• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Vladifan

Jeremy Roenick says "a big fall is ahead for the Red Wings"

Rate this topic

If this year is our downfall, then that is just more proof that our organization is the best in sports. Our team is managing to win games and stay in playoff contention with a team full of AHL-ers who were never meant to be playing consistently in the NHL this year and yet some are even on the second line. Put almost any other team in this position for this season as long as we have been this year and I guarantee they would be doing a lot worse.

The Wings are battling for a playoff spot because of their laundry list of injuries, not cause Nick Lidstrom and co are in their upper 30's....

Ingnore reality if you like or did you forget Jimmy D himself stating the Wings would have to battle to make the playoff's this year BEFORE the rash of injuries. To not see this team as being seriously challenged this year is to live with your head in the sand. God, I never expected so many RedWing fans to be such homers. Acknowledging reality doesn't make you less of a fan, that is unless you are 12.

Ingnore reality if you like or did you forget Jimmy D himself stating the Wings would have to battle to make the playoff's this year BEFORE the rash of injuries. To not see this team as being seriously challenged this year is to live with your head in the sand. God, I never expected so many RedWing fans to be such homers. Acknowledging reality doesn't make you less of a fan, that is unless you are 12.

I don't know, over 170 man games lost says a lot when a team has only played 41 games. Granted, there were definitely a number a games, injured or not, where I was banging my head against the TV because it looked like those who were healthy forgot how to play. In any event, we're only 3 points out of a playoff spot which all things considered is nothing short of amazing. The boys have started to realize this year isn't about coasting to a top seed but actually giving 100% every night, which gives me much hope when our core returns.

Jeremy might be right, but personally I don't care that he says it any more than a poster here -- Jeremy is just a talking head and at this point his MO is getting in the headlines so he can continue making money post-retirement. Anyhow, eventually those deep playoff runs can take a toll on a team, and it's possible it's why the Wings have so many injury problems, with some bad luck or merely it exclusively being bad luck. It's a tough season for Wings fans, but even then there's still lots of promise this season. This team needed a little adversity instead of coasting into yet another Central division win and 1-3 seed.

well said. and it's a good thing as a wings fan to know that it's only up from here with all the guys lost in the offseason. 10th place at midseason isn't that bad, especially with all the injuries this year. what happens when franzen comes back and goes on one of his ridiculous point streaks?? having him back will help exponentially and if he's on a line with dats and the lately hot bertuzzi, good things can come from it.

and just to remind everyone...wings won without hossa and lost with him and the same line-up the very next year.

I think people read much to deeply into the Delvano quote. What do you expect him to say, "We're the best there ever was?" The reality of it was that we'd finish in the top 2 in the Central and probably be seeded somewhere between 2-5, not anticipating half of opening night's roster to be on IR.

And yes, this team is seriously challenged, I doubt anyone would question that. But what's challenging them is not their lack of skill up and down the roster, it's their lack of skill game to game. We've had 7 guys out there on a nightly basis who shouldn't even be sniffing the NHL this year, and that has nothing to do with the team that we came into the season with. If anything, the homers around here are the one who predicted the fall because we lost Sammy, Huds, and Hossa, and didn't think that Williams and Bertuzzi were significant players.

So, sorry to drag this topic out of the garbage, but I felt I needed to.

I watched today's Detroit-Chicago game ans saw Roenick actually agreeing that the Wings got screwed on the shootout goal in Dallas.

Later, I had to catch a flight to Ontario, CA through Phoenix (I fly every week for work). Low and behold, who's sitting in front of me? JR.

I was going to leave him alone, but funny thing happens, JRs sitting next to a wanna-be cougar chatty kathy. At one point he turns around and says something about the food to me and the guy sitting next to me. I took the opportunity to tell him he called it right on the air today and the NHL was wrong. He then says to me "The Wings keep getting screwed over in Dallas, they had that May goal wiped out a while back and that was a horrible deal too." I told him it seems to me like the feeling around the league is "the Wings have had their run and it's time for US to move on without them", or something along those lines. He then says, "you're right, but they shouldn't be put at a disadvantage because of it". I say it's just not right and he agrees.

I ended up talking to the guy quite a bit and did a shot with him for his 40th birthday......not a bad flight.

To me, he just seems like a guy that talks alot and whatever's on his mind comes out. So, obviously the controversial stuff is easy to find with him. JMHO.

So, sorry to drag this topic out of the garbage, but I felt I needed to.

I watched today's Detroit-Chicago game ans saw Roenick actually agreeing that the Wings got screwed on the shootout goal in Dallas.

Later, I had to catch a flight to Ontario, CA through Phoenix (I fly every week for work). Low and behold, who's sitting in front of me? JR.

I was going to leave him alone, but funny thing happens, JRs sitting next to a wanna-be cougar chatty kathy. At one point he turns around and says something about the food to me and the guy sitting next to me. I took the opportunity to tell him he called it right on the air today and the NHL was wrong. He then says to me "The Wings keep getting screwed over in Dallas, they had that May goal wiped out a while back and that was a horrible deal too." I told him it seems to me like the feeling around the league is "the Wings have had their run and it's time for US to move on without them", or something along those lines. He then says, "you're right, but they shouldn't be put at a disadvantage because of it". I say it's just not right and he agrees.

I ended up talking to the guy quite a bit and did a shot with him for his 40th birthday......not a bad flight.

To me, he just seems like a guy that talks alot and whatever's on his mind comes out. So, obviously the controversial stuff is easy to find with him. JMHO.

Great story! Thanks for putting it on here. I think you're right. Often he shoots his mouth off and then later (hopefully) thinks about what he said.