings have so many injury problems, with some bad luck or merely it exclusively being bad luck. It's a tough season for Wings fans, but even then there's still lots of promise this season. This team needed a little adversity instead of coasting into yet another Central division win and 1-3 seed.

#23 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,263 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 11:11 PM

" You will not be able to see at night"

No s***...

It will come to an end sooner or later, who knows when, but it will happen...

What an idiot.

On a side note, JR would make an excellent 4th liner here
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#24 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,885 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 11:23 PM

Roenick made a career of talking.

#25 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 01:41 AM

Since when did people start caring what Jeremy Roenick thinks?

Posted Image

#26 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 02:27 AM

damn what the hell is his problem with the Wings, it seems like he has nothing but negative things to say about the wings at every turn.
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#27 Shady Ultima

Shady Ultima

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE (Statts @ January 1, 2010 - 09:09PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Roenick also said Babcock is bias against American players last year.

Funny, seeing as our #2 D-Man and starting goalie are both American...

#28 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 03:47 AM

He wouldn't be the first to say it.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#29 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 07:26 AM

QUOTE (EuroTwin @ January 1, 2010 - 08:25PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Give-A-f***-O-Meter

That's Great, good one! thumbup.gif

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#30 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 08:04 AM

Roenick is similar to Don Cherry in terms of actually taking what he says seriously that is.

#31 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:36 AM

“[NHL contraction would be fine if] mediocre European players ... typical of most French guys in our league with a visor on, running around and playing tough and not backing anything up.”

“It would be a travesty if I'm not. I know they want a youth movement, and they need to have one, but it'd be disrespectful of the guys who have gotten Team USA to this point internationally.”

“I know nobody on that team has more points in the National Hockey League than me. So if they want to go that way, good luck.”

“I think they were holding the fact I haven't played in the last two World Cups against me. I'm a lot better player than my points indicate. I'm one of the guys that have (got) the USA to where it is today.”

“I've done a lot for USA hockey. This is really my last chance to be in the Olympics and they took it away from me.”

We should all listen carefully when the most important player in hockey speaks. At least in USA hockey.

[attachment=2253:grain.jpg] Here's your grain of salt.

#32 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,454 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:58 AM

I know a lot of you guys like Roenick. I never have, so I think anything he has to say is pretty much nonsense. But the media continue to give him space, and people will read anything. So there ya go.

A LOT of fans want desperately for the Wings to fail. He's just taking advantage of that to get his name mentioned. It's certainly not embossed on the Cup, so this will have to do, eh?

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#33 j.hoop

j.hoop

i hate the flyers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 11:39 AM

go back to hollywood
Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. - Sophocles
Posted Image

This just in, Stevie gives Canada the Order of Yzerman. Country bows and feels unworthy.

#34 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 01:37 PM

It'll be funny when he is gambling against the Red Wings and he ends up losing.

Posted Image

#35 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE (Shoreline @ January 2, 2010 - 12:02AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jeremy might be right, but personally I don't care that he says it any more than a poster here -- Jeremy is just a talking head and at this point his MO is getting in the headlines so he can continue making money post-retirement. Anyhow, eventually those deep playoff runs can take a toll on a team, and it's possible it's why the Wings have so many injury problems, with some bad luck or merely it exclusively being bad luck. It's a tough season for Wings fans, but even then there's still lots of promise this season. This team needed a little adversity instead of coasting into yet another Central division win and 1-3 seed.

This is all good stuff and I especially agree with the bolded statement. I think the fact that they've been so good in the past has caught up with them a bit. Ah, the problems that result from quality play, eh? champs.gif And I want to think and hope that it's gonna pick up when our regulars start coming back.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#36 InKennyWeTrust

InKennyWeTrust

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 02:01 PM

According to some, we've been in a death spiral since 2003. How many times have we been told "the Wings are too old," "too slow," "too European," "too soft." Every year it's been something new, every year we contend for the Cup. Bring it, ya old wind bag!

#37 zombiewing

zombiewing

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 02:26 PM

sorry, it had to be done

"Helm goes in quick...that's redundant..."

Ken kal 1.16.09

#38 FedorovGurl

FedorovGurl

2nd Line Scorer

• HoF Booster
  • 548 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 02:43 PM

He misspoke thats all, he didn't mean a big fall is ahead for the Wings .. he meant a big SPRING!
Welcome Back Kotter Hudler!! ".... who'd of thought they'd lead ya back here where we need ya? "

#39 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 04:21 PM

I expect him to be at the 2010 Olympics...carrying someone else's equipment bag.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#40 Tommy_Like_Wingy

Tommy_Like_Wingy

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (InKennyWeTrust @ January 2, 2010 - 01:01PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
According to some, we've been in a death spiral since 2003. How many times have we been told "the Wings are too old," "too slow," "too European," "too soft." Every year it's been something new, every year we contend for the Cup. Bring it, ya old wind bag!

But when was the last time our team was doing this poorly? Eventually those people are going to be right.